ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Re: KR Gaim 14 released

Post by WannaFantaMan »

That episode was FABULOOOOUS!!! O and the ad for the Kamen Rider movie thingy at the end was a nice add-on. Also, is it just me, or does Toei LOVE torturing us with Decade every single year? We had him in the Kamen Rider x Super Sentai movie, then a tiny bit in the sequel to it and the last 2 episodes of My Little Precious (a.k.a. Kamen Rider Wizard xD). Now we have him in this Showa era VS. Heisei era rider movie thingy!!! I kind of wish Toei would give us another season of Decade that has another 31 episode or more then that. Too bad that's probably not gonna happen anytime soon, if at all. I'm gonna go cry now... *goes into a dark corner of The Batcave [A.K.A. the basement of my house] and cries while singing Journey Through the Decade softly to self [idk why I typed that xD]*
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Is it still unexpectedly dark if everyone was expecting it to be unexpectedly dark?
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

Wow. The series really went from Shougeki Gouraigan levels of silly to Kiva levels of dark. It almost feels like they retconned the series after the first few episodes. Still, it's been a huge improvement for me. Definitely excited for the next episode.
Nutcracker23
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Kadoya Tsukasa
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryosei
Favorite Band: JAM Project MUSE
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: I Know Right
Quote: Winning is about everything, in reality there's no such thing call cheating, so winning was take whatever necessary to achieve it, that's include cheating.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Nutcracker23 »

Like I said before... I think everyone also the same knew that our beloved Hase-chan will be killed
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

Nice to see a death so early in the series, very Blade/Ryuki-ish

Speaking of Blade, Category H -> Category Ace anyone? (Thanks for more past Heisei references.)
"I can't kill someone" - Shinji Kido.

What IS the power of Hellheim? Was it Yggdrasil's plan to use the Beat Riders as cover for their treachery? Kouta please find out you killed Yuuya. I want to see you suffer (I'm so mean) I want to see more of Ryouma though. Peach Rider seems to be a Corporation-trained mercenary like Takatora wanted Oren for, based on PV. Looking forward to 15 and the plans for "continued co-operation"….

Well done Urobutchering!
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Poor Hase.

Makes you wonder is it still murder if they're no longer human. On the other hand I remember an episode of Shinkenger (the ep where people got switched with inanimate objects) that mentioned some where along the lines of even if you didn't know you killed someone, it is still murder. Further more other then his buddy could Gaim killed anyone else? Or Barron for that matter.

That aside I found this series very childish and very Sentai-ish. That has changed in one ep. I can't wait to see how this plays out.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Lunagel wrote:Is it still unexpectedly dark if everyone was expecting it to be unexpectedly dark?
Well there's the problem with how people went into this series really. They went in expecting it to be wall to wall just every character introduced die, gore splattered everywhere cause of who was working on it. But then with episodes 2-12, they were given the idea that it was going to be 'disappointingly' light and fluffy, bout people street dancing and fruit and no possible way it could get dark with a theme like that.

And then this episode slapped them awake, hopefully reminding them that for something to be effectively dark there first needs to be the atmosphere of 'it won't turn dark, cause our hero will just hold up and pull through'.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

It's funny, I mean this is not just a single dark episode. This episode succeeded in retroactively turning the entire series so into a darker shade.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

AxemYellow wrote:I was just wondering: Does this series now hold the record for most Riders in a particular KR series?
I have to prefix this by saying that there's a lot of KR shows I've haven't watched anything of yet, but I was curious on this myself so I did a quick count up and I think it might be close to holding the record, yes.

If we're talking about just the actual show itself, Gaim has currently featured 10 or 11 Riders (I say that because I'm not sure whether you'd technically count Zangetsu and Zangetsu Shin as two forms of the same Rider or two separate Rider identities altogether, so I'll allow for both possibilities.) The only other shows that would come close would be Ryuki (10 Riders, not counting the Alternatives) and Hibiki (8 Riders transformed that I remember, not counting Transformed Kyousuke or Transformed Akira who I believe weren't officially regarded as Riders at that point. Also not sure we'd count any who were seen as non-transformed only or the ones that were only glimpsed for a couple of seconds in the opening titles.)

If you throw movies into the mix, however, then Gaim gets one added to its total so far (11 or 12), Ryuki adds three (13) and Hibiki adds five (13.)

We'll ignore Decade... special case! :lol:
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

lol if we counted Decade there simply would be no contest. Decade would have the most riders by very, very, VERY far. (the correct answer to "how many?" would be "all of them")
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Kogashi wrote: And then this episode slapped them awake, hopefully reminding them that for something to be effectively dark there first needs to be the atmosphere of 'it won't turn dark, cause our hero will just hold up and pull through'.
Urobuchi used a similar tactic back on Madoka, showing a colorful and happy world during the first three episodes and suddenly showng us just how messed up is this worl at the end of episode 3.
I will say this about him, he knows how to use darkness and death in an effective way. it is not darkness for darkness sake and deaths rarely are there just for shock value. He knows how to effectively use them to advance the story and make them a logical conclusion to previous events and make them affect future ones.
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

Spoiler
the female rider could be the chick from the cafe? who knows
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

@berry889 Your not the only one who thinks that. If it isn't I'll be surprised.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

locuas wrote:
Knight of L-sama wrote:No, no, no! Given the comparative run length, Hase is Mami. Michi is Sayaka.
Spoiler
which one is alive at the end of the series, Mami or Sayaka?
Spoiler
Only by virtue of a reset button

I was going by the fact Mami's death happened at about a quarter of the way through (episode 3 of a 12 episode series) and Hase's death is just over a quarter of the way through Kamen Rider's 50-ish episodes.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Knight of L-sama wrote:
Spoiler
Only by virtue of a reset button

I was going by the fact Mami's death happened at about a quarter of the way through (episode 3 of a 12 episode series) and Hase's death is just over a quarter of the way through Kamen Rider's 50-ish episodes.
Spoiler
Yet she is alive by the end of the series while Sayaka is in the heaven for dead characters alongside Hase, Mufasa and Abarekiller.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”