Such a fruit
narshkajke
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Kiba Yuuji
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuo Kurata
Quote: If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think…. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart.. I’ll always be with you -winnie the pooh-

Re: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai Released

Post by narshkajke »

Wow, I really like the inclusion of Faiz in this movie, Kento Handa really look matured since the last time I saw him on Faiz 10 years ago.
Though I really think that he's not that close with Kusaka, so close that he blame himself for his death, not to mention Kusaka is a dick like always, even in his dying breath he is still a dick, cross that Even after he's dead he still a dick.

The ending is not that good for both showa and heisei, why keep the fighting between riders if you gonna end it on a peaceful note??
The protecting the flower bits is cheesy, and the waiting for the full power finisher is kinda weird, I thought the general rule of Kamen rider is you have to wait for the finisher, the henshin, the catchphrase to end, no matter how long and impractical it's going to be:D
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

kyoichikiller90 wrote:But RX was pre-Heisei, and Shin ZO and J was part of Heisei
It's been plainly obvious for a long time that the Showa/Heisei division doesn't line up with when Emperor Akihito ascended to the throne in 1989. Heisei Riders are Kuuga onwards. Part of it is that large gap where Kamen Rider wasn't on TV, it led to the revival series having a different tone than the originals, which is part of what this movie attempted to point out. Showa Riders are a lot of angry, stoic manly-men, while Heisei Riders tend to be more sensitive and loving.

That's why Hongo calls them weak. They're sentimental for lost comrades; whereas heroes of his generation would simply get mad for an episode and move on, a very large amount of Heisei Riders have "someone died/is no longer here and it's broken my heart" as a core aspect of their motivations.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

tr0jance wrote:Just Wondering, This movie has two versions right?, did you uploaded both, I haven't watch it yet, so I'm not reading any comments.
The only difference is the endings. You watch Part A first and then watch either ending.
cr4y88
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by cr4y88 »

No DDL yet? Can't download torrent in here :(

Thx for the awesome work TV-Nihon
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

narshkajke wrote:Wow, I really like the inclusion of Faiz in this movie, Kento Handa really look matured since the last time I saw him on Faiz 10 years ago.
Though I really think that he's not that close with Kusaka, so close that he blame himself for his death, not to mention Kusaka is a dick like always, even in his dying breath he is still a dick, cross that Even after he's dead he still a dick.

The ending is not that good for both showa and heisei, why keep the fighting between riders if you gonna end it on a peaceful note??
The protecting the flower bits is cheesy, and the waiting for the full power finisher is kinda weird, I thought the general rule of Kamen rider is you have to wait for the finisher, the henshin, the catchphrase to end, no matter how long and impractical it's going to be:D
Whoa. Isn't it should be credited to Kohei-san praised for his roles ever since Faiz
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

This may be a stupid question but why do we not see Stronger Powered Up in any of the later visual media?
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

TankCoyote wrote:This may be a stupid question but why do we not see Stronger Powered Up in any of the later visual media?

Lack of suit maybe? I imagine a lot of the original Showa suits might not be around anymore or even usable due to age, with it being nearly forty years since the airing of Stronger. The Hesei suits were probably kept in better condition and aren't nearly as old so they can still use them. At least thats what I think. That or Toei just doesn't care.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

TankCoyote wrote:This may be a stupid question but why do we not see Stronger Powered Up in any of the later visual media?
It's on par with an Ultimate Form as far as power....well probably. Ultimates are a Heisei thing. That and they probably don't have the suit anymore.
cr4y88
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by cr4y88 »

Oh I got it Thx petrkr for the DDL Links :)

btw Showa Ending is way better than Heisei Ending. Heisei Ending is just .....

Good story tho
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Re: Heisei Showa Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai Relea

Post by darkmage02 »

takenoko wrote:
I don't think we need another Kamen Rider Taisen, but this was fun as it is. Next year, just do Kamen Rider Blade 10 Years After featuring Heisei Kamen Riders, and I think I'll be happy.

THAT NEED TO HAPPEN. I mean they brought him back during Decade's final, which mean there's a huge possibility they could bring him back for 1 movie at least. Best if they can bring back all 4 Blade riders, or at least Hajime. Maybe give Kenzaki a resolution to his story; to be cursed to walk Earth for all eternity seem really cruel.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Now, this is not to say this movie did not have issues... But I've come to accept that there's going to be a lot of plot or motivation issues in any crossover movie, be it Rider crossovers, Rider x Sentai crossovers, Sentai x Metal Hero, or Sentai x Rider x Metal Hero... That being said I think this is the best crossover film I've seen since End of Decade (excluding Gaim and TOQger which was a TV special instead of a movie special so there's my excuse :V )

Course part of that may be my bias for my strong feelings for Kamen Rider Faiz. He gets so little love in most crossover events, and to see a whole movie theme plot tied in to Faiz just, give me warm fuzzies. Not to mention there being a reason for the two sides to fight OTHER than one so stupid and unexplained that they know it's an evil plot. The action scenes were creative enough most of the time that it wasn't just punch, punch, explosion, flip, and they did a nice job modernizing the Showa rider transformations.

As for the difference in Rider endings... I really think the Showa ending was more of an after thought. The Heisei ending felt like it took more consideration than just JRPG like waiting your turn :V
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Hey, did I miss the part in Faiz where Takumi & Kusaka suddenly became best friends? I mean, The early Faiz parts were cool, definately a highlight of the film. But if Takumi had to mourn over someone, why on earth did it have to be Kusaka? Hell, I'd believe it way more if he was mourning over Kiba instead, or that kid that became the Orpenoch King. It's especially jarring when Takumi decides to try & keep everyone else from stopping Badan, just because Kusaka told him to.
Wish there was more of a point to 'Mari' than just "Hey, she has the same name as the girl from Faiz!".
And as for the flashback; I'll just take that as a dream or a recurring nightmare Takumi has.

Tsukasa: Heisei Riders sure are hard to get along with.
You're one to talk Tsukasa.

Haruto: If you give into despair...I'll be your hope.
Shut up Haruto, nobody wants you to be their hope.

And I'm sure the Heisei Riders are the only people in the entire world who think about their lost loved ones, so this is obviously all their fault.

Hey, just wondering, shouldn't it be "Technique of Ichigou", instead of "Ichigou of Technique"?

Even though it's a shame they couldn't get Masaki Suda back to play Philip (didn't he win some kind of "rising star" award?), pretty much all of Shoutarou's lines & scenes were great.

And finally, can we just quit it with the whole "Fighting eachother for no adequately explained reason" schtick? Why can't our heroes be just that, huh? Goddamned heroes! Why do they have to fight eachother to the death? Are you not entertained?!
Last edited by HarryFA1 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Except Takumi and Kusaka aren't best friends. Takumi contextualizes their relationship in the movie by saying that he didn't even like the guy very much or thought he was a creep.

And "Ichigou of Technique" is Ichigou's nickname. Nigou's is "Nigou of Power". And V3 is "V3 of Technique and Power".
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

I think the movie could have been better if only featured actors appear. Like for Kabuto and Ryuki, just don't show them. They distract you from the good stuff and waste the time where more awesome stuff (Shotaro) could have happen. The potential for the movie is actually pretty good but it must have been ruined just to feature ALL the freaking Riders who are voiced by terrible actors anyway
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

takenoko wrote:Except Takumi and Kusaka aren't best friends. Takumi contextualizes their relationship in the movie by saying that he didn't even like the guy very much or thought he was a creep.
Which is why I find it so strange that Takumi would even care that much. Certainly not enough for him to be thinking about Kusaka 10 years after the fact. Like I said, he was way closer to Kiba, & even though he went a bit crazy at the end, I feel it would've been much more plausible for Takumi to be thinking about him instead of the guy who tried to ruin/end his life several times.
takenoko wrote:And "Ichigou of Technique" is Ichigou's nickname. Nigou's is "Nigou of Power". And V3 is "V3 of Technique and Power".
Ah, ok, that makes sense now.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”