Such a fruit
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai Released

Post by Lunagel »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Taisen

It's not really featuring so much as "hey these guys show up for like 5 minutes". And man, Takeshi Hongo was only on for like 10 minutes. I'm pretty sure Ohba Kenji got more screen time in the last team up with Gavan and he wasn't even a main character.

Well, it started out promising, with Kabuto vs Stronger and of course we prove that Kabuto is indeed strongest. But it's really not a good sign when they can't get Fourze back for a measly 5 lines of dialogue. It was only 2 years ago guys, have something in their contracts about voiceover work at least.

So the world is in peril again and Decade shows up again. I have to say, I like him much better since the series has ended as he's actually grown somewhat as an actor and isn't a complete stick anymore. Hey Narutaki! I'm pretty sure the only thing people want to hear you say anymore is "onore dikeido" and yep, he says it twice. Anything else is just so much white noise.

The Faiz bits were nice but kinda unnecessary? I mean, I like seeing the actor again but he got a hell of a lot of time onscreen and the show was 10 years ago so I have to wonder what the kids thought. Probably not a lot, they were a lot more vocal during the more recent riders and kinda fidgeting in their seats during the Faiz parts. And I'm sorry, the quickest way to turn me off of an episode or a movie is to have a kid as the central part of the plot because it's dubious as to whether or not the kid can act and most of the time it just boils down to a "make sure you love your parents/kids" message. If I wanted a message with my children's tv shows, I'd watch Sonic.

Overall while it wasn't a bad movie there were too many long dialogue scenes followed by long fighting scenes and it just gets kinda long and tedious, especially when the movie clocks in at almost 2 hours. And I'm sorry, the ending fight between Ichigo and Gaim was just bullshit. Plus the suits are probably the ugliest I've ever seen in the history of KR. Especially Gaim Ichigou. Ew.

People probably won't remember this by the time the DVD gets released but at this point in the series, Kouta still doesn't know that Micchi is Takatora's brother. And yet Micchi goes "Okay, Niisan!" *facepalm*
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Heisei Showa Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai Relea

Post by takenoko »

Man, Kamen Rider Taisen was the epilogue to Faiz that I never knew I wanted. They really made the most out of bringing Takumi and Kusaka back.

Decade was great in this. Shoutarou felt a bit underused, but he had a few good lines.

Trimming the Super Sentai fat off the Super Hero Taisen formula really helped. Yet they still stuck it on... and even that little bit felt unnecessary. At least the story felt a bit more cohesive than in the previous Taisen formulas.

That said, the reason for them fighting is still Ichigou coming up with hair brained schemes to feign being dead. It's no less stupid than when it was used in Super Hero Taisen, guys.

And the Heisei win scene is pretty goofy. The Showa one is a bit better, but it's really just the difference of maybe one scene. Nothing like knowing your choice really didn't matter to let the air out of that decision.

I don't think we need another Kamen Rider Taisen, but this was fun as it is. Next year, just do Kamen Rider Blade 10 Years After featuring Heisei Kamen Riders, and I think I'll be happy.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Does anyone know who the stunt actor cameos are in this movie?

The two workers at the beginning are Niibori Kazuo and Takaiwa Seiji.

I think the hostage taker is Tominaga Kenji. The drunk at Jin's is Okamoto Jirou?

But what about 新島勝夫, Ogura Toshihiro, Fuku Matsumi, and Watabe Ryuuhei who are also listed on the Japanese wiki?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Let's see how many recycled plot devices are used in this movie.

1. Defeated Riders became Lock Seeds which was previously done in Movie Wars 2010 where the Riders became Decade Card Bitches
2. One group of Riders fooling another group of Riders thinking they are the enemy (Super Hero Taisen)
3. Reversing life and death (Saraba Den-O)

Having the Super Sentai guys there was really unnecessary for the most part. They were only there because the big CGI baddie was a huge ass T-Rex and the current Sentai was train based and since it's train based, let's have them team up with the KR train guy. Speaking of the Toqgers, was this the first time they fought baddies unsuited?

Hey Haruto, how does it feel that Faiz got more screen time than you did even though you were the most recent Rider until Gaim?

The endings were nothing special. I totally wanted one side just beat the other side up not this "not war but peace" we got instead. Also I thought there were separate songs for each ending but it was the same for both of them. What's up with that?

I really like the Faiz part of the movie except for one thing. The way that Kusaka died in the movie wasn't the same as what happened in the series. So is this an alternate version of Faiz and not the one we know from the TV series?

The blunder of Ryugen calling Zangtesu "Niisan!" when they were next to Kouta was just someone not paying attention.

Kaito should hook up with the turtle guy in the live action version of Sailor Moon.

I really hope that they will stop making these types of movies for a long awhile and really think of how to make a good one.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

It's a good movie. You know? I think Showa ending is much better than Heisei's.
Phoenix512 wrote:The way that Kusaka died in the movie wasn't the same as what happened in the series. So is this an alternate version of Faiz and not the one we know from the TV series?
Alternate death of Kusaka Masato? Yes.

After all Sentai and Riders appeared from (Decade) dimension in Super Hero Taisen, All Riders appeared from Helheim Forest in this movie. Always with sempai's secret plan.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's been forever since I saw Faiz. What was different?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Original Kusaka death

Spoiler
Kiba broke Kusaka's neck not burn him with a blue fireball. Also Takumi never saw Kusaka die since he was nowhere near where Kusaka and Kiba were fighting but did find his ashes on the beach.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Just want to start off with - how the frak are the Kureshimas working with Kouta and co.? There's just so many reasons that can't work at that point in the show.

Longer collection of thoughts:
Spoiler
  1. Spoiler
    That was Tendou? The voice sounded.. I thought it was Kouta at first.
    Dang funny, though.
  2. Spoiler
    Tendou, Stronger had you on the ropes with "Electro Fire" :P
    You godmodded that.
  3. Spoiler
    Oh man, Fourze sounds like crap. Is Sota Fukushi really so busy that he couldn't do this?
    21 hrs · Like
  4. Spoiler
    Hi Tsukasa..
    HI HONGO!
  5. Spoiler
    And, Hongo ignores Kouta's group that he's so concerned over.. to beat up thugs.
    'kay.
  6. Spoiler
    That fight was cool, though.
    21 hrs · Like
  7. Spoiler
    This "What's a Rider?" convo feels so odd given that Gaim was in the Wizard special and they told him what a Rider was and..... blurg.
  8. Spoiler
    ಠ_ರ

9. Spoiler
    It just breaks all Kureshima law!
  10. Spoiler
    Stopped for a second to grab some fruit juice (hurr) and huh...
    http://wiki.tvnihon.com/w/images/0/0a/K ... akaiwa.jpg

Kind of an odd thing for Mr. Red to turn up in. XD
  11. Spoiler
    Of course Kouta covers his heart XD
    20 hrs · Like
  12. Spoiler
    Kento Handa looks less biker-like now than in 2003.
    20 hrs · Like · 2
  13. Spoiler
    Do we really need to see Kaito find a turtle? Really?!
    20 hrs · Like · 2
  14. Spoiler
    Takumi's whole subplot so far feels like a G-rated Faiz novel. XP
    20 hrs · Like · 3
  15. Spoiler
    And this is why your belt, while looking cool, isn't practical:
    19 hrs · Like · 2
  16. Spoiler
    This villain plot made more sense in Den-O...
    19 hrs · Like · 2
  17. Spoiler
    Shoutarou fighting the Blacks...
    [sighs audibly]
    19 hrs · Like · 2
  18. Spoiler
    - 00:54:10
    oh, thank Godoka.
    19 hrs · Like
  19. Spoiler
    My thoughts exactly:
    19 hrs · Like · 1
  20. Spoiler
    :(
    "Agito..."
    18 hrs · Edited · Like · 2
  21. Spoiler
    Amazon's just standing there and I can only imagine how they got him to go along with this junk. <_>
    18 hrs · Like · 2
  22. Spoiler
    "PAPA, NEO FANGIRES!"
    18 hrs · Like · 2
  23. Spoiler
    ಠ_ರ

18 hrs · Like · 2
  24. Spoiler
    Hi, Ryusei Ryo, so glad you and your dino could stop by for really no real reason...
    "But, a dinosaur enemy"
    It still came out of nowhere!
    18 hrs · Like · 3
  25. Spoiler
    Kusaka: "Let me live so that I can reeaallllyyy enact that Faiz novel!" *slasher smile*
    18 hrs · Like · 2
  26. Spoiler
    Huh.. GaimxWizard referen--

Haha, yes!
    18 hrs · Edited · Like · 2
  27. Spoiler
    Oh my god, just end already so I can go to sleep.
    18 hrs · Like · 2
  28. Spoiler
    Finally, the movie's over!
    Just got the endings to watch....
    18 hrs · Like · 2
  29. Spoiler
    Watched both endings - I suppose the Showa one was aiming for a better message but neither of them really felt satisfying.

This film needed some Hard Lemonade. \:
    14 mins · Like
  30. Spoiler
    Also aw, poor Shin was running in the credits.
    5 mins · Like
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:[*]
Spoiler
Oh man, Fourze sounds like crap. Is Sota Fukushi really so busy that he couldn't do this?

If I remember correcting Sota was in several movies around that time plus he's also in a manga adapation movie called Kamisama no Iutoori.
Crimzonite
Mega

Re: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai Released

Post by Crimzonite »

I never thought I'd see the day when Riderman uses his Machine Gun Arm onscreen. ^-^
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

Man this movie was a mess. The reason for fighting was asinine, I mean it would have made more sense for the Showa riders wanting to test the Hesei riders strength and if they could retire in peace or something. Fifteen was just lame and his suit actor really seemed to have trouble moving in the suit, there are a number of times that you can see the other suit actors waiting for him to finish moving to appropriate spot. Not to mention his Arm changes is completely underused. I think the only new Arm we saw was Decade arms. I get budget constraints but still, the idea behind him is that he can transform into all past Hesei riders yet he only goes back to Decade for Arms and uses Hibiki's weapon.

Also we really didn't need Daigo and ToQ showing up. Not to mention there was a secret leader of Badon (sp?) came out of nowhere. I mean he had one line, I think, before he turned into a random flaming skeleton dinosaur.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Badan's supreme commander was in ZX's special.

Personally, I think that was a fun movie. I see no reason to complain, except maybe the thing with Faiz and Kaixa, but putting flashback from the actual series would probably be weird, because of the difference in the making (filming, screen format, etc). It also allowed people that didn't saw the series to understand the thing with Takumi and Kusaka.

So I'm not disappointed with this movie. I imagined it differently, but I liked it for what it was, and not for what it could have been or not been. Maybe the next one will be even better.
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by CeronosLive »

This made me lol.
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

Mandalori wrote:Badan's supreme commander was in ZX's special.

Wow this guy was a long time coming in his reveal then. I really should look into the Showa stuff because him showing up would have made a lot more sense if I had seen the ZX special.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

AGhghguogofsdghjsdhurioertygffdf...where do I begin with this movie? There are so many plotholes, nonsensical moments, unexplained events and MORE scanning shots during the action scenes, which go on forever and gets EXTREMELY boring! GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Too many plotholes...there's so many I can't even begin to list them. The most glaring ones are Ichgo's plan, the Badan Empire's plan, the reason why the Badan empire is invading and the kid himself. Ichigo really couldn't just go up to every rider and say "Hey, badness is coming and I need help. Wanna help?". Would've been much easier! Also, if the Badan empire was dead and they wanted to resurrect themselves, how were they able to invade the surface? That just makes no sense whatsoever. Also, the reason why the Badan empire is invading is because the Heisei riders want their dead to come back to life and that's why they fight? I'm pretty sure the Showa riders did that too. Lastly, where did the kids get his powers from? I don't know, and neither do the creators apparently. Also he can flip things around. Woo.

OH GOODY! A FREAKING KID IN A KAMEN RIDER MOVIE. WHY, WE'VE NEVER SEEN THAT ONE BEFORE. Oh, and he's a living Macguffin? EVEN BETTER!

Both endings sucked. Gaim wants to save a flower? REALLY? And Ichigo wants to see Gaim's full strength? AND WHY DOESN'T GAIM ATTACK HIM? AND WHY DON'T THEY HAVE AN ACTUAL BATTLE?!?!?! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Hi pointless Sentai! Bye pointless Sentai!

Hi Takeshi Hongo! Goodbye Takeshi Hongo!

Wait, why is Shoutarou becoming Joker? I thought Phillip was alive at the end of Double...whatever.

Honestly, the only good thing in this movie is the Faiz subplot, which, albeit pointless, was handled pretty well. Although why they chose Faiz is beyond me.

Toei, please figure out how to make good movies. PLEASE. IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS. JUST MAKE SOMETHING GOOD! IT ISN'T HARD!!!

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”