Gaim shaping up to be the best Heisei & Neo Heisei series?

Such a fruit

Best Heisei Rider?

Kuuga
2%
Agito
9%
Ryuki
2%
Faiz
5%
Blade
16%
Hibiki
2%
Kabuto
7%
Den-O
No votes
Kiva
2%
Decade
5%
W
20%
OOO
2%
Fourze
2%
Wizard
No votes
Gaim
25%

Total votes: 44
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: Gaim shaping up to be the best Heisei & Neo Heisei serie

Post by Dengar »

Neo-Heisei is just a fan term. I don't really think there's any reason to act all butthurt over the term. Who cares that the people who came up with it don't know anything about Japanese?
Joicerojo
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Haruto Sohma
Favorite Actor?: Satoh Takeru
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Neither the devil nor the grim reaper, just an assassin (Aya- Weiss Kreuz)
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Joicerojo »

To me I've always loved Den-O, but I haven't seen earlier heisei, since I watched from kabuto up to now, I loved OOO also, however, I voted for W because overall it was the best in terms of plot and acting the ending was good and well balanced.

As for Gaim I still haven't come to terms with that I like the series but often I think What is urobotchi thinking? and that doubt makes me think that since it is incomplete I cannot pass judgment yet
Joice Rojo
I've become addicted to Kamen Rider & Takaiwa Seiji
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Ryuki FOREVAH!!!! Agito is darn sweet too, so is Blade. Of course, who can forget Double?

But Gaim is really good so far.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Pharaun
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Decade, Blade
2nd Favorite Series: W, Hibiki

Post by Pharaun »

Gaim has done several things that I really like, but none of the characters have really grabbed me in a way that makes me want to care about them. As of right now it's not even in my top half for favorite Hesei shows, obviously this could, and most likely will, change. I like that they have a ton of riders in the series, but that means that many get little to no development and makes it harder to care about them individually.

As for favorite shows it's a toss up between Agito/pre change Hibiki for Heisei and W/Wizard for Neo-Heisei.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger

Post by MissTokuLover »

for me, the best is still W/Double; best writing, best characters, best acting!

But I'm really enjoying Gaim right now, whether I think it's the best Heisei season only time will tell, since the season is not finished yet, there's still alot of episodes to get through...there's still the possibility that it could all go downhill later on...but I will say that it's definitely shaping up to be 1 of the most interesting seasons in Heisei era.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I haven't seen everything in the Heisei era, so I really can't comment.

Neo era....I'm gonna have to go with W for now. Gaim looks good so far, but it's too early to tell.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

Lunagel wrote:Can I just say I hate the term Neo-Heisei? It's not like Decade marked a real turning point in KR, that would be Den-O. What's the point of arbitrarily assigning the term to everything Decade and after if it doesn't actually denote anything?

/rant

Gaim's pretty cool.

I agree with you Lunagel. I referred Decade-Gaim as being Heisei instead of Neo-Heisei.

Gaim's looking pretty awesome now.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

People are going to look really stupid when Naruhito becomes Emperor and is given the regal name of Neo-Heisei.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

But when that happened, that's when the Neo-Heisei era will begin. Not all the way back to Decade or W. Whenever New Heisei emperor takes over.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

It's just a fan term to differentiate between pre-decade and post-decade. v_v
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Sounds like pre-decade and post-decade are already pretty good terms honestly. No need to be rude to the Emperor by insinuating it's his fault for not dying recently so we can have a new series name.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

I don't think anyone's asking you to use it.

Oh, note that I'm not a fan of using the term for myself. I just don't particuarly mind other people using it. It's not like they actually mean any harm by it. The "Neo" in "Neo-Heisei" doesn't actually refer to the emperor, it refers to the riders. It's "the new rider era during the heisei era".
KamenRiderRival
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: KR OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Ankh/Enter <3
My boom: Kamen Rider Mortal

Post by KamenRiderRival »

I never understood the whole Neo-Heisei period thing, but then again my Kamen Rider knowledge is limited. I've not seen a great deal beyond Neo-Heisei other than Kiva and Den-O (and I guess technically Decade).

As for Gaim, its definitely going to end up high on my list of favourite Kamen Rider seasons. Granted I've only finished two seasons, but what I've seen of the others makes me think Gaim is going to be a firm favourite. Not 100% sure yet if it bets OOOs in my mind yet, since I think OOOs handled the use of the Gimmick better, bar GattaKiriBa, (Have we seen Kiwi Arms or Mango Arms in a while? NO! Baron's belt change didn't help) and the cast is smaller therefore there's time to connect to all the characters - in Gaim people like Guridon and Bravo are often pushed aside, only appearing to mess things up or do something funny.

It certainly beats Den-O in my mind though (the only other series I've watched to completion). I love the Imagins and Ryoutarou and all that, but I thought the series had quite a jarring shift between the comedy aspects and the serious aspects of the serious. Granted, Gaim has this too sometimes, but I get the sense Gaim knows it's being jarring and makes fun of that for further effect. Also the story in Gaim is a lot more coherent than what happened to Den-O during the latter stages.

As for the Rider Shows I've started but not finished: Gaim will probably beat Kiva since I'm having trouble with the timeline splitting story thing they've got going on, Decade definitely as I prefer the characters in Gaim and I'm not really confused with all the Heisei Riders I've yet to see, W is a tough one... I don't think Gaim will beat it so far but it'll come down to the wire, It'll probably beat Fourze because although it's a fun and silly romp (at least that what I've seen so far) it's a bit too in-yer-face sometimes, It will beat Wizard as I've watched 3 or 4 episodes and I really don't like it very much - I'll have to drag myself through them and hope the secondary rider can save it for me...
Finished:
Super Sentai: Gekiranger, Go-Busters, Kyoryuger
Kamen Rider: Den-O, OOO, Gaim

Current:
SS: ToQger
KR: W, Kiva, Drive

Check me out on DA: http://dragonsaregaia.deviantart.com/
Or on FanFiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~kamenriderrival
ShadeHedgehog
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Gokaiger, Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger, W, Wizard
Dreamy: Saki and Natsumikan
Favorite Actor?: Wada Masato
Favorite Band: Simple Plan
My boom: Toku... duh.
Quote: "Oh god, it tastes like there's a party in my mouth and everyone's vomiting!" -Tatsudoshi
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by ShadeHedgehog »

Really? I'm the only one who voted Fourze? =P

But so far Gaim is pretty damn good, it definitely is in my top 5 now, but it's gonna have to do a bit more to make it my favorite.

So far for me it's:
1. Fourze
2. W
3. Blade
4. Den-O
5. Gaim

Honestly though I do love Gaim and it really is amazing plot-wise, but in the first 20 episodes of it I wasn't looking foward to the next ep as much as the other 4.
And I'm not bagging on the Gaim's plot, it's amazing, just not as... I guess fun(?) as the others to me.

But we're pretty much halfway done with Gaim, so it's still got a good 25 episodes or so to make my jaw drop in awe (more so than it already has I mean)
Hade ni...
Spoiler
KITAA!
[kuronogantzryu]
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Mirei Kiritani
Favorite Actor?: Tatsuya Fujiwara

Post by [kuronogantzryu] »

In my humble opinion, Hibiki's first half will always be the best Heisei series that I've watched so far. As for Neo Heisei, I certainly got into Gaim a hell of a lot quicker than I did W so, yes: Gaim is looking like the best Neo Heisei series so far.

I hope it continues to stay that way.
ImageImage

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”