Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Gaim 13 released

Post by takenoko »

I think "attack civilians" is a bit harsh too. He knew those guys were chicken and would run away. It was an empty display of power which Bravo used to his advantage.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I, as well, don't think he had any intention of actually harming anyone who'd simply behave and walk away. And if anyone didn't, well what can they really do? A normal person cannot really hurt a rider or an invess. And as long as you are holding the locks, the Invess can't attack unless you want them to.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Dengar wrote:And as long as you are holding the locks, the Invess can't attack unless you want them to.
Good point there. Maybe he just summoned the Inves to have them wave claws around.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Also, i believe he was angry at them for implying that he was the one ruining the town instead of Yggdrassil.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Don't bare your fangs unless you're really going to use them. At least i think so anyway.
but like Take said, it was an empty display.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

hmm, since this is a child's show I feel justified in roughly quoting One Piece here. "If you pull out a gun, you'd better put your life on the line"
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Kogashi wrote:hmm, since this is a child's show I feel justified in roughly quoting One Piece here. "If you pull out a gun, you'd better put your life on the line"
Sounds like something Narumi Sokichi'd say.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Joicerojo
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Haruto Sohma
Favorite Actor?: Satoh Takeru
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Neither the devil nor the grim reaper, just an assassin (Aya- Weiss Kreuz)
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Joicerojo »

narya100 wrote: The Micchi disappointment is going higher and higher. He has the brain to know what to do and what is right, but where is his heart.

Kaito, do you have to be Saito from my favorite anime? Attacking people was out of line, especially with the Inves. Henshin to scare i'll buy cause its in your nature, but never attack civilians to prove your point. Speaking of Banana Arms Riders, holy shit is Banana Gaim not awesome, except that he has no real idea how to use a lance, which can only really be used from horse.
I'm also disappointed on Micchi, I'm guessing he´s going to teh dark side and join Zangetsu.
Kaito = Saito? From Ruroini Kenshin? I couldn't agree more, But Despite all, I still like him. The banana arms on Gaim looks awesome because yellow over blue is a nice contrast compared with red-white.
Knight of L-sama wrote:
Also looking forward to next week and
Spoiler
the new Energy Riders. Especially curious how the female Rider will play out given the franchise's history

Random thought:

Wizard: I will change despair into hope!
Urobotchi: Oh no you won't!
Is there a female rider?

Love your "Random Thought"

Ok, Back to the series, I still don't know what to make of this series, I like it a lot when I think it's for adults or young adults, when I think it's for kids I get the feeling it is not suitable for them.

Loved the alliance between Baron and Gaim, Baron is the secondary Rider, although it was silly of him to fend off the bullying citizens summoning invess and letting Bravo pose as a hero, he feel right for the trap of Yggdrassill to make the Beat Riders the bad guys in front of the citizens, although it is not strange the people reacted that way because the Beat riders did summon invess and then when they were playing tricks onto each other the invess materialize and got out of control (like when Main was hit in the hand with the lockseed), for a normal person it is obvious that the Beat Riders can control and summon inves, people don't see the cracks and any other signs because they were covered up by Yggdrassill.

Poor Hase, I really feel for Him, Now that he's an Inves would be he able to back to normal? I hope so, or maybe he will become some like the mysterious girl? I cannot fathom what would happen since I don't know the style of Urobotchi and I'm guessing it will be darker and the series already deviates from a kid's show.

Edit 1: Thank You very much for subs and karaoke of "just Live More" PV I really do love this song!!!
Joice Rojo
I've become addicted to Kamen Rider & Takaiwa Seiji
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Joicerojo wrote:
Ok, Back to the series, I still don't know what to make of this series, I like it a lot when I think it's for adults or young adults, when I think it's for kids I get the feeling it is not suitable for them.
I sorta know what you mean. The season seems like it'll be more complex than recent series.
I dunno how smart and the behavior of Japanese kids is but based on the kids I know in America I feel like certain aspects of Gaim would go straight over their heads. and I mean like 11 and 12 year olds. Unless I'm just not giving them enough credit, which could be true.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

It is always a good thing to make shows that challenge their viewers to think, specially when they are kids(this does not apply to every show and/or that every show should be like Gaim, i am just saying that it is good that once in a while kids have this kind of show to watch). Even if they don't get some of the subtletly or other things, when they grow up, the quality of the show increases for them instead of not being s good as they remembered.
Personally i feel Gaim is a family show, not only because i think the story can easily appeal to adults, but because some of the things in this show could need an adult to help the children understand some things out of their understanding. (bear in mind, when i call it Family show, i am refering exclusively to Gaim, other kamen rider or super sentais could qualify as a family shows, but in this case i am refering only to Gaim)

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”