Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: KR Gaim 10 released

Post by Dengar »

Oh maybe the choosing can't happen unless many armored riders are present.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Yeah, true enough. We have no idea what the Choosing means right now, which is interesting and nice. Lesser writers would have blown their load already by having the Yggdrasil dudes explaining to one another what it means, all things which they should already know. Maybe Takatora will turn out to be really evil, but I think he's probably going to be a Good Guy, because he seems a fairly honourable (if sheltered) guy who does his duty and isn't malicious about it. If he were evil, he'd've hounded Kouta in the forest that day, but he just bloodied the guy's nose to say "get the hell out of here."

I suspect Yggdrasil will turn out to be ridiculously evil, of course, and he'll probably go along with it for a while (because he's an honourable guy) until they ask him to, like, murder Mitsuzane or something.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

I don't think of Takatora in terms of good or evil. However, he does represent Yggdrasil in this battle royale. Remember, he does view himself as being above 'commoners'. A term no one in this day and age even uses anymore.
The Virginian
Go Go!

Post by The Virginian »

Dengar wrote:I don't think of Takatora in terms of good or evil. However, he does represent Yggdrasil in this battle royale. Remember, he does view himself as being above 'commoners'. A term no one in this day and age even uses anymore.
I have heard it. The usage was equal to the n-word.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

That's putting it a bit harshly, I don't think it's nearly that bad.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

The Virginian wrote:
Dengar wrote:I don't think of Takatora in terms of good or evil. However, he does represent Yggdrasil in this battle royale. Remember, he does view himself as being above 'commoners'. A term no one in this day and age even uses anymore.
I have heard it. The usage was equal to the n-word.
o_O. Oh my!
That's a bit extreme. I'd much rather prefer commoner than "the N-word"
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Some laws break you.

Tonight on FoxNews, we debate which is more offensive. "Commoner" or "the N-Word".
"I would say it's pretty clear which is more offensive, Jim, since we're censoring one and not the other."

Come on, "commoner" as offensive as an actual slur? Where the hell do you live, medieval England? Hath the Duke of Cambridge instructed you to lick the spittle from his boots, like a dog but somehow still lower than such beasts?

By the way, you owe me a new pair of pants. I pissed the old ones laughing at your hyperbole, Virginian.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

don't say it.. onore N-word
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Personally, i don't see how "commoner" can be worse than calling someone "Naru Narusegawa" (okay, i tried hard to find a character who i hated from a...midly known series and whose name started with "N", so please tell me someone got the joke)
Anyway, i believe "Commoner" is more "i am better than you because of status" than what the N-word means. if someone calls you a commoner, it's probable they just believe they are better than you. if someone uses the n-word, it means they think very poorly of you (to put it simple)
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

They both sound about the same to me. Derogatory terms for something you consider less than human.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Dengar wrote:They both sound about the same to me. Derogatory terms for something you consider less than human.
Isn't commoner still human? Like, common, run-of-the-mill nobody, but still human. If I'm a CEO of a major corporation, I think I'm entitled to call salarymen "commoners" without sounding like a jerk.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Some laws break you.

Yeah, commoners are still human, they're just lower than you. It's not an inherently derogatory term, tbh. Commoners are just the common people, the 99% as it were. Obviously, it can be used as an insult, but it's just a description in and of itself.

But that other word we're all petrified to say, despite it being impossible to have a mature discussion of a word without ever using it...
The Virginian
Go Go!

Post by The Virginian »

dancercotillion wrote:By the way, you owe me a new pair of pants. I pissed the old ones laughing at your hyperbole, Virginian.
Since you didn't specify what kind of pants. I sent you a pair of pants made from a burlap sack. Hope you enjoy. :twisted:
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

dancercotillion wrote:Yeah, commoners are still human, they're just lower than you. It's not an inherently derogatory term, tbh. Commoners are just the common people, the 99% as it were.
Of course commoners are human, but the people who actually USE the term certainly wouldn't think so.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Silence, commoner!

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”