Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai Released

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, I felt like he had his closure with Kiba (plus Kiba did turn into a monster in the last part of the series). Whereas Kusaka just kind of died tragically. Plus Kusaka was just an ordinary human under the suit. Even in show. Takumi is way more horrified at discovering Kusaka's death than he is with Kiba's.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

But he actually caused Kiba's death when he Rider Kicked the Orphenoch King. So that could've lead to him being regretful over that.

Also, did anyone notice Faiz fighting one of Orphenoch from Lucky Clover? Funnily enough, the one that was hiding away with the Orphenoch King at the end of the series.
Last edited by HarryFA1 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

I thought this movie was awesome. Dunno maybe i'm getting use to expect long drawn out plots and am actually enjoying them now. Dunno... I really liked this movie.

thanks for subbing it.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

You know what was a missed opportunity for this movie? Why, Fifteen vs Kamen Rider Skull.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Finally watched the film! I was super excited for it, but now that I have watched it I'm having pretty much mixed feeling about it, thanks to the Faiz part. Sure enough, main highlight for me is seeing Takumi again (he is my fav Rider of all time) and I'm glad his role in the film was quite prominent and not some cameo (*coughs* Wizard *coughs*). His part is also the beef-iest in the entire film compared to other returning characters. However, it's full of so many jarring plotholes.

1. Kaixa's death. Really wish they did just use footages from the original series instead of recreating it. It bothers the daylights out of me throughout the entire film.

2. Autovajin. That thing was supposed to be reduced to junk metal by the Orphenorch King.

3. Even in the series, Takumi was pretty disturbed by Kusaka's death. But they weren't exactly that buddy enough that he did rather destroy the entire world just to revive him.

4. Not even a slight tinge of surprise that the girl's name is Mari, which is the same as THE Mari from the series?

5. How on earth did he manage to get into Blaster Mode without using the Faiz Blaster?

There are many other things this film did wrong, but for all it's worth, it's still pretty fun seeing some old faces.
Both endings sucked. Gaim wants to save a flower? REALLY? And Ichigo wants to see Gaim's full strength? AND WHY DOESN'T GAIM ATTACK HIM? AND WHY DON'T THEY HAVE AN ACTUAL BATTLE?!?!?! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Seriously? I get you're trying to make a point but take a freaking chill pill. Spamming GAHH on your keyboard won't make the film any better since you hate it so much. Stop being such a drama queen

Kusaka - dead for 10 years, still a major asshole that with just a few lines in the movie itself, all my hatred for him got revived.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

Yeah, the major points have pretty much been covered already. Generally a good film, nice action but with the usual problems trying to justify why all the Riders are here and why they're all fighting each other. Great to see Tsukasa and Shotaro again though, but I have officially given up on waiting for them to explain just what Narutaki's deal is! :P I haven't seen any of 555 yet but I've got it all downloaded waiting for me to get around to it - after watching Takumi in this film I might just be inspired enough to finally get started on it...

I think I've learned now not to try and rationalize everything with these big crossover movies. Best to just enjoy the little things here and there. Fifteen, whose suit does look cool. Seeing Joker again (though as much as I love him, they probably could've still used W at those points even without Philip's actor. Just have Shotaro say "Let's go, Philip" like he always did and then transform with both Memories.) All the little cartoon bikes riding by during the credits, then seeing poor Shin running along... :lol: And I will never, ever tire of Shotaro's cat impressions!

Oh yeah, one last thing: 12:24 - 12:42, Kouta grabbing Orange Arms from the air and using it as a spinning shield... pure awesomeness. Somebody needs to make a flippin' GIF of that and they need to do it right flippin' now! 8)
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

But then they couldn't do the Black jokes with Joker with Philip was there as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

JustiFan wrote:Oh yeah, one last thing: 12:24 - 12:42, Kouta grabbing Orange Arms from the air and using it as a spinning shield... pure awesomeness. Somebody needs to make a flippin' GIF of that and they need to do it right flippin' now! 8)
http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/post/973328 ... amen-rider

There you go. Like and reblog if it pleases you.
Kamen Rider
Gabu
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
My boom: Gaim
Quote: おばあちゃんはこう言ってた。天の道を行き、総てを司る男………俺の名は天道総司

Post by Kamen Rider »

I came up with a theory that Takumi in this movie is an "alternate ver.". The creators wanted to stress that, that is why they re-shot Kusaka's death. That's also why Autovajin is still there and why Mari and Keitarou did not show up.
555 spoiler:
Spoiler
If I remember correctly, the original Takumi did not want to make clothes white...that was Keitarou's dream.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Didn't Takumi adopt Mari and Keitarou's dream in the end of the series? I feel like he said those words as one of his final things.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Kamen Rider wrote:I came up with a theory that Takumi in this movie is an "alternate ver.". The creators wanted to stress that, that is why they re-shot Kusaka's death. That's also why Autovajin is still there and why Mari and Keitarou did not show up.
555 spoiler:
Spoiler
If I remember correctly, the original Takumi did not want to make clothes white...that was Keitarou's dream.
takenoko wrote:Didn't Takumi adopt Mari and Keitarou's dream in the end of the series? I feel like he said those words as one of his final things.
Yeah in the end Takumi said he's going to make all the clothes in the world white, finally having a dream to call his own (albeit an adopted one).

I don't think this is the alt-version of Takumi, it just doesn't make sense cause every other Riders are the original version (the Black & RX thing is extremely half-assed tho) so it can't be that just Takumi's an alt. More like the creators recreate that scene so as to fit Faiz into the whole movie's storyline. I just wish they didn't.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

It's just a mild retcon to strengthen the theme in the film. Takumi says he doesn't understand why he got to survive, having nothing to live for, while passionate, driven Kusaka turned into a pile of dusty ashes. So give them a moment together rather than Takumi discovering Kusaka's corpse after or however it played out, so Kusaka could get in one final dig which haunts Takumi for a decade after.

I thought it worked pretty well.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

And really it doesn't feel like that much of a retcon in the long run. True it might have worked better if it was Kiba who was coming back, or Kiba who died despite having goals and a passion... but also Kiba wouldn't be as much of a creep and jerk trying to guilt trip Takumi into letting him come back to life at the cost of EVERY OTHER LIVING PERSON.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno. Would you say that there are more alive people now than who have died in the course of history so far? If it's a pure numbers game, maybe the greater good would be to let all the dead come back to life?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

But life is for the living. The future is for the children. You bring a bunch of dead dudes back to life you have a world of old people who already had their shot. And it's not like they'd come back to life young and able to have kids. It'd just be a world of old people with old ideas, and kids angry that they died young... and a ton of soldiers from the Civil War... and World War 1... and World War 2... And okay now my argument is falling apart cause there's a ton of people who have died at an age where in, if brought back they could have children and future generations.

That being said, it's not the time for those who died already. The dead are dead, and we can mourn them or w can leave them be. But the world is not for the dead, but for the living. Even if you don't know what you do with your life, you gotta live for tomorrow. That's the whole point of life ending, it makes the next tomorrow that so much more important.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”