KR Gaim 18 released

Such a fruit
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Re: KR Gaim 18 released

Post by Weather »

Ok, i did not expect Knuckle to be the same type as Bravo O.o I assume'd there are 3 main types: Japan warrior, European knight, chinese warrior and a "misc" type like Bravo being gladiator and Sigurd having Viking motif. So the fourth one is a greek or rome? (I don't realyy know, i recognize Knuckle helmet but i can't find it) with Bravo being the "general" and Knuckle being "soldier". He may not be A class fruit, but he is way stronger than Kurokage or Guridon, that's good cos i want to see thsi guy kicking butts (he got badass voice).

I liked that Malika was holding back against Gaim in a fight, first becos it's only 18 episode, so he shouldn't be that strong, and second, as we've seen, she is one strong fighter, while Kouta is.....former dancer... yeaaah, i don't know how much power lemon energy and orange have together, i don't think it's enough against S class lockseed with experienced in fighting user.

Bravo was just hilarious in this ep, especially at the end when he stabbed his own foot XD. Normally i would be mad that my fave rider is having his butt kick, but then i remeber, that we're not even in the half of the series (realyy, with all the things that are going, it makes you think it's episode 38 not 18). So i hope to see, some awesome Bravo action, until then, i will have fun with all comedy with him :D.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Revorse wrote:
Why in the world did they thing dancing together was going to clear their name? If anything it'd just show that they are a unified terrorist group. As everyone in the show thinks they are.
The thing they are being blamed for is that the Inves attacks are a result from their fights with each toher. by showing that they are not competing with one another, they are bassically saying "why are not the ones using the inves". People will still believe they are the ones to blame, sure, but at least they have shown that they are not competing right now.

The reason Kaito had for dancing was that he was able to obtain resources from Yggdrassil and may have expected to be able to get inside in some fashion. We know for a while that his ultimate goal was to destroy Yggdrassil and that he had been using dancing as a ay to obtain power. He may had expected to reach followers who heard his words about Yggdrassil being bad for the town, or he may tought that he could obtain some influence if he obtained the top spot. but whatever his plan was, it doesn't matter anymore, because he now understand that the beat riders was a dead end. there is nothing he can get from dancing anymore.

Yet it was not a fruitless chase(pun not intended) because, thanks to the beat riders he was able to obtain the belt and more power that he could have hoped for. Yggdrassil gave them the belts because they tought they would waste them on their "silly games", but Kaito always expected to one day use his belt against the corporation, and his conversation with Ryouma just made him go ahead sooner.

But while Kaito didn't see the dancing as something else than a way of obtaining power, that doesn't mean everyone in team Baron is the same. THey may or may not have known of Kaito's hatred of Yggdrassil and they may or may not have started dancing because they liked it, but that doesn't matter. Right here and right now they are dancing because they enjoy doing it, and there is nothing they want more than making dancing fun again, and if that mean forgetting about being number one, they are willing to do it.

The one thing for sure is this, Kaito considers Team Baron his friends. and fighting Yggdrassil means they could be in danger. that's why he left after giving a belt to Zack, he does not want to be involved in the fight, ESPECIALLY after what happened with Hase. Yet he is not stupid, he knows Yggdrassil may decide to use them as a way to get to him, so the best he can do is to give them a way to defend themselves and hope for the best.

so...i guess i was off with my belief Malika did not restrain herself(altough, if the fight had kept going, she probably would have need to go full-on)

I love how much DJ is trolling Yggdrassil, he is like saying "i told you they would not go quietly, but did you listen to me? no! and that's what happens when you don't! sucker!"
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

This was the most flamboyant episode so far...which is saying something as there have been A LOT of flamboyant ones out of the 18 that have been released so far. This episode also made me think of the movie "Bring it On!" more so then usual.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Great episode! Nice to see some real dancing! Zack is awesome! Looking forward to some Lemon vs Lemon action.

The new Donkey Kong game looks much better graphically than the DK Country games from way back.
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

what is the name for the all white female group dance?
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

berry889 wrote:what is the name for the all white female group dance?
Team PopUp, the Kamen Rider Girls.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Am I wrong in feeling, like Bravo's lack of public appeal, may have had a factor in how well the group dance in a mostly empty warehouse was received? Or maybe the BRILLIANT plan of attacking them with Inves despite casting himself as the man protecting people from the evil Inves using Beat Riders? :V... My point is that I think despite his combat experience he seems to be loosing any real psychological advantage he ever tried having.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

so, did anyone else read any of the comments flooding the screen during the dance event?

according to TvTropes: "The various online comments in support of the Beat Riders in episode 18 contain a few references to other shows, including referencing Aigaron and Candelira's catchphrases from Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger and the voice of the Wizard Driver from Kamen Rider Wizard."

for example, at 21:13, you can see the comment on the bottom with three hearts is clearly "keep smiling, yo~!" in katakana.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Kogashi wrote:Am I wrong in feeling, like Bravo's lack of public appeal, may have had a factor in how well the group dance in a mostly empty warehouse was received? Or maybe the BRILLIANT plan of attacking them with Inves despite casting himself as the man protecting people from the evil Inves using Beat Riders? :V... My point is that I think despite his combat experience he seems to be loosing any real psychological advantage he ever tried having.
Well, to be fair, Jounouchi was controlling the Inves from the shadows because Oren was attempting to make it seem like the Inves were under the Beat Riders' control (hence the dancing, I assume). That didn't work out so well, it wasn't a very well thought out plan, but I can see where the concept came from, sort of?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:so, did anyone else read any of the comments flooding the screen during the dance event?
Really? I should check that out.
Ximara
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Marvel
Quote: "Where'd you get the name Ximara?"
"It's my nobody name."

Post by Ximara »

Did Team Gaim just magically grow two extra members while I wasn't looking? I mean, other than Kouta and Micchi, there's Chuck, Mai, other girl who's not Mai, and Rat...so who the hell are the two dudes dancing on the top of their little box? I didn't notice them on my first viewing but now I'm like...where did you guys come from? The closet?
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

Ximara wrote:Did Team Gaim just magically grow two extra members while I wasn't looking? I mean, other than Kouta and Micchi, there's Chuck, Mai, other girl who's not Mai, and Rat...so who the hell are the two dudes dancing on the top of their little box? I didn't notice them on my first viewing but now I'm like...where did you guys come from? The closet?
I always figured they had varying members. I mean Raid Wild's members keep growing/shrinking too.
Dax
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokai / Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinken / Kabuto
Quote: Avatar by me.

Post by Dax »

I wasn't expecting yet another rider. Granted his base is still the Kurokage base but still.

I noticed a little mistake in the French when Oren/Bravo and Jounouchi Hideyasu are using a megaphone, I reads "Mesdames et monsiuers!" There's two things to correct. First, the correct spelling is monsieur (little problem in the order of the vowels after the S) and the second one is that the proper word for the plural of monsieur is messieurs. Monsieur = singular, messieurs = plural (just like madame = singular and mesdames = plural). It's between 7:47 and 7:50.
Completed
Sentai: From Deka to Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider: From Ryuki to Zi-O
Other: GARO, Cutie Honey, Sh15uya, Tokusatsu GaGaGa
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

MVZ-800 wrote:
I always figured they had varying members. I mean Raid Wild's members keep growing/shrinking too.
if i had to guess, they may be members of team red who left after their boss went Supervillain with the lockseed and came to team gaim in search of a new group. but this is just speculation.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Dax wrote:I noticed a little mistake in the French when Oren/Bravo and Jounouchi Hideyasu are using a megaphone, I reads "Mesdames et monsiuers!" There's two things to correct. First, the correct spelling is monsieur (little problem in the order of the vowels after the S) and the second one is that the proper word for the plural of monsieur is messieurs. Monsieur = singular, messieurs = plural (just like madame = singular and mesdames = plural). It's between 7:47 and 7:50.
This is the problem of being a Japanese translator, you tend to speak very little French. >.>

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”