2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider W
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Band: J-rock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: nasuverse
Quote: "Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"

Re: KR Gaim 23 released

Post by demino555 »

Just wanted to say that thinking back on Kachidoki Lockseed and how the episode went down, I am extremely reminded of a light novel I read.

The character comes back from a harrowing ordeal and displays his improved power against the people who want to use him. He doesn't make a threat or anything of the like. He only tells them what he expects of them and equates this to a triumphant return to form.

Yeah... I'm just wondering if Urobutchi reads other people's work.
My power is EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The book you're describing sounds pretty generic. Considering the originality we've seen so far this series I'd be very doubtful if Urobutchi plagiarizes.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I was under the impression that Ryoma designed the lockseeds.
Uncontrol
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Uncontrol »

keikoku01 wrote:I wonder if the lockseeds is from Helheim fruits, why it take form of Earth fruits?
The actual answer is, of course, that the toys are designed before the show's story is written.

If you want an in-narrative answer, Ryoma designed the Lock Seeds and he is pretty obviously nuts. (He also takes credit for the crazy voices within them, so ...)
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

demino555 wrote:Just wanted to say that thinking back on Kachidoki Lockseed and how the episode went down, I am extremely reminded of a light novel I read.

The character comes back from a harrowing ordeal and displays his improved power against the people who want to use him. He doesn't make a threat or anything of the like. He only tells them what he expects of them and equates this to a triumphant return to form.

Yeah... I'm just wondering if Urobutchi reads other people's work.
The simple and obvious answer is: yes, of course he does. most writers still read or watch other people's works. Kojima is a big Assasin's creed fan. Attack on Titan's Hajime Isayama enjoys reading martial arts manga. some of them get inspiration from those very works, which, as long as they give it a new spin or add "something" new, is not a rip-off or anything like that but, an inspiration. Hell, he even made a fanfic visual novel based on "Equilibrium".

The not so obvious and somewhat more complicated answer is, he is very prolific in the visual novel industry and is pretty good friends with Kinoko Nasu of "Type-Moon" and they have collaborated together in two Fate/ series. he like to RP with other fellow authors. they probably share some writers tips between each other while chatting.

Also, that is actually a very common plot idea. Superman did it in the last part of the animated series pilot. The hero who knows he can't just finish his enemy, but makes clear that he won't let them do what they want. you could say that is the difference between a Hero and an Extremist: A hero reacts to protect when they see something bad happening while an extremist destroys to try and stop the problem from the root(pun not intended).
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Villains act, heroes react.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I'm calling it Ryoma will either become the big bad of the series or get killed off. Which I hope he gets killed off >.>
Karoum
7X

Post by Karoum »

Well obviously, DJ is from Helheim himself and is using an Helheim driver. His driver can probably transform Earth's plants into lockseeds in the same way Earth's Riders can use their belts to transform Helheim's,
Gamera Ramen
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Max, Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: If it wasn't for disappointment I wouldn't have any appointments
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Gamera Ramen »

I really love the fact that even with this badass power-up Kouta's still struggling to compete with Takatora. Takatora's the general of the entire Scalar Project for being incredible powerful and a brutal fighter, and Kouta's simply not able to best him yet. Kachidoki gave him much more power, but it didn't give him much more ability. Some might say it's just dragging out the fighting between Kouta and Takatora too long, but I really like how it's going. (Also I just love Takatora a lot more than I should so I might be rooting for him a bit too.)
Also Kaito's upgrade when? Seriously, for always making such a big deal about "being strong" he's lost almost every battle he fought alone.
dancercotillion wrote:I'm astounded how Kamen Rider manages to be a phenomenally great show every few years, considering it's a toy commercial for electronic pants-holders and plastic knives.
dancercotillion wrote: My OTP is Ryouma/his own reflection

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”