KR Gaim 15 released

Such a fruit

Are the various members of Yggdrasill evil?

Yes
17%
No
22%
Not sure
61%

Total votes: 54
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Re: KR Gaim 15 released

Post by locuas »

AxemYellow wrote: So they still consider Yuya to be Gaim's leader after being missing for months? It will be interesting to see how the Beat Riders evolve from here on out.
i think it may be Team Gaim, including Mai, the ones who refuse to chose a new leader. if team gaim came and said "Mai is our new leader", then they would take her seriously, but she may insist on calling herself a temporal leader.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Phoenix512 wrote:That's a strong assumption about someone's orientation from a couple minutes of screentime at best. So Marika hates men but it doesn't make her a lebsian.
Also she obviously doesn't hate men? She works for Ryouma well enough, and even speaks to him in a pretty respectful tone.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote:Those are great legs.
No kidding. I was totally not expecting DJ Sagara to have ripped muscular calves like that. Now that we're seeing him walking around he's pretty densely built - he is probably a pretty strong fighter.
GomenRider
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by GomenRider »

Kamen Rider Ookalf wrote:
demonninja wrote:Defiantly a good episode. Love seeing Sagara being a double agent of sorts.

One thing though. Zimber Lemon? I think it's supposed to be Jinba Lemon seeing as it forms into a Jinbaori for Gaim.
Blame the fashion industry.
lol
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Phoenix512 wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if all the references to Urobochi's tropes is making some of you having an unrealistic view on the show. I don't ever recall people making assumptions about a show based on a writer so much as this guy is. Maybe Inoue but even then not at this scale.
Urobochi's story telling style is... distinctive to say the least. And Madoka Magica left a mark.

Though more telling is some of his own comments on his writing.
Urobochi Gen himself in the afterword of Fate/Zero Volume 1 wrote:Gen Urobuchi wants to write stories that can warm people's hearts.
Those who know about my creative history will probably furrow their brows and think this is a sick joke. Honestly, I have trouble believing it myself. For when I start typing out words on the keyboard, the stories my brain comes up with are always full of madness and despair.
The truth is, I haven't always been this way. I have often written pieces that didn't have a perfect ending, but by the last chapter the protagonist would still possess a belief that "Although there will be many hardships to come, I still have to hold on".
But ever since I don't know when, I can no longer write works like this.
I have nothing but contempt for the thing men call happiness, and have had to push the characters I poured my heart out to create into the abyss of tragedy.
For all things in the world, if they are just left alone and paid no attention, are bound to advance in a negative direction.
No matter what we do, we can't stop the universe from getting colder, either, and on the same principle. This world is only maintained in existence by a series of logical, common-sense processes; it can never escape the bondage of its physical laws.
Therefore, in order to write a perfect ending for a story you must possess the power to break the chain of cause and effect, invert black and white, and act in complete contradiction to the rules of the universe. Only a heavenly and chaste soul, a soul that resounds with genuine praise for humanity, can save the story; to write a story with a happy ending is a double challenge, to the author's body as well as the mind.
At some point, Gen Urobuchi lost that power. He still hasn't recovered. The "tragedy syndrome" is still continuing within me. Is this a terminal disease? Should I give up on the pure "warrior of love" that I have longed for? Or mount a pallid battle steed and reincarnate into a bearer of the plague... could it be that I can only create pieces that give men courage and hope in my next life? (When I wrote this, I accidentally wrote "courage" as "lingering ghosts". I guess that's what I get for using IME — Ah, I just wrote "IME" as "hatred"... is there no way out of this for me?)
Edit: Another point worth mentioning is that Urobochi is visible and high impact writer in other mediums (anime, light novels and visual novels) and as such is bringing a lot of baggage and expectations from other areas into the franchise. (Heck I was of two minds about watching Gaim until I found out that he was going to be head writer for the series). Add to the fact that he's written or co-written every episode so far suggests that he's keeping a tight leash on the plot which only increases expectations of seeing his narrative trademarks (yuri subtext, emotional torment of both characters and audience, etc) in play.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

I still don't understand how the lock seed was created....
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

*Magic*
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Quick tech note: EXA HD was improperly deinterlaced. Every 4th frame is an interlaced frame.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Phoenix512 wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if all the references to Urobochi's tropes is making some of you having an unrealistic view on the show. I don't ever recall people making assumptions about a show based on a writer so much as this guy is. Maybe Inoue but even then not at this scale.
Urobuchi has been very consistent with his MO. It's not the high body count, but the sheer amount of cynicism that plagues his stories.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Alessar wrote:
Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote:Those are great legs.
No kidding. I was totally not expecting DJ Sagara to have ripped muscular calves like that. Now that we're seeing him walking around he's pretty densely built - he is probably a pretty strong fighter.
... I meant...Nevermind.

Anyway, I checked back, and I noticed something. I don't know the names of all of Team Gaim's members, except Yuuya, Micchi, Mai and Rat, Kouta quit the team so he doesn't count, but back in episode 3 I counted seven members of Gaim excluding Yuuya but including the others. Where did the other two go?
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

All the teams seem to have back-up dancers that have vanished.
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

demonninja wrote:One thing though. Zimber Lemon? I think it's supposed to be Jinba Lemon seeing as it forms into a Jinbaori for Gaim.
Yup, you're right. The kanji used in the end sponsor credits is indeed 陣羽, confirming it as Jinba or Battle Surcoat. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Jinbaori
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, we talked about this in qc. The problem is that it's not 陣羽織 Lemon. It's ジンバー with the dash.

That's why I tend to think this is from this line of clothing 戦国ジンバー:
http://www.monkeymarket.jp/wear/zimber/zimbertop.html

Zimber is obviously a play on the word Jinbaori, since the product line is based on the haori overcoats.

Heck, I could be wrong. But the product line is called Sengoku Zimber. Maybe they paid Gaim to have some sort of cross promotion.
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

Perhaps it's just a matter of differing romanization styles? Like Ji (Hepburn) versus Zi (Kunrei-shiki) and how one goes about tackling long vowels? As we've already established, the Japanese aren't really consistent with their romanizations. (^.^;)
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I definitely agree. It's definitely pronounced jinbar. The zi is entirely stylized. I dunno, the page for it on TV Asahi isn't up yet. Maybe that'll shed some light.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”