Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gaim 12 released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Gaim_12

Alternate title: Friendship is Disappointment

Are we really only 12 episodes into the series? Dang, it's not even 13/the quarter point yet and they're still introducing new stuff.

Funny moment: Micchi scolds Kouta for talking too loudly about Yggdrasill, then promptly gets in a shouting match with him in an area that's not sound proof.

Team Baron is amazing. They devastate Hase, then promptly get on stage and do a victory dance. I always wondered why Jounouchi was friends with Hase. I guess it was so Jounouchi would have an opportunity to let Hase down, true to his character.

Also, excellent use of imagery. Anyone else notice the Team Raid Wild sign turns black when Kaito enters the scene?

Oh Micchi. Saying that you'll use any means necessary. Your descent into darkness is so delicious!

Wow, that was a really good use of silence there between Micchi and Kouta.

Also, anyone think the mention of a sacred tree in this series is more than coincidence? And Mai's a miko? This is a pretty good blend of supernatural and technology explanations for the ongoing stuff in this series. Kind of reminds me of Key the Metal Idol.

I don't remember if I touch on this, but the Yggdrasill's name for the Beat Riders is literally Marmot in English. Obviously we translate it into Guinea Pig for the English dual meaning of "test subject". I just kind of wish it were guinea pig in the original Japanese too, since that's what it seems like they were going for.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Gaim 12 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I sense Micchi will steal Kouta's belt at some point. Also I don't think Micchi is being completely honest with Kouta about laying low. I think he's trying to avoid Takatora as much as possible at this point.

Mai doesn't act like a tsundare with Kaito compared with Kouta. With her being a miko, she must be a descendant of the mysterious girl.

Poor Hase. First he can't henshin anymore. There's a bunch of clones of him now. He gets massacred by Baron. Jounouchi admits he was using him this entire time. As the ultimate icing of the cake, his team abandons him. Not a good day for him.

Jounouchi trying to use Bravo maybe the other way around.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them

Post by takenoko »

Hase, would you go to Hell with me?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I guess there should be mentioned of Zangetsu Shin. So the most skillful Rider gets an upgrade that makes him even stronger. It's a shame that regular Zangetsu won't be seen again especially with so few appearances. I don't like the Sonic Arrow for the reason it should be bigger. It looks so small in Zangetsu Shin that it's almost a DX toy.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them

Post by takenoko »

I guess I should comment on it too. Zangetsu Shin basically means "True Zangetsu". His armor is designed after Japanese archers, which have an asymmetrical style to them. And this is an obvious statement, but anyone with a ranged weapon back in the medieval times would have an overwhelming advantage over an opponent with a melee weapon.

It's good that we have a Darth Vader character in this series. He's a genuine threat, but maybe he might have a more human side. The presence of this menace is affecting all the characters in an interesting way. (Surprised that we haven't seen Baron remark about it though. You'd think he of all people would take a serious threat like Zangetsu or Bravo with more thought than just focusing on crushing Hase)
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

I have no idea how to feel about this show every time I watch a new episode.

I have a lot of stupid feelings about Hase-chan so after this episode I am SO SAD for him.
Spoiler
And scared by what the preview suggests! Please don't leave us, Hase-chan!

I got a big laugh out of the scene with Jounouchi and Ouren though. Which I really needed, considering how many heavy hits this episode brings in other plot areas.

And, while I haven't been participating in these threads much, I just have to give me big props to Sengoku Ryouma, because who KNOWS what game he's playing anymore, but I don't think he sees Takatora as any more or less than any of the other people who used the first run of Sengoku Drivers.

If I had to pick one person who was giving off the most foreshadowing-towards-being-a-serious-villain vibes right now, Ryouma would be it. And I am TOTALLY OKAY WITH THAT.
(Surprised that we haven't seen Baron remark about it though. You'd think he of all people would take a serious threat like Zangetsu or Bravo with more thought than just focusing on crushing Hase)
Actually, this didn't surprise me at all. There was the bit in the previous episode where Kaito mentioned "creating distance" between those at the top and those who aren't even worthy of that much (though at the time he was talking about Gaim and Baron being tied in the rankings). But I could see him eliminating the weakest just to make sure they won't bother to rally and rise and cause him to split his attention when he starts really focusing on the true dangers, especially after what happened the first time the Nuts henshined.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

And as was promised in the ending of last episode, the plot shifts into a new gear as the stakes become higher. Signs of a schism between Kouta and Micchi are starting to show, and the one guy who has yet to be defeated ever, has just obtained a new power. I mean what?

So upgrade forms are energy soda?
Kamen_Winter

Post by Kamen_Winter »

I keep getting surprised by Gaim each week, and i love how even though Kouta knows the threat of Yggdrasill he will put everything on the line to protect innocents. I'm loving the Genesis Driver, nice to see Sieg back in work voicing the Genesis driver yet i don't get the 'Soda' Line just yet but it might grow on me
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by CeronosLive »

...I really wish Ginga took lessons on how to recap the series from Gaim.

...But this was a pretty great episode. I mean one of the riders falling hard from grace, foot soldiers starting to pop up, inves and cracks starting to get out of control, hell even Zangetsu gets an upgrade, and he hasn't been defeated yet!

This seems like the kind of stuff you'd see after the main rider gets his last upgrade, but it's just episode 12. If things keep going on like this, this might become my favorite Rider series.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

WoW, so many good things after the break, lets start listing them:

First of all, finally we have orange rider kick, i was scared that it will be like in OOO when they used tatoba finish 2 times (1 one didin't kill, and second was with birth), that one wasn't that spectacular, but it was good enough for me.

Eeeeeeh, no more nut bros, shaaaaame..... Oh well, Oren is hilarious as heck, so it wil be even funnier, seeing him commanding Guridon all the time, as weird as it can be, looking at oren personality.....*sniff, sniff* am i smelling another bath scene?

Well, that was quick but... We already have conflct between Micchi and Kouta, and for good reasons (rather than for a girl, like in this... OTHER SHOW (NC referneces never ends XD)

And finally, the power up, gotta say i wasn't realyy expecting a powered up version of they main fruit. I was thinking, more like a upgrade from they soldier side, like a weapon that woudl make Gaim look like a Shogun or just more armored samurai? Still, it is pretty neatly made, thing with those handles, clearly show's that it's going more into pure mechanical style, handles and soda thing, make's it funny as heck XD. We get clear lockseed with that who else get new opening system, and new voice is just badass. Also Shin Zangetsu looks also badass, still that bow just doesn't look like his personal weapon, more like musou saber, and yeah it is small, but still pretty neat looking. We can expect new toys in ars change series, becos the suit design is a little different, when Takatora(batta) uses genesis driver.

Can't wait for Gaim new form :D.
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

Proverbial roller coaster ride.

About it is how I feel about this episode, with all the tension, surprises, let downs, the works.

It totally sucks that the "nut bros'" aren't together anymore yet at the same time it's no surprise that Junoichi would use Hase. What a weasel! Here's hoping karma will work things out on this one because it totally sucked how it turned out.

Oddly enough I still respect Baron. In the recent episodes he's captured my attention because of his motivations to gain power and strength. Even if his means seem harsh it's his way of showing what he experienced when Yggdrasil came along. Here's hoping Mai will get him to ease up, just a little.

I'm sensing some major conflict with both Kouta, Micchy and Micchy himself. Thing is though, I'm siding with Kouta because it's counter productive to just sit in the sidelines to see how things developed while innocent folks get hurt, or even killed for that matter. Even if they don't know the true secret of the Sengoku Drivers (yet), they're turning things around by doing some good with it; a trait that's obvious in most of the Kamen Rider series if you think about it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like the cool techno sounds that the energy seeds give off. Makes up for the fact that Melon Arms was a recycled Denebick buster.

Also, the new tech is voiced by Shinichiro Miki from the sounds of it. Nice.
Rakura
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: GekiRanger
Dreamy: Kouta. Hands down
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gaim dude, goddamit
Quote: "I´m practicing being nice instead of being right"
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Rakura »

This Kamen Rider Gaim is seriously throwing me off all my tracks. I mean, this series was supposed to be a break from stressful tests and now it's all I can think about.

Goddamit Urobochi.

About the episode, it's wonderful (in the wrong way) to see Kouta and Micchi arguing. You can already see the seed of discord and resent being planted in the relationship between the two. I cannot wait to see them hacking weach other to death with fruit weapons.

AND! Hase-chan. Poor, poor Hase-chan. Your suffering made me go through so much feels, I'm still a sobbing mess right now *tries to recompose himself* *fails* *weeps*.
At the very least there seems to be some character development waiting to happen the next episode. HURAH!

Aaaaaaand Takatora's new cool Henshin Belt is a juice maker. You can almost hear Phillips Walita in the back.
Joking aside, the new form looks wicked cool. Except the bow/sword thing. it looks, as mentioned before, like a DX toy.

Episode was mad cool anyways, I'll comeback when the next ep comes out! *goes into voluntary coma*
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Rakura wrote:Goddamit Urobochi.
The generally approved way to deal with this sensation is to clench one hand (right or left is your choice) into a fist, raise it shake at the sky and scream to the heavens "UROBOCHI!!!"

My general impression of this episode is: Delicious, delicious escalation. Especially Zangetsu getting an upgrade without suffering even a minor defeat. Yikes!

Also, I'm going to lay my money on the table here and now. $10 AUD says that somewhere near the end of the series Mai is going to perform her miko dance.

Though looking back I've got to say a lot happened in this episode yet at no point did it feel rushed.

Also I'm wondering how the costume department is feeling about Gaim since so far they've only made three unique monster costumes by the looks of things (though more rider outfits than normal).
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Catastrophe wrote:I like the cool techno sounds that the energy seeds give off.

When i first watched this episode, i mistook the lockseed sound effect, for a background music, it's that awesome :D. Also, only now i realised that there is a straw, on the left size of the belt...Aaaaand it's going throu the belt and ends up, in that cup..... Also, how is this going to work in toy? Will the cup just glow in specific color? Also, this melon has Zangetsu symbol on it, neato~~ The whole thing, with this going from samurais and knight's, into the mechanical area is interesting, you can ever see pipes on Shin Zangetsu helmet. Also, anybody else is scared of Oren reaction to Shin Zangetsu? Cos he might start moaning like a little anime schoolgirl O.o. And one more thing, now we get why Guridon appeared before show, and Kurokage don't. Still, i don't picture Guridon doing any major job. Also, it was weir dthat Hase lock seed summoned only a regular inves, it's still class B, i was expecting something better, or maybe becos he was low spirit?
Last edited by Weather on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”