Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gaim 17 released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Gaim_17

Another fun episode. Micchi is at a cross roads and we get to see how awesome Youko and Ryouma are. The bow battle between Gaim and Malika was particularly good. There's just something visceral about the motion of firing a bow that you lose when just going bang bang with a gun.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Gaim 17 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's a bit weird that I was talking about how Bravo isn't a villain and that he doesn't really hurt noncombants/civilians. This episode does show he has some form of code that he follows. The fake Donguri LockSeed was great.

The Beat Rider stigma continues since Kouta can't even get an interview for a job.

I think Micchi is too clever for his own good. I imagine at some point everyone will try to get rid of him because he's playing everyone at some point. I think the Micchi that cares about Mai is the true version of him but he might be blurring the lines to the point who knows what the true version is.

I wonder if Tsukui Minami is secretly happy that she doesn't have to wear a gothic lolita dress in Gaim and wear something more normal. Malika seems like the most-level headed female Rider ever and almost beats Gaim Zimber Lemon even.

I don't recall the TV-Asahi site had grades for the Energy Lock Seeds until yesterday which they are all S grade.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Phoenix512 wrote:The fake Donguri LockSeed was great.
I agree. real funny.

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Toei Web exclusive for 6000 Yen.

Good episode. It seems that Yggdrasil may suffer due to the fact that everyone seems to be scheming against each other. Nice to see Kouta be able to get one up over Oren by himself. Song that played was good as well, despite it being a Rider Girls song.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I really enjoyed this one.
Catastrophe wrote:Toei Web exclusive for 6000 Yen.
what is?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I'm guessing they're talking about the Oren Lock Seed.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote:I'm guessing they're talking about the Oren Lock Seed.
ooooh, ok. that makes sense.

.......I'd buy that. >.>
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

If they did release the Oren lockseed, it'd have to have ALL the sounds in the lock itself, including the "Lock On" sound. You'd have to use it with the driver off, otherwise you'd get the normal Gridon sounds as well as Oren's versions.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

More riders... MORE RIDERS.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

This is a great episode, as always expected of Gaim. As much as I see Bravo as more of an extra wild card, I like how he has a code of honor.

I like how these secrets keep growing in this show, especially the ones surrounding Micchi. He's gone from being a background character to a second rider, sort of, to one of the most interesting characters of the show. Minato was right; he's smart, but he's still naive to certain things like how last episode what he saw changed his mind to exposing Yggdrasil and this episode expecting to pull off a dirty plan with a hitch. Sid does have a point in these regards.

I also see you chose to use Jimber Lemon instead of Zimber. I guess that's okay.

The Gaim/Malika fight was great. Allot better than some of the other one on one battles that took place before.

On a final note, Energy Lockseeds are S class. I constantly wonder where that ranking system came from, but if these S Class are brought in now will what could be the final form involve S or something that may be even higher?
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

I haven't posted in these forums in a while. That was a particularly good episode of Gaiam. I kind of wish Micchi did betray Kouta, I have a feeling he's going to flip/flopping his alliances for the rest of the series. I see a stronger bond between Kouta and Kaito. I'm surprised how good this series got once they dropped the whole dancing aspect.

Also, who the hell is in charge? It's definitely not the chief.

toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Mitchy able to sense the hidden agenda by Ryouma makes me think: Is he really just a normal college student? That kind of thinking under a whole lot pressure from Minato really is kind of a genius.
Guess having your belt upgraded by Yggdrasil will turn the belt color from yellow to gray huh? wonder why Mitchy doesn't get it too. The yellow color is kinda pain in the eye for me, glad Urobuchi is trying to twist that hitch through his story.

Wow, Malika vs Gaim is really breathtaking. It's kinda rare to see a video shooting a scene from that angle, Wizard have one sometime too I guess. Kudos to Tsukui Minami for able to pull off that kind of stunt even after donning a Rider suit. It's a really different experience from from playing a non-masked villain I guess?

I wonder if Energy Lockseed is obtained from the forest too? We haven't seen one hint of their origin, plus with Melon having 2 different kinds of LS makes me think the Energy Lockseed is somehow a modified normal Lockseed by Yggdrasil.
Mddanish00
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "From now imagination is my stage!"

Post by Mddanish00 »

Toni2212 says: I wonder if Energy Lockseed is obtained from the forest too? We haven't seen one hint of their origin, plus with Melon having 2 different kinds of LS makes me think the Energy Lockseed is somehow a modified normal Lockseed by Yggdrasil.
The wiki says it's artificial Lockseed that sacrifice the ability to summon Arms Weapons instead summoning Sonic Arrow.... How they do it??!
Imagination is my stage now!
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

System error ate my quick post message...

Let's see if I can still remember what I typed...

Great episode, really getting into how unclear the actual line between good and evil is for the show, just different morals and goals.

Micchi becoming a chessmaster, awesome.

Although the absence of the traitor plotline or even a mention in the episode proper irked me.
Wouldn't finding the traitor be a priority and an actually decent mission for Micchi, as he could probably get Kouta to tell him?
Unless that DJ was so foolish as to give Kouta his actual key-card and has already been dealt with off-screen...
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
xanzerxiii
7X
Quote: Nn~ Aah~ Ecstasy!
Type: INTP Architect

Post by xanzerxiii »

Although Micchi is genius, manipulative and whatsoever, he is still very naive. There will be one day that he have to get his hands dirty. One day. Because no matter how much he wanted to protect Team Gaim, he need to fight alongside Takatora one day.

Minato is real strong. She is very different from other female heroes. She didn't shout in pain and that's what amazes me. I was expecting for her to shout when Gaim give her the final attack but no. I need this kind of female in Sentai. I don't think she is just a kind of fan service.

About Ryouma and Takatora. I have this kind of feeling that Ryouma is in the higher rank than Takatora in the corporation. Maybe he is the main company's scientist that is send to assist Takatora in Zawame City. Because in the end Takatora always accepts Ryouma's explanations although he seems uneasy with it. Or maybe Ryouma is Takatora's close friend since they call each other without honorific. Or both. Who knows.
Barim wrote:Although the absence of the traitor plotline or even a mention in the episode proper irked me.
Wouldn't finding the traitor be a priority and an actually decent mission for Micchi, as he could probably get Kouta to tell him?
Unless that DJ was so foolish as to give Kouta his actual key-card and has already been dealt with off-screen...
I don't think Takatora knows about the "traitor" thing happening. He just wanted the Sengoku Driver back quick and fast.

Spoiler
Zack is the new Rider?
I will never give up ze yo!

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”