Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gaim 16 released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Gaim_16

Gaim gets powerful, once more. I'm a bit confused as to how the Lemon and Orange work together. It just seems like this and the watermelon outfit could work with any Rider. But in practicality, we'll only get to see Gaim use them since he's the main character.

I like the big haori overcoat. The name Zimber/Jinbar Lemon comes from the term Jinbaori 陣羽織 (n) battle surcoat.
I just think it's Zimber because there's a brand called Sengoku Zimber which uses the exact same katakana spelling. Considering the Sengoku theme, it seems like it's not coincidence: http://www.monkeymarket.jp/wear/zimber/zimbertop.html

This episode wrapped itself up a little too neatly for my taste. I guess we still don't know what Micchi saw, but I'm a little disappointed that they were fleeing Yggdrasill... and then the chase just stops. If Ryouma was just going to let them get away, why put up the pretense of trying to stop their escape?
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Re: KR Gaim 16 released

Post by butyoumight »

If Ryouma was just going to let them get away, why put up the pretense of trying to stop their escape?
I've already got the feeling that Ryouma is not exactly working at entirely aligned purposes with the rest of Yggdrasill. Probably the security measures, chasing after them, etc. were all put into motion without Ryouma's approval or influence. That also assumes that he has the power to overtly decide who can and can't leave, or whatever. Takatora didn't want them escaping, Ryouma really doesn't seem to mind, but he doesn't have the power to call off the chase entirely.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I have a theory as to what Micchi saw after considering Takatora's "big brother" management of Yggdrasill.
Spoiler
The Earth has been overtaken by Helheim Forest and Zawame is the last refuge of humanity. End of the world scenarios would explain the references to Norse mythology.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Man you have Kaito using Inves against other people and now you got Red Hot using Inves to commit crimes. This is why Mai's attempts to improve the Beat Rider's image will fail because they are proving Yggrasill's perception of them is correct.

So the hover bikes are actually from a LockSeed. It's called the Dande Liner and looks like it's based on a dandelion.

The one thing bother me about the episode is how Kouta is able to fight the Lion Inves with no hesitation at all. He should be able to infer that the Inves were human at one point and after being unable to finish off Hase two episodes ago, he should have some hesitation fighting the Inves.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lion was probably from an animal since it came from a Lock Seed. The human Inves are based off Chinese mythological animals.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I don't think Kouta would make the difference between animal-based Inves and Chinese-mythos based Inves. If he did, that would be some meta-gaming on his part.
LittleChiro
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: All Kamen Riders
2nd Favorite Series: All Super Sentai
Quote: まだまだ~だね!

Post by LittleChiro »

I think in that situation kouta isn't able to think that the inves might be human since 1) He's being attacked first, and 2) He's trying to save the people from that inves. So he doesn't really have time to really think it through
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Maybe fight isn't the right word I was going for. I was going for killing the Lion Inves. I would believe Kouta would fight any Inves to defend himself and save people from it but the lack of hesitation on killing it bothered me after the hesitation he showed with Hase.
LittleChiro
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: All Kamen Riders
2nd Favorite Series: All Super Sentai
Quote: まだまだ~だね!

Post by LittleChiro »

Maybe he really didn't think it through?

Btw, is it me or does kouta's bow looked slightly longer than other energy riders?
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

Overcoat = Gaim InRouMaru cloak? Sagara did give him a special 'case' to use lemon energy, in a hidden secret slot on the driver. Inrou does mean sealed case, so thank you for the Shinkenger vibe (or just me.) Since it's the 16th where I live, and that is the 5th anniversary of the start of the series that stole my heart forever. Oh please Shinkenger never leave me…

So on another Samurai thread, HAPPY SHINKENGER DAY! (ToQger will take the same air date, has the same staff. I will NEVER love you newbies the way I did Shinkenger, but 2nd place is always open if you want to evict DekaRranger. So, hugs and kisses to my beloved Samurai Sentai. <3 Welcome ToQger.)

Ok now with that love expressed while the Valentine mood lasts, Ryouma gets my attention. He is a genius who is given too little power. Hope we'll see duke fight soon, we've already seen the other 3 Energy riders get some action (even Yoko does it unhenshined). WHAT DID MITZUSANE SEE? What will happen to Sagara now?
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

takenoko wrote:
I'm a bit confused as to how the Lemon and Orange work together.
I see this one cooking show and the host says that by combining lemon and orange together you got the taste almost like Meyer Lemon... which is expensive....
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:I'm a bit confused as to how the Lemon and Orange work together.
They're both citrus fruits, so it makes a lot of sense that they'd go together.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

According to the Shinkenger wiki, the Inroumaru's coat does count as a battle haori.

I meant, I don't understand how the mix function works. Does it only work with orange and lemon or is some mixing and matching allowed? Considering there doesn't appear to be any real interaction between the two devices, I imagine that you can use any combination and it won't really matter.
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkCrusnik »

why do i have this feeling that this new form is gonna be spammed like hell?
id hate gaim if that happens
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Crying Mai is so cute :mrgreen:

Here be my guess of Helheim secret: it grows out of dead people. Lots of dead people.

Jinba Lemon is pretty cool, though quite bulky. Now let's see if it's gonna be Gaim's final form.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”