Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai Released

Such a fruit
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai Released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

chcoman123 wrote:Wait, why is Shoutarou becoming Joker?
'cause, Joker is awesome.
Mandalori wrote:It also allowed people that didn't saw the series to understand the thing with Takumi and Kusaka.
I'd imagine it'd just confuse them though, if/when they go see Faiz itself and realize that the whole circumstances were remarkably different.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Is the girl who played Mari was young Mari and young Kanzaki Yui from Ryuki? Haha and Tominaga-san was injured bandit and Jirou-san was injured , Takaiwa-san was co-worker, it's kinda nice cameo with suits actors on the screen as an extra while they out of the suits

I realize Decade's favorite Final Form Ride was Agito Machine Tornader plus he didn't have any bike here( probably stole by DiEnd), it's funny Kouta giving him Rose Attacker and not Sakura Hurricane, Pink suit him should be.

It's nice to see Agito Trinity again, since it only appeared 2 times on the series.

This movie more to Number 1-5 Rider Themes, example 1-gou(1), X(5), ZX(10), Faiz(555), Decade(10), Wizard(Five fingers), and Gaim(15). I don't considered Fifteen was a Rider because he looks more Kaijin to me rather than Rider
Last edited by kyoichikiller90 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeonZ
Adventure

Re: Heisei Showa Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai Relea

Post by NeonZ »

Phoenix512 wrote:I really like the Faiz part of the movie except for one thing. The way that Kusaka died in the movie wasn't the same as what happened in the series. So is this an alternate version of Faiz and not the one we know from the TV series?
They changed Kusaka's death, but Takumi's first lines are directly referencing the last episode of Faiz, so the only thing that seems to be changed compared to the real series is Kusaka's death itself. I guess they did that to reinforce the whole "Heisei Riders want to bring back the dead" concept that this movie tried to force into working.

I really wish Shirakura stopped trying to make Hero vs Hero movies, especially since he never actually goes to the end with it...
Veryl
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Favorite Band: supercell
My boom: Miku, Persona

Post by Veryl »

Parts of it were really fun, but the rest was a let down :(.

The first half was actually pretty good, seeing the returning actors was definitely the highlight of the movie for me. It's pretty special when you realize how long it's been since we've seen them in Rider. Sends chills when you see these returning actors henshin again (Shotaro <3), absolutely loved those parts. Shame there wasn't a group henshin scene though (all of them together).

But god do I hate Kamiya Hiroshi's voice in this. Voices like a third of the characters, and it's still blatantly Kamiya Hiroshi every time. From watching alot of anime, his voice is really recognizable so its disconcerting, especially for Fourze- even if it is a stand-in. At least Tomokazu Seki's stuff isn't distracting (Badan Leader, Stronger, Amazon etc)

The 555/X storyline was great, I really wish future Rider films would follow that formula, it makes actors returning a lot more meaningful than simple cameos. They can always bring the suit back and give it a voice (every taisen movie -_-), but it's rare that they get actors from 10, 20 years ago. So when they use the opportunity to make their appearance meaningful to their respective series, it makes it a lot more special.

Annnd then it collapsed in the 2nd half. Commence checklist of mandatory taisen film tropes. Fake killing/revival of characters? check. Pointless cameos? check. Giant robot fights b/c why not? check.

I love TOQger but their cameo was utterly pointless, took me out of the film completely. Same with the other Gaim riders, I know they're pushing it since it's their "latest" series, but I'd have been fine with Decade and 555 leading the movie. But that's the way it's always gonna be I suppose.

The endings made me laugh, I can't even believe those are real. Hope they do better with the next one. There's some great character moments in these films with the interactions, it just gets completely overshadowed by their insistence to incorporate these awful tropes. It should be meaningful for the actors to come back, give them something meaningful to do T_T, otherwise it's just a waste. They won't always be able to bring people back, so make the best of it when you can :/ it should be about their characters, not about the suits, the suits can always be used. The actors can't be.
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Klanoyt »

Whatever Decade was holding and eating during the scene in the café... I want that, badly.

And Kusaka... damn you. You managed to get my blood boiling in just a few seconds of appearance.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Shoutarou's probably transforming into Joker since they didn't bring back the actor for Philip.

Mari's played by Miyoshi Ai. I don't see any toku credits to her name, at least not on her Japanese wiki:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%89% ... F%E4%BE%9D
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

The part which irritated me the most was Black and Black RX fighting together. They are the same guy, and it took DiEnd summoning RX from another dimension to get them side by side the last time.

Onore Diendoooooo
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

dancercotillion wrote:The part which irritated me the most was Black and Black RX fighting together. They are the same guy, and it took DiEnd summoning RX from another dimension to get them side by side the last time.

Onore Diendoooooo
This....This so much. Just have him be able to switch back and forth between Black and RX or something...or make RX his ultimate form...but having them fight together just reeks of "We don't care, it's just cool"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Quiet! The Showa needs the padding or the numbers will be more ridiculous by comparison!

Padding, padding, padding~
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

the endings for the Kamen Rider Taisen.. were... meh
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

I've tolerated the typical, "We knew your plan all along" plot for years now. After this, my tolerance has become razor thin.

That being said, I always enjoy seeing the original actors (or actresses) return to their roles. Even if it is for only a few minutes.

The Badan Empire doesn't look like it's gotten any stronger since its last encounter in the ZX Special.

Like others, my favorite part of the movie was the Faiz storyline. It just allowed Takumi to have a great post-series follow up.

And yeah, I wished the final fight between the Showa (my favorite) vs Heisei would have ended with a more all-balls beat down. But then I have to remember who the target audience are.
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)
Type: INFP Healer

Post by tr0jance »

Just Wondering, This movie has two versions right?, did you uploaded both, I haven't watch it yet, so I'm not reading any comments.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

takenoko wrote:Quiet! The Showa needs the padding or the numbers will be more ridiculous by comparison!

Padding, padding, padding~

But RX was pre-Heisei, and Shin ZO and J was part of Heisei
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Re: Heisei Showa Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai Relea

Post by HyperDrake »

takenoko wrote:It's been forever since I saw Faiz. What was different?
Aside from the story-related ones, another difference (inconsistency) is Takumi being able to transform into Blaster Form without SB-555T Faiz Blaster. As far as I remember, the same thing also goes for Kenzaki being able to transform into King Form without Rouze Absorber and Category Queen and King of Spade (in Decade eps. 31).

Anyway, I only watch this kind of all-super-heroes-in-one-universe movie just for the fighting scenes and nostalgic feelings which comes from seeing previous series' riders in action. As for the story itself, my stance is clear: movies/SP/whatever' stories which are inconsistent with the original series' are not to be taken seriously because they're not canon. Thanks to that stance of mine, the inconsistencies that almost always accompany most later productions (all-heroes-in-one-universe ones to be specific) never bother me too much.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

DAMN YOU DECADE!

Why are you Riders so damn awesome?!?!?

Most people in this thread already covered the good and the bad. I don't think I have anything left to add, but the above joke was just amazing. It made me lol so hard.

I think they just realised that Narutaki's character makes absolutely no sense, so the figured they might as well keep him as nonsensical as humanly possible.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”