Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: Gaim "Second Rider"

Post by Dengar »

dancercotillion wrote:Ren is simply our other, equally important Protagonist.
So... Deuteragonist?
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by MissTokuLover »

I always thought that the 'secondary rider' is simply the second main rider that's after the main rider, regardless of whether they have different driver or not...but now that you guys mention it, many of the secondary riders did have different drivers to the main riders...although some of them still used similar/same concept; Fourze & Meteor both uses switches, Wizard & Beast both uses magic etc.

I think in Gaim, disregarding the difference in drivers, the 'secondary rider' would be Baron, since he is the second main character after the protagonist Kouta. but if we were to consider the 'secondary rider' being the first with a different driver, then it would be Zangetsu, so it just depends on which perspective you look at it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

As has been said before, Gaim is difficult to characterise because both Baron and Ryugen get equal focus. It's not like Ryuki where both he and Knight were in the forefront, and then you had guys like Kitoka and Asakura that were sort of important, but not really.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by MissTokuLover »

I'm not really sure about Kaito and Micchy getting equal focus, but based on character/rider chronology at least, Kaito/Baron ranks slightly higher than Ryugen/Micchy, hence Baron is the secondary rider if based on chronology.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Some seasons have a secondary rider who is antagonistic or a more clear 'rival' to the Main Rider, that's Baron.

Some seasons have the secondary rider who is a secondary protagonist on the same 'side' as the Main Rider, that's Ryuugen.

Some seasons have a secondary rider who is set up to be an actual full-on antagonist, that's Zangetsu.

Gaim doesn't have a single ~secondary Rider~, it's just full of 'secondary' Riders.
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

butyoumight wrote:Some seasons have a secondary rider who is antagonistic or a more clear 'rival' to the Main Rider, that's Baron.

Some seasons have the secondary rider who is a secondary protagonist on the same 'side' as the Main Rider, that's Ryuugen.

Some seasons have a secondary rider who is set up to be an actual full-on antagonist, that's Zangetsu.

Gaim doesn't have a single ~secondary Rider~, it's just full of 'secondary' Riders.
and it's not like those roles are necessarily set in stone for the other riders. Baron and Kouta have been working together lately, while Ryugen is doing his own thing. Zangetsu is still the antagonist, at least for now.
8lackz
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Quote: Make your Own Hissatsu

"DENSHA-GIRI!"

Post by 8lackz »

Weather wrote:
Revorse wrote:But does that make Zangetsu the Secondary Rider?
I figured it was Baron.
But what makes a secondary Rider anyhow? (when it comes to series with more than 2 Riders.)
Catastrophe wrote:12 is out now. Genesis seems to be the new driver flavor. Glorious soda riders are number 2.
*eye twitches*.........Ugh, alright, one more time...Unless no one is reading my posts........ Now as to "what defise a second rider", when i say "second rider" i don't mean the rider that appeared after the first one, i refer to a kamen rider, who's driver works in a different matter than the first rider, or the other riders. Reason why Gills driver didn't have such options like Agito belt, was becos it was first time they introduced a "secondary rider" in the series, so that's why it was limited, they didn't know if people will like the idea, they did but it became a sort of tradition, that secondary rider belt, isn't as advanced as the main one, hence why birth driver and beast driver don't have scanning mechanism, and meteor driver only have 1 slot for switch. And just to be sure, i'll put it in another way, here's an example. Let's look at Kiva series, Kiva is obviously first rider, so his design and driver is the main one, Kaixa is secondary rider in the series, and his belt while alike, works in a different way. Now from the movie, we have kamen rider Rey and Arc, they are third and fourth riders, but they both use bat's in their belt's, that hangs upside down, and have same detail's like Kiva in costumes. So they uses the "main mechanics" while Ixa uses "secondary mechanics." Baron was second rider, Ryugen third, but they still use "main mechanism". So they topic of that thread is, if we will see a rider, that have secondary mechanism. And no, genesis, while being a different style than the rest, is still an upgrade, like infinity ring, cosmic switch, etc. It still utilize the main mechanism, putting lock seed in it, opening it up, giant fruit goes on your head, it open's up into armor.

I hope that cleared some things, for some people.

Somehow... i Got his meaning...

let's Review from what KR that i've already watched.

Blade
Blade, Garren, Leangle = 1st type (Weapon attached Card Reader)
Wild (i forgot the Pink one) = 2nd type (Joker / Belt Attached Card Reader)

Faiz, Delta = 1st type (need to be an orphenoch 1st)
Kaixa = 2nd type (barely safe to be use by human)

Den-O
Den-O, Skullo, all gekijyoban = 1st type (possessed by imajin)
Zeronos, new Den-o = 2nd type (control the Imajin)

Kiva
Kiva, sagarc, yami Kiva = 1st type (Darkness based)
Ixa = 2nd type (Holy Based)

Decade
Decade = 1st type (Shapeshifter)
Diend = 2nd type (Summoner)
*rather blur because Decade can summon in final Form.

W
W, Skullo, All the General = Earth elemental Memory (1st)
Accel = technology Elemental Memory (2nd)

OOO
OOO = 1st (Core based)
birth = 2nd (Cell based)

Fourze
Fourze = 1st (space utility : Drill, rocket, brush, tap, fire extuingisher, etc.)
meteor = 2nd (The planets)

Wizard
Wizard, Mage = 1st (Inner Phantom/ Come from inside)
Beast = 2nd (Outer Phantom)

Then we have Gaim
Gaim and all other have many element that can spawn some Speculation

Either:
1st scenario: 1st type is fruit so the 2nd type will be non Fruit
2nd scenario: 1st type is reliant to Lock Seed, maybe 2nd type will not
3rd scenario: 1st type is made by The Sengoku / Ygdrassil, maybe the 2nd type is made by Rival company..

and so on, so on, so on.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i am going to say, because this is no spoiler since the episode already aired. THe belts Ryouma showed designs of to Kouta and Kaito? one is going to be kouta's and the other is going to be for the second rider. whoever gets that belt is the second rider...unless they pull an Ixa and everyone and his grandmother can use the second belt...
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Maybe one day the rival company of Ygdrassil create Vegetable Fruit type of lockseeds
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

8lackz wrote:Somehow... i Got his meaning...

let's Review from what KR that i've already watched.

Blade
Blade, Garren, Leangle = 1st type (Weapon attached Card Reader)
Wild (i forgot the Pink one) = 2nd type (Joker / Belt Attached Card Reader)
You mean Chalice
8lackz wrote:Faiz, Delta = 1st type (need to be an orphenoch 1st)
Kaixa = 2nd type (barely safe to be use by human)
It's actually Faiz and Kaixa Gear that required the user to be an Orphenoch (or genetically modified like Kusaka).
Delte Gear on the other hand could be used by anyone.
8lackz wrote:Den-O
Den-O, Skullo, all gekijyoban = 1st type (possessed by imajin)
Zeronos, new Den-o = 2nd type (control the Imajin)
New Den-O actually uses an upgraded version of the regular Den-O belt. Only Zeronos had a slightly different one. Also, Zeronos Vega Form and New Den-O Vega Form???
8lackz wrote:Kiva
Kiva, sagarc, yami Kiva = 1st type (Darkness based)
Ixa = 2nd type (Holy Based)
Saga actually uses quite a different type of driver.
8lackz wrote:Decade
Decade = 1st type (Shapeshifter)
Diend = 2nd type (Summoner)
*rather blur because Decade can summon in final Form.
Decade Complete isn't really a summoning thing though. Plus other than the fact that one is a belt and the other a gun, the DecaDriver and DienDriver work identical.
Glutinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Dream team : GokaiYellow (Luka), DekaGreen (Sen-Chan), ShinkenBlue (Ryunosuke), BoukenPink (Sakura). Red is vacant :)

Post by Glutinus »

Well... We already have

Spoiler
a plainful of "second" riders in episode 15 !!

Fav Sentai 1st : Gokai, Deka, Bouken, Go-Busters, Kyuu, Shinken, Gosei, Gao.
Fav KR 1st : OOO, W, Kiva, Gaim, Drive, Fourze, Den-O20*, Wizard, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Fav Garo 1st : Yami, Senki, Hana, Garo, Zero
* currently watching.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

There doesn't seem to be a standard for "second rider". The notion of it probably came from many recent series only having two riders, with one of them showing up a bit later (usually around 1/3 into the series similar to the "Sixth ranger" in sentai) However, for series with multiple riders, the #2 rider isn't always obvious and is up to individual perspective.

For reference I'll list who I consider to be the #2 riders from various KR series with more than 2 riders total. In most cases it seems to be the 2nd most important rider, but not always.

Agito: G3/G3-X
Ryuki: Knight
555: Kaixa
Blade: Garren
Hibiki: Ibuki
Kabuto: Gatack
Kiva: Ixa (Nago)
Decade: Diend
Gaim: Baron

When I think about it, Chalice and Sasword could easily be consider the #2 in their respective series if you wanted.

Also Zangetsu-Shin could easily be considered a "Second Rider" in Gaim (along with the other Genesis riders).

Gaim acually seems a lot like Ryuki or Kabuto where they just keep introducing more and more riders as the show goes on. At ths rate we'll have around 25 by the time they're done lol.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

I agree with most of that list. Except I think Chalice was Blade's secondary rider. Since he's more of a foil to Blade than Garren ever was.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

I dunno about Sasword. Sure when he first came he sorta had beef with Tendou but somewhere along the line Ka-GAMI! became his best friend and his story shifted to his adventure with Kagami and that lady...can't recall her name right now.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Does it really matter who's the second Rider? Of course not. Also if you really need to know, I suggest wait until the end to figure this question out.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”