Such a fruit
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: KR Gaim 14 released

Post by Kogashi »

... Dude you know that last one is in Hell...

Spoiler
Along with Rio and Mele.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Kogashi wrote:... Dude you know that last one is in Hell...

Spoiler
Along with Rio and Mele.
Spoiler
i would guess by the time of Gokaiger he already has been send to heaven, since they allowed him to give Gai his gokai powers alongside Burai and Timeranger's sixth ranger. if not, then i choose Burai or Jetman's gai xD
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

To those comparing it to Madoka Magica: Hase is more like Sayaka. Gives in to despair, transforms into a monster, gets killed by a fellow Rider.

I don't know why people are comparing him to Mami just because he's the first Rider to die in the show. That's a really shallow comparison, to be honest.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

hell, I made that comparison back in the Gaim 13 episode thread as a joke.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Hase's missing the whole "I will fight for Justice" thing that Sayaka did, though. :V
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Dragg wrote:To those comparing it to Madoka Magica: Hase is more like Sayaka. Gives in to despair, transforms into a monster, gets killed by a fellow Rider.

I don't know why people are comparing him to Mami just because he's the first Rider to die in the show. That's a really shallow comparison, to be honest.
some people might be making that comparison because that's the comparison that Urobuchi made TO THE ACTOR, which he then talked about on his blog afterwards. It was something along the lines of how the death in question (Mami in Madoka, Hase in Gaim) creates the major turning point in the plot.

So, it's not really a shallow comparison, I mean, not if the writer is the one making it.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

From a story-telling perspective, yes, Hase is like Mami in that his death changes the plot completely, maybe even triggers it(if you consider all the previous episodes as a build-up for this moment), and his death is the one that takes away Kouta's innocence from him. Character-wise, he is more like Sayaka in that he is the one who is slowly and unintentionally being lead into becoming a monsters without him even realizing, going to the point of no return when he needs to be mercy killed.

He is a mix of the two.
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:Hase's missing the whole "I will fight for Justice" thing that Sayaka did, though. :V
He never fought to save people, or tried to persuade another person into becoming a Rider using the magical powers of tea time and friendship either.
butyoumight wrote:some people might be making that comparison because that's the comparison that Urobuchi made TO THE ACTOR, which he then talked about on his blog afterwards. It was something along the lines of how the death in question (Mami in Madoka, Hase in Gaim) creates the major turning point in the plot.

So, it's not really a shallow comparison, I mean, not if the writer is the one making it.
Yeah, but if you read some of the posts, most of them are just saying that he's similar to Mami because they both died a quarter into the show. That's what I'm referring to as shallow.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Dragg wrote:Yeah, but if you read some of the posts, most of them are just saying that he's similar to Mami because they both died a quarter into the show. That's what I'm referring to as shallow.
No, it's a reference to their sharing the same place in the narrative structure. Not only do both their deaths mark a significant turning point in the narrative, the fact they come in the same relative point in the narrative framework makes grants both deaths the same impact and significance, both to the audience and their other characters.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

What the fuck are you people even talking about?
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

dancercotillion wrote:What the fuck are you people even talking about?
Comparing Gaim to Madoka.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Okay, I guess I'll go google that word.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

Magi Madoka Magica is an anime written by the same writer as Gaim thus people have to draw comparisons between his works.
Joicerojo
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Haruto Sohma
Favorite Actor?: Satoh Takeru
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Neither the devil nor the grim reaper, just an assassin (Aya- Weiss Kreuz)
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Joicerojo »

After watching 14 I think the death of Hase and Yuuya turned all the series a shade darker, it wasn't surprising per se, but still you don't think they would actually kill Hase in front of the hero, what a slap on the face, maybe that explains the opening when Kouta runs into a wire wall with locks and another Kouta appears leaving away some kind of innocence and naivete left behind...

Even so, Sid doesn't struck me as "evil", at least no more than Bravo when he was fighting...
Last edited by Joicerojo on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joice Rojo
I've become addicted to Kamen Rider & Takaiwa Seiji
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Yay, Uro's work is taking effect! XD We just need some blood to finish the paintjob~

btw that Peach Rider has too much pink D:
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”