Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Re: KR Gaim 10 released

Post by AxemYellow »

This was a good episode, even if it was just setup.

Though I wish they'd show more of the supporting dancers. Zack and Peco haven't shown up in a while.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

a set up episode, but that does not make it a bad episode. it does it's job so next episode has enough time to show the rider's battle in the forest. it also make sure we remembered who this guys are (probably in case you missed episodes). it is a small thing, but giving the audience a minute to get used to the other three riders return helps a lot to make the viewer give a damn about the next episode.

"Yggdrassil does not rule this city", of course not, it just bassically controls the entire economic of this city...

Have to admit, Takatora's henshin may be my favorite in the series.

Wonder if we are going to get some christmas related symbolism.

i am starting to love DJ. did cid tell him about the contest? or was he like "you think you can hide this from me? i am DJ! i see all and know all!"
Dengar wrote:
takenoko wrote:???

Like Kouta, they're standing around holding signs as part-time jobs. They certainly aren't doing it for fun.
Yeah but does that really afford those lock seeds? They seem expensive.
a high class lock seed? no, they can't afford it. a lower class lock seed like theirs? they may be considerably cheaper.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

AxemYellow wrote:This was a good episode, even if it was just setup.

Though I wish they'd show more of the supporting dancers. Zack and Peco haven't shown up in a while.
Weren't they in the beginning of Last episode.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
DarkraiOfDoom
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: TensouSentaiGoseiger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
My boom: Pie
Quote: What is game night?
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkraiOfDoom »

"wow! zangatsu's henshin is si- hold on
wait... was that...
he's one of the 4 main riders, and his belt is reduced to just spouting out the same sounds as gaim's? really? either he's not going to be henshining on screen very often, or that "project" he volunteered for is an extremely early upgrade that'll replace his sengoku driver or something."

that's basically all i've got. cool episode as always.
List of KR/SS shows I've watched:

KR: All heisei era series bar Hibiki.

SS: Dekaranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyouryuuger and Akibaranger (unofficially).

Currently watching: KR Gaim and Tokkuger.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The sounds are different, but there's some basic sounds that are shared among Riders who are from the same style. Since Kurokage, Gaim, and Zangetsu are all Japanese style, their sounds are going to be similar. Baron and Guridon both say Come On since they're both Western style. And Micchi is Chinese style, while Bravo has his own thing going on.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Did anyone else notice in the opening sequence another certain white rider with a headband showing 753 on it? Makes me laugh when I think about it.

A nice little episode. A secret game can never be a secret in a world with massively loud dj on the internetz.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

I get that this is a setup episode, but 3 things annoyed me here. First of all, we still don't have a "ekhem" clear henshin of Guridon and Kurokage, because once again, they did it together. Second is kiwi, it wasn't shown as cool as other new arms were, like for example mango. Also, the weapons are too big for him, i mean they're friggink gigantic! Should be half the size, at least, then they could be easier to use. Also, first henshin of Zangetsu, and it wasn't clear becos of the music. I realyy wish that they would start muting or turnign dawn volume of music, while they do a transformation, especially for the first time, we're in era when heisnhin is pretty loud, with lots of noises.

Beside that, the epsiode was realyy great, once again Micchi is showing that he's a smart guy, also Bravo is going to the forest as well \o/ (still wish they would make more motorcycles >.>). I assume that nut bros with Baron, will get they butts handed to them by Zangetsu, and then Bravo will come to save the day. That match would be interesting, becos of what they rider form represent. Zangetsu symbolize defence, with his mango and shield, while Bravo is offence, becos of all those spikes. But there is a thing of Takatora(batta) abilities, but as i don't want to, Zangetsu could win that battle, becos of Shield and his knowledge of mysterious forest.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Zangetsu symbolize defence, with his mango and shield
...mango?

That was a very enjoyable episode. Let's name some of the things I like about it...

The Beat Riders know some moves and put them to good use. If dancers are gonna fight they might as well break a move or two.

Oren is back and he's FABULOUS as always.

Kiwi Arms. Neat look but seems a bit clunky. What does "Geki Rin Seiya Ha" mean?

Suika Punch!

Zangetsu henshin! Not that impressive, but cool nonetheless.

Them Inves EVERYWHERE.

btw this ep is released kinda late. TVN had some problem?
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

squashy wrote:
Zangetsu symbolize defence, with his mango and shield
...mango?

Damn, i meant melon.....(posting at night, same amount of letters, first one is the same.....).

Action with Suika was neat, still it would be neat if Micchi were to use it also, but it does have a theme of Gaim, rather than Rugen, but now that it's been used, it can't be use against Zangetsu (still i think he would defeat it).
Joicerojo
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Haruto Sohma
Favorite Actor?: Satoh Takeru
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Neither the devil nor the grim reaper, just an assassin (Aya- Weiss Kreuz)
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Joicerojo »

Weather wrote:I get that this is a setup episode, but 3 things annoyed me here. First of all, we still don't have a "ekhem" clear henshin of Guridon and Kurokage, because once again, they did it together. Second is kiwi, it wasn't shown as cool as other new arms were, like for example mango. Also, the weapons are too big for him, i mean they're friggink gigantic! Should be half the size, at least, then they could be easier to use. Also, first henshin of Zangetsu, and it wasn't clear becos of the music. I realyy wish that they would start muting or turnign dawn volume of music, while they do a transformation, especially for the first time, we're in era when heisnhin is pretty loud, with lots of noises.
I agree we 've had all henshin in this episode and Zangetsu's was eclipsed by the other and I expected more from Kiwi...
Weather wrote:Beside that, the epsiode was realyy great, once again Micchi is showing that he's a smart guy, also Bravo is going to the forest as well \o/ (still wish they would make more motorcycles >.>). I assume that nut bros with Baron, will get they butts handed to them by Zangetsu, and then Bravo will come to save the day. That match would be interesting, becos of what they rider form represent. Zangetsu symbolize defence, with his mango and shield, while Bravo is offence, becos of all those spikes. But there is a thing of Takatora(batta) abilities, but as i don't want to, Zangetsu could win that battle, becos of Shield and his knowledge of mysterious forest.
For what I understood of the preview... it seems that the beat riders are going to get creamed by the inves and Zangetsu is going to left them alone (Not saving them, they are "disposable guinea pigs" or something like that). As for a tentative fight between Zangetsu and Bravo, I guess it's Zangetsu the winner (I think that cleverness can beat sometimes military strategy)

I didn't like the idea of Bravo butting in, but at the same time I get the feeling that he will be come some kind of coach or mentor for the armored riders, otherwise he wouldn't have started the fighting the inves that appeared on the street (BTW, do you think that the inves appeared over there because of the gathering of lockseeds held by the beat riders? ~ just an impression~)

Nop, Gaim is still an average series to me... maybe I should say that I don't like Urobotchi's style...
Joice Rojo
I've become addicted to Kamen Rider & Takaiwa Seiji
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Just when you think Gaim gets interesting. The writers make it even more interesting by throwing more stuff into it. My Gawd. I'm definitely liking this series.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

The thing I like about Takatora so far is he's in no way depicted as evil or cruel. He's a dude who has a job and a responsibility. Nothing we've seen paints him specifically as villainous.

Cid and our erstwhile DJ, on the other hand...
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

dancercotillion wrote:The thing I like about Takatora so far is he's in no way depicted as evil or cruel. He's a dude who has a job and a responsibility. Nothing we've seen paints him specifically as villainous.

Cid and our erstwhile DJ, on the other hand...
Except for trying to kill Kouta.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

But he did not try to kill Kouta for evil or villainous reasons. It's just, his duty to kill him. One can kill another without any feeling of malice towards them, especially when you believe that it is your task to do so.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Kouta was in Helheim Forest, where he presumably has no business being. So it's not evil, he was just doing his job, as you can see in this episode; he gets an alert that tons of Riders are showing up in the Forest, so he busts ass over to the tear to investigate.

They keep on about Helheim "choosing" someone. If Zangetsu is the only Rider in the Forest, his chances of getting chosen are much higher.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”