Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gaim 09 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Gaim_09

Kouta and Mai heard Bandou cry out, but not the giant car crash that preceded it?

Have to admit, haven't cared much about the kaijin in this series. Aside from Seiryuu, the designs haven't been appealing to me. But it is kind of cool to see them try to figure out the psychology of this new menace to their town.

Got to love Micchi's brains compared to Kouta's hotheadedness.

The exchange between Takatora and Micchi was also pretty good. It's interesting to see a cold character like Takatora showing weak spots for his little brother. Especially since Cid straight out said "It was probably your little brother" in the last episode.

I love Bandou's apathetic waitress. She's like the best background character. We need more scenes with her.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Gaim 09 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Kouta, stop being Gaim in front of other people without an Inves nearby. I'm surprised that none of the other members try to remove the distractions from their trap. Thank god Kouta has Micchi or he would have no chance of defeating the Inves.

So Takatora calls the Tears "Cracks"? So him and his boys have been cleaning up for some time now.

I like how Gaim uses the old Orange Arms to attack the enemy with before donning Ichigo Arms.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

It's nice to see them make use of something that we see everyday, like the smart phone location tracker, to track monsters

They troll us again with the idea that the forest fruits are temping to eat. So what happens when people do eat them?

Spoiler
I really have a feeling that the worker at the beginning ate the fruit and turned into the Inves that Kouta and Micchi just killed
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

At the very least, something happened to that guy.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

That sound that played when they showed Zangetsu was the same sound the Deneb Buster when it went into exceed charge. I hope they haven't been lazy and reuse the sound for his transformation.
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

LOL Kouta still didn't know the proper time to use the belt...
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

this episode was interesting. I still love how we're not doing the "monster of the fortnight" thing. we get something new every episode.

1) Gaim
2) Pine arms
3) Baron
4) Ryugen
5) Nuts and Ichigo, the makings of a parfait
6) Bravo
7) suika
8) mango
9) more forest info.

also, has anyone else noticed that Zangetsu's non-armor parts look like a white version of gaim's non-armor parts?

-snip-

also looking forward to next week, and
Spoiler
kiwi
Last edited by Lunagel on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: That's not even in the preview, don't spoil
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

takenoko wrote:I love Bandou's apathetic waitress. She's like the best background character. We need more scenes with her.
I think of Ikura that helps Kozukozu in Akiba S1 when I see her in this episode. Both have something interesting to watch despite being restricted to the background only.

I'm sorry Kouta for thinking you are Shunpei. Your comedic moments in this episode alone topped every 'comedic' moments Shunpei has tried for the entire Wizard series. And seeing Sano Gaku performing most of the stunts seems good enough.

How the hell Seiji Takaiwa fits in the bin? The Orange Arms is broad, so I guess he doesn't wear them when filming that scene, but still for a veteran to try to fit in a trash bin......it's kinda painful, is it?
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Hmmm... I'm wondering why Kouta or Micchi didn't try to recruit Bravo in their scheme to protect people against the Invess. Granted Kouta and Pierre have very different philosophies but that didn't stop him from asking Kaito or the Nuts and Bravo is something of an outsider to the Beat Riders and less likely to reject them out of rivalry.

Okay Kouta probably wouldn't bring the topic up even if the idea did occur to him, just to avoid Pierre, but I'm surprised Micchi didn't bring it up.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:also, has anyone else noticed that Zangetsu's non-armor parts look like a white version of gaim's non-armor parts?
What's a non-armor part?
Last edited by Dengar on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joicerojo
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Haruto Sohma
Favorite Actor?: Satoh Takeru
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Neither the devil nor the grim reaper, just an assassin (Aya- Weiss Kreuz)

Post by Joicerojo »

Knight of L-sama wrote:Hmmm... I'm wondering why Kouta or Micchi didn't try to recruit Bravo in their scheme to protect people against the Invess. Granted Kouta and Pierre have very different philosophies but that didn't stop him from asking Kaito or the Nuts and Bravo is something of an outsider to the Beat Riders and less likely to reject them out of rivalry.

Okay Kouta probably wouldn't bring the topic up even if the idea did occur to him, just to avoid Pierre, but I'm surprised Micchi didn't bring it up.
To me is kinda obvious why Kouta didn't ask Bravo, to him the beat riders are a kind of fellowship whereas Bravo is not a beat rider, plus Kouta dislikes Bravo so much because he´s only interested in putting a good show and fight against other riders.

Micchi is clever, so he might picked up that Pierre/Bravo has no idea how to deal with inves, do you remember how Bravo released all those lock and did nothing to fight the inves and the giant one that ate the other lockseeds? even though Bravo was strong he didn't know how to fight an inves
Joice Rojo
I've become addicted to Kamen Rider & Takaiwa Seiji
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

They already said they wanted to try solve it by themselves, and convincing Bravo to the cause might just make it worse. Imagine him calling a crowd to watch his show, only to have them all eating those fruits. Of course, Kouta might just hate him (Speaking of which, what about his part-time job? Is it going to be a running joke?).

Rather impressive how Micchi was able to refrain even the slightest temptation to eat the fruit. Though his exchange with his brother sure made him boil inside.
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

Dengar wrote:What's a non-armor part?
The base/undersuit. And yes, Zangetsu's and Gaim's are pretty similar save for the helmet and some markings.

From what I have observed, the undersuit designs are shared by the riders, save the different colors, and are determined by the stand-by sound that the driver makes. Japanese -> Samurai, Fanfare -> Knight, etc...
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Phoenix512 wrote: I like how Gaim uses the old Orange Arms to attack the enemy with before donning Ichigo Arms.
Yeah that was pretty cool.

And speaking of how Kouta fights. I like how his actions still seem like he's still learning how to fight. It's pretty interesting seeing how he's getting slightly better.
It's cool cause compared to Haruto, who seemed to already have a mastery of his power, never got to improve in his fights. He only got new things to mess around with.
Kouta's gonna get new forms/weapons and continue to grow. Pretty cool. Still love Haru though.
Last edited by Revorse on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, apparently in the toy there's 3 holes. Japanese/Chinese/Western. So sadly, it sounds like anything that does something different won't be supported by the toy.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”