2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Re: KR Gaim 21 released

Post by butyoumight »

Darkwings wrote:I like where the main plot is going (now that we have one) and the sort of ambiguity in bad guys/good guys, but I don't like when they spend ~20 episodes in the show just for the setup :?
Except that's not really what's happening at all. My husband pointed out the other day that Urobutchi is treating Gaim like four individual generally-anime-length seasons of a single show instead of like one 48 episode season, which means that the main plot of the first arc really was just the conflict between the Beat Rider teams. The main plot of the second arc really was just conflict between the Beat Riders and Yggdrasill. Seems like the plot of the third arc is leading into being about all of the sundry ways in which all of these conflicting parties might have to work together. And the cohesive over-all plot is, yeah, about the Helheim invasion. The first 20 episodes weren't JUST for set-up, they were telling all of their own stories while also planting the seeds (pun ABSOLUTELY intended) for the major plot that I would guess will be the major plot point of the fourth arc.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

is it safe to assume that you guys couldn't hear the belt say "jimber lemon squash!" during the rider kick, since you didn't include it?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, someone mentioned it earlier. Sometimes the effect noises are drowned out by all the other sounds.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Darkwings wrote: Also, given the situation, it seems weird to not have any sort of military corps involved this time.
Especially when there are weapons of mass destruction installed on a company tower :|
TThey have already said, they don't trust other governments because they could want the secret for their own armies, including the japanese governmet, so it would be a very bad idea to have the group you want the least to know about lock-seed to help you out with the inves problem
HarryFA1 wrote: I'm gonna guess that "Project Ark" involves saving all the rich people or Yggdrasil employee's. Also, is everyone at Yggdrasil okay with letting Zawame go to shit, & potentially having thousands upon millions of people die? Takatora? Micchi? I know Kaito doesn't care cause he's all "only the strong should live" or some BS.
that would assume it is common knowledge. I believe it is supposed to be used as a last resource if all other plans fail as well as a high-level secret only the people on top of Yggdrassil know about.

i have the feeling Kaito is going to bond with the ysterious Inves and it is going to make Kaito change side.

I like Takatora's conflict. He believes he is a good guy because he honestly believes the choices he made were the only way of doing it, but if he is wrong and there was another way, one that did not require all this suffering, then he is aware that would make him a villain. He hopes for Kouta to fail, not because he sees him as a threat, but because he needs to know he wasn't wrong in believing this was the best way to solve the problem.

So yeah, i guess i am going to drop my theory with Malika...also, i assume Kaito is less than 20 years old and Malika is at least 25. alongside some VERY bad placed dialogue in Wizard and Gemini in Fourze, i think this is the third kamen rider series in a row to creep me out...

I really like the scene with Kouta's sister. sometimes it is a good thing to just have scenes like these.

No matter how much Micchi tries to keep Kouta away from the truth, as long as Kouta keeps on fighting, he wil eventually discover it. And the more Kouta learns, the more decided he is in keep fighting.

Kaito:mmmh...i must be on the right way, they told me to follow the generic Tokusatsu Caves until something strange appears...

Micchi: Damn it Sid, if you run and escape, we are risking into becoming like wizard! *summon Inves*

Honestly, after Mich left to go help Kouta, i was expecting the police to show up and believe the beat riders were the thieves. i am so glad we didn't have that.
Nice out of suit fight. I really like the idea of them using their fighting skill to stop the thieves. it shows they have the skill to defeat grown adults.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

locuas wrote:

So yeah, i guess i am going to drop my theory with Malika...also, i assume Kaito is less than 20 years old and Malika is at least 25. alongside some VERY bad placed dialogue in Wizard and Gemini in Fourze, i think this is the third kamen rider series in a row to creep me out...
What makes you think Kaito is under 20? He was probably about ten when Yggdrasill came to ruin his poor little baby life, and Ryouma has stated that that was at least ten years ago.

Aha, I knew we had a canon age for Kaito somewhere: from the end of episode 5 when Sid is going through their profiles:

Kaito is 20 as of episode 5. Depending on when his birthday falls, he could be as old as 21 by now.

It doesn't mean it's not still creepy, but I don't think age is the reason this one is creepy...
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

well, i tought of him as roughly the same age as Kouta and some of the dialogue with Kouta made me picture him as 17-19 years old. guess i was wrong.
Tough, i have to admit, if he is older than i tought, then i am more interested as to where the relationship is going than creeped out...
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

According to the tv-asahi website, Kouta and Kaito are 20, Micchi is 16, Mai is 17, and Takatora is 26. And Akira is 24, not really as older than Kouta as she seems.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

I can see Mai as younger than Kouta yet older than Micchi, but i didn't expect Kouta to be 3 years older than Mai. interesting.
Akira i can see as 24, old enough to work but young enough that it doesn't seem like she has a boyfriend(i seriously hope that doesn't sound wrong in some way...)
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Hahaha, to me it doesn't come across as a "short" series. I mean we know a lot more about what's going on in the city, but as for what's going on with the forest, that really is anyone's guess since we just scratched the surface.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Takatora's 26? Jesus, he looks rough.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Knight of L-sama wrote:
Kogashi wrote:Why distrust Urobotchi? He just wants a true happy ending, after all *blood drips freely from his name, problem is the blood isn't his*
Have you read what he's gotten up to in Red Dragon, the RPG that he's playing with Kinoku Nasu (of TYPE-Moon fame) and a few others. The play logs are being put online and illustrated and... :roll:

His first plan of action is to go after Nasu's character's sister and try and kill her because she's too idealistic... (of course the other three players are plotting to take over the world leaving Nasu of all people the only one actually trying to deal the titular Red Dragon). And for the record he succeeded but got killed off in the attempt.

It's a sad, sad day when the master of magibabble is the only sane man in your group.
do you have any link?
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

I haven't been active on this forum for a while, but am following Gaim weekly (to the point of even trying to get the RAWs to get a glimpse of what happens the next episode, because this series is THAT good).

Anyways, just popped in to say that I'm with some of the other posters who think the mysterious figure is another rider, not a commander-class inves or similar -- that was the first thought that came to mind when I saw the figure with a weapon and a cape. So Helheim's invasion might actually be engineered rather than random, if someone or another force is behind its activities.
CuervaLocura
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: DekaRanger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sigurd
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by CuervaLocura »

Revorse wrote:Am I the only one upset that Sid lost? I mean he'd had been talking so much shit before and I just felt like he should have been able to take on Kouta. Even with Jimber Lemon. Also because somewhere inside me I really support Yggdrasil.
No, you're not. Sure, he's spilling a lot of disgust at Kouta but in the end it's the disgusting truth. He's more honest with Kouta than Micchi and Takatora and I really want to know what made him a disillusioned man, only seeing the grim side of all things.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Mai pretty cute here... Seems that Youko are bit foxy.. Don't know how much she puts her trust on both Ryouma and Takatora or they just pawn to her own agenda... Could be like DJ Sagara... Her character was my favorite girl.. She not shown her real emotions ( like Ada Wong from Resident Evil) fantastic episode so far...
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

CuervaLocura wrote:
No, you're not. Sure, he's spilling a lot of disgust at Kouta but in the end it's the disgusting truth. He's more honest with Kouta than Micchi and Takatora and I really want to know what made him a disillusioned man, only seeing the grim side of all things.
Except sid does not do it because he feels Kouta deserves to know it or something like that. he does it because he knows that is going to mess with Kouta's head or kouta is going to become upset.

Takatora, on the other hand, is willing to tell him the truth...as long as it is a reaosnable request. He is willing to shre the helheim's secret, but telling a kid about something normal empoyees don't know about? why? i don't even think Takatora would allow it's use unless there was no other option. And if he had told Kouta about it, i think takatora would have explained why it was necessary.

When Sid told Kouta about it, he focused on the fact they had that weapon and it could destroy the city, not why they considered it necessary or in which scenario they would use it. Sure, he is technically telling the truth, but what he is telling Kouta is so basic and open to interpretation that it is the same as lying.
Last edited by Go-On Macaroni on Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: That didn't happen in 21, trimming out just to be safe

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”