Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: KR Gaim 07 released

Post by Dengar »

I totally didn't expect the DJ to be this involved in the evil plot.

I mean, it makes sense in hindsight, but I didn't expect it.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

squashy wrote:I'm having love-hate feeling towards Bravo. Having him around is fun 'cause he knows how to pack a punch, but at the same time I don't like how he screwed everyone and almost caused a massive massacre, yet after Kouta took care of the unleased Inves-es to save civilians he attacked him anyway. It's the blurry boundary between a playful attitude and an unreasonable manchild that bugs me.
Well, to be fair, he knows nothing about the fundamentals in handing the lock seeds. In a sense, he showed himself being an amateur in this whole Invess Game business.

Suika Arms reminds me of Zaku with the coloring, and also Gaim's visor resembling a mono-eye inside the helmet.

Why would Takatora say that it's dangerous for a veteran to possess a Sengoku Driver? I'd wager he might be afraid of losing to him, since their family doesn't seem to have any training in self-defense.

With that many times he was losing, I think Kaito will lose a lot of credibility even in his team. The last thing you know is that Baron will be disbanded or most of its members leaving.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Oh, just find it strange that Kouta never questions the origin of Locks Micchi gets for him. He might have seen the battle footage of Ryugen vs Jonouchi so that explained the Ichigo, but Suika is too powerful to just take for granted.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

the professor look like Ankh?
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Mr. Dangerous is as strong as I predicted; he koed Kaito like he was nothing, even with help, and knew expertly how to fight against Ryugen and his long distance advantage.

I have to say I like the ost in this series; the song playing when Gaim fights Bravo and when he recovers from his breakdown to fight Baron was great!

But enough about that; the series has gone DmC on us. Finding out that annoying host was spying on the public for them screams Bob Barbas. This show has become so interesting with its plot and characters. Wizard only hooked me with its initial plot and design of the main rider.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The soundtrack is one of the things I'm loving about the series. As for Kouta, I doubt he thinks too deeply about many things, much less where Micchi is getting the Lock Seeds. For all he knows, he's just buying them from Cid.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I probably think that where Micchi getting LockSeeds ranks real low on the list of priorities for Kouta like getting a new job.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

KR_FIA wrote:Why would Takatora say that it's dangerous for a veteran to possess a Sengoku Driver? I'd wager he might be afraid of losing to him, since their family doesn't seem to have any training in self-defense.
I doubt that's the reason. I think it's more because the rest of the Sengoku Driver users are basically inexperienced teenagers/young adults, and they're using them as guinea pigs for some plan. he's probably worried that someone as tough as Bravo is just going to wreck shit up, and thus ruin the plan because it seems like the plan is to have people of about similar power levels fight and gain data from them. can't do that if only one person is around and winning all the time, right? it skews the data.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

On a separate note: I can't help but wonder about that waitress who keeps going off on breaks. I don't know why but I get the feeling there might be more to her than they're letting on right now...
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:
KR_FIA wrote:Why would Takatora say that it's dangerous for a veteran to possess a Sengoku Driver? I'd wager he might be afraid of losing to him, since their family doesn't seem to have any training in self-defense.
I doubt that's the reason. I think it's more because the rest of the Sengoku Driver users are basically inexperienced teenagers/young adults, and they're using them as guinea pigs for some plan. he's probably worried that someone as tough as Bravo is just going to wreck shit up, and thus ruin the plan because it seems like the plan is to have people of about similar power levels fight and gain data from them. can't do that if only one person is around and winning all the time, right? it skews the data.
there is also the fact that, if the riders discover whatever shadowy and evil stuff Yggdrassil is doing and try to stop them, or it comes to the point that the riders are becoming an obstacle, an experienced veteran like Pierre would be the biggest menace...i guess.
chcoman123 wrote:
OH KAITO! You is a funny person. :lol: Thinking you can actually go up against Bravo in a straight fight. That's something I noticed about him. He always talks about strength and how everyone else are cowards and weaklings, but he's the real coward! Have you noticed he can never win a straight one-on-one fight? He's always making alliances to protect himself and he's always bringing out Inves to try and help him. He's actually pretty weak. But with that being said...well see preview spoiler.]
It all depends of what you consider weakness, really. some people believe using their resources like Kaito does a perfect good way of fighting. there is no weakness in using things in your advantage. the popular idea is that a fight should be one-on-one, and that many vs one is because the many are weak. but in reality, that is no cheating or something that only weak people do, everything is O.K. in the battlefield, except for that which you would not do.

I kind of wished the cake Mai bought was the one Pierre had to go make, it would have been a great joke to end the episode, but i guess there would have been some logic problems with that resolution.

Kaito respects Gaim because they stand and defend their philosophy. yet he still call them cowards because he doesn't understand why someone would not show their powers to obtain what they want. again. he is calling them cowards, not weak, because he knows they are powerful, which makes their pacifism all the more...disgusting(i don't have any other word for it) to him.

As i said, Oren believes power is to be shown, but he also believes that only the best should show it. That's why he gave Kaito his seed back, he sees that kaito deserves the honor of showing his strenght. He is searching for those who can beocme the best so thr true beauty of combat can be shown. It would be interesting to see Baron and Zangetsu fighting.

DJ as one of the bad guys makes sense. and revealing it here was a good move. we are familiar with the character, and at this point the viewer probably sees him the same way the characters in the show do. yet it is not too later in the show, at which point we would have suspected the truth, or just got tired of his presene.
THis also explains other things. THe inves games can become dangerous, yet people doesn't seem to realize it until the inves become wild, this may be because of his own manipulation of information.

For what i have seen of Zangetsu, i think he is a "protector", just like Kouta. His interactions with micchi implies that he does care for him and that he wants the best for Micchi, as in "protecting" his brothers future. He is also the one against Baron and we saw him fighting Inves while employers collected seeds. We don't know his motivation, but his actions tell me that he sees "protecting" their objectives as a priority(i am probably just talking nonsense, though)
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

takenoko wrote:I kind of wish the Melon power armor wasn't a thing. Like Wizard fighting in Underworld or Den-O fighting giant monsters, these battles just feel kind of tacked on.
I definitely agree with you on the giant monsters part. However, I think it's handled exceedingly well in Gaim, though. For one, Suika Arms goes along with the theme exceedingly well and it's just another suit of armor that happens to be big due to the fruit. The giant monsters are also explained well by having them appear when Inverse consume Lock Seeds and aren't as random or forced as those in Den-O or Wizard.

At this point in time, my only fear and misgiving about Suika Arms is that it won't be used often because of a silly reason like budgeting constrains. If they give us a good in-universe reason as to why it won't be used that often, I would give them a standing ovation with regard to its execution.

TL Note for preview:

Spoiler
It's "Fight of Hammer", confirmed with the release of the toy.
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Relating to the CM: Oh man I am so looking forward to that MV.

Relating to the Show: Well guess we can't have Mister Dangerous be the first death in the series... Though it is weird every time I see someone refer to an audience as bloodthirsty, and seconds later the crowd cheers the person who basically insulted them :V. "Ah! I need to cook the pie crusts!" "Oi :| "... I think I can stand the DJ more now that I know that he's working for the clearly evil seeming organization that rules the town, even though I shouldn't have been as surprised as I was since they already established that they run basically everything.

Spoiler
... Mango ram horns...
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Actar wrote:TL Note for preview:
Yup. We'll get it right next week. Thanks to everyone who mentioned it.

I kind of wish we had more toy collectors on the staff. I mean, I guess we have some figure collectors, but not anyone who's into the weapons and belt stuff that makes the sound effects.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

My objection to Suika Arms and the giant Inves' is that they're just plain ugly.

Kind of wish Pierre got to exit the episode on a more dignified note. As far as I'm concerned he's already been de-fanged as an arc villain just from that.
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

Well the intro seems to suggest that he's not a major player in the events of the story. I'm guessing Kouta will end up getting his job at Charmant and then Bravo/Mr. Dangerous will fade gradually into the background after possibly teaching Kouta how to fight better. If we go by the opening, most of the focus will be on Kouta, Kaito, Micchi, and Micchi's older brother.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”