KR Gaim 19 released

Such a fruit
xanzerxiii
7X
Quote: Nn~ Aah~ Ecstasy!
Type: INTP Architect

Re: KR Gaim 19 released

Post by xanzerxiii »

I think Malika is some sort of right-hand man, in this case, right-hand woman of Ryouma, she seems happy to see Ryouma, have more normal facial expression when he is with Ryouma, not the usual creepy expression (idk if that is the right word) which makes me think, she somewhat like Ryouma, if not a lot, yeah I'm sure she like Ryouma.

Zangetsu in this episode is a lot calmer than usual, he doesn't get mad like he usually do, didnt raise his voice except when he is fighting, maybe he thought that it is the time to reveal the secrets to Kouta so that he can dismiss the misunderstanding and prove that Yggdrasil is not to blame.

Spoiler
Looks like in the next episode, the secrets revealed, and the Riders and Yggdrasil started to get along? :?:
I will never give up ze yo!
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

Man, this show is really good at making me excited about the next episode. Hopefully we actually get to see the secret of Helheim this time, and not just Kouta and Kaito looking shocked. Kouta and Kaito both gained about 10 coolness points this episode, while Micchi lost about 20. Seriously, backstabbing your friends like that is just pathetic.

I'm still betting that the people who Mystic Mai appears to are the primary candidates for being chosen by the forest, whatever that means. As far as we know right now, that means Kouta, Kaito, Micchi, and Mai are the strongest candidates. Also, there's kind of a hint that being chosen isn't necessarily good, since Mystic Mai always is trying to warn people off.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral

Post by AxemYellow »

In some ways I think it would be awesome if they didn't tell the viewers the secret and just left it a mystery until later in the series.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

It's always refreshing to see some out of suit action in Rider shows so seeing Kouta do those flips was pretty cool. Hope he gets more of these action sequences as the season progresses. Man just like that, Micchi has already started to betray his friends. I was disappointed about that. Something tells me Kaito is going to have a man to man talk (or fight) about this. The Zangetsu vs Gaim fight was pretty cool too. But when both of them went back to their human forms, they acted like their battle didn't phase each other at all. What the hell?
bluegreen
Infinity

Post by bluegreen »

I'm confused. After 19 episodes, I can't figure out if Kaito knows who Micchi is? They are supposed to be good friends so he should know his friend's surname, and from that it should be a small step to Yggdrasill. I have a hard time believing he wouldn't be more suspicious if he made that connection.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro

Post by AxemYellow »

bluegreen wrote:I'm confused. After 19 episodes, I can't figure out if Kaito knows who Micchi is? They are supposed to be good friends so he should know his friend's surname, and from that it should be a small step to Yggdrasill. I have a hard time believing he wouldn't be more suspicious if he made that connection.
That's a good point. I also keep wondering if the others in team Gaim know about Micchi's family.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Eh? Kaito's not good friends with Micchi. And Micchi and his family don't know about each other. They established early on that Takatora thinks the street dancers are a bunch of lame kids. The separation between his private life and his school/family one is quite stark.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I tend to agree with take as well. I don't think Team Gaim would be so trusting of Micchi if they found out that he was some rich kid.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I wouldn't exactly say that Micchi betrayed Kouta this week. He's trying to play a dangerous game, refusing to take either side for real. If he didn't narc to Yggdrasil about Gaim and Baron coming to say hi, he would expose himself as not being on the company's side or, worse, being useless as an inside man. Either way, he'd be done. So to protect his freedom to be with his friends, he has to set Kouta and Kaito up. It's unfortunate, but he's going to have to make worse choices the longer he refuses to pick a side.

Once his friends find out he's kid brother to the white Rider and part of Yggdrasil nobility, shit will hit the fan.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

dancercotillion wrote:I wouldn't exactly say that Micchi betrayed Kouta this week. He's trying to play a dangerous game, refusing to take either side for real. If he didn't narc to Yggdrasil about Gaim and Baron coming to say hi, he would expose himself as not being on the company's side or, worse, being useless as an inside man. Either way, he'd be done. So to protect his freedom to be with his friends, he has to set Kouta and Kaito up. It's unfortunate, but he's going to have to make worse choices the longer he refuses to pick a side.

Once his friends find out he's kid brother to the white Rider and part of Yggdrasil nobility, shit will hit the fan.
On the other hand, Micchi now knows that "the white Rider" isn't actually a threat to Kouta (or Kaito, but I doubt he cares quite as much about him), but not only is Helheim a danger in and of itself, but he's actively trying to prevent Kouta from finding out about Yuuya. So, in essence, Micchi telling Takatora that they were trying to break into Yggdrasill was yet another ploy to protect Kouta. Manipulative? Yes. Betrayal? Not quite.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Yeah, exactly! Micchi's in a tough spot, making hard choices. His life would be easier if he would just pick a side, but he's unwilling to do that, and it's because he's still a kid. Kids hate giving things up because kids are selfish; both Kouta and Takatora, men Micchi looks up to in some way, are behaving selflessly like adults with a wider perspective often do. Micchi believes he's doing the same, but he's really keeping secrets from Kouta because he's scared he'll lose his friendships with Team Gaim. He only came cleanISH to his brother because he got caught. He wouldn't have come forth on his own.

It's selfishness. And it's going to lead him to a very bad place before a good one.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by butyoumight »

dancercotillion wrote:Yeah, exactly! Micchi's in a tough spot, making hard choices. His life would be easier if he would just pick a side, but he's unwilling to do that, and it's because he's still a kid. Kids hate giving things up because kids are selfish; both Kouta and Takatora, men Micchi looks up to in some way, are behaving selflessly like adults with a wider perspective often do. Micchi believes he's doing the same, but he's really keeping secrets from Kouta because he's scared he'll lose his friendships with Team Gaim. He only came cleanISH to his brother because he got caught. He wouldn't have come forth on his own.

It's selfishness. And it's going to lead him to a very bad place before a good one.
I absolutely believe this too. I feel for the kid, though. I keep coming back to this on my (extensive) Tumblr meta, but for all of the talk Sid and Youko do about how ~adults~ behave versus how ~children~ behave, Kaito and Kouta and probably the rest of the Riders too are all adults in a cultural sense, by age anyway. Micchi is the only one who is still in fact technically a 'child', though he's a teenager he's definitely not an ADULT.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

butyoumight wrote:
I absolutely believe this too. I feel for the kid, though. I keep coming back to this on my (extensive) Tumblr meta, but for all of the talk Sid and Youko do about how ~adults~ behave versus how ~children~ behave, Kaito and Kouta and probably the rest of the Riders too are all adults in a cultural sense, by age anyway. Micchi is the only one who is still in fact technically a 'child', though he's a teenager he's definitely not an ADULT.
I dunno. Almost every character in Gaim has some sort of traits that can be considered "immature", but I wouldn't use that alone to call them "kids". For instance, Kouta being irresponsible about jobs and easy to indulge in power, Kaito being overly confident in his power (lately he's always been losing), Bravo pretty much the bully, Sid easy to let his temper get over him... Takatora even believed that after using the Beat Riders to take the blame for the Inves, he could convince them to stay in custody, in a sense that's as naive as his brother.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by butyoumight »

squashy wrote:
butyoumight wrote:
I dunno. Almost every character in Gaim has some sort of traits that can be considered "immature", but I wouldn't use that alone to call them "kids". For instance, Kouta being irresponsible about jobs and easy to indulge in power, Kaito being overly confident in his power (lately he's always been losing), Bravo pretty much the bully, Sid easy to let his temper get over him... Takatora even believed that after using the Beat Riders to take the blame for the Inves, he could convince them to stay in custody, in a sense that's as naive as his brother.
Yes, this is all very true and I think significant also. But the point I was making is that out of all the Driver users (with the possible exception(s) of Jounouchi and Zack?), Micchi is the only one who hasn't "come of age"/reached the Age of Majority that is the magical 20 years old mark. He is NOT an adult in a legal sense.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I imagine that Zack would be older than Kaito. It's interesting that Team Gaim houses the youngest of the Riders, although it makes sense when seen in the construct of the broader story. Micchi is underage and Kouta is 20, the very borderline between child and adult according to Japanese views.

Jounouchi might be underage too, but I can see him being an adult as well. I imagine Hase was 20 or younger.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”