Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: KR Gaim 25 released

Post by Dengar »

What was she called again? "first woman"? It might be an allusion to Eve... Or maybe... Pandora?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

If I recall correctly, Pandora was said to be made of gold, or something like that. Also, the Other Mai got a shade of white that could be mistaken for gold with a little IMAGINAAAAAAAATION. So she could be both. I think Eve's and Pandora's myth are similar. After all, they're the one blamed for everything bad on Earth in those myths, but it's not like they were the only one at fault. For example, don't say to someone to not open the box/eat the fruit without explain the reason behind it, since we all know that we'll be curious enough to do it anyway. It's not like those reasons were a super-secret anyway. So it's the Creator's fault (not Decade's this time Narutaki).
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Pandora wasn't made of gold. She was physically created by Zeus and the other gods but not of gold.

The Pandora myth and Eve are vaguely similar. Pandora unleashed all of the evils of the world from a box whereas Eve is blamed for all the evils of the world because she (and Adam, frankly) got kicked out of Paradise so humanity has to suffer instead of live in an utopia. Pandora's definitely not ever been referenced as any kind of "first woman" and there's no mention of any fruit in the myth. I think we're looking at the story of the Garden of Eden given what we've seen so far (first woman, snake, forbidden fruit). I might be willing to entertain the idea of it referring to the Trojan War but I'd say it's overwhelmingly Eden thus far.

What's interesting to me is the frontrunners for the fruit. Kaito seeks it for sheer power. Micchi wants authority, Takatora wants to be obeyed. God only knows what Professor Ryoma and the other two want, possibly to rule the world? It's only Kouta who seems to have pure motives of saving the world, though this could be out of guilt from the deaths of Hase and Yuuya.

Man it's been a while since KR made me think this deeply about morality and mythology.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

So this is basically all Mari's fault! It's Faiz and Kiva all over again! Damn you feminist women for ruining everything!
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Mandalori »

Lunagel wrote:Pandora wasn't made of gold. She was physically created by Zeus and the other gods but not of gold.

Then who was made of gold? I remember that there is one, but I don't remember who.

Another thought that crossed my mind, DJ Sagara seemed like he could switch between real appearance and holographic one, so maybe he was never there all along.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

There's plenty of golden apples, but no gold women in Greek, Roman, Norse, Egyptian, or Japanese myths. Maybe there's a Mesopotamian one but I doubt it. I think you're thinking of Goldfinger.
bluegreen
Infinity

Post by bluegreen »

Mandalori wrote:
Lunagel wrote:Pandora wasn't made of gold. She was physically created by Zeus and the other gods but not of gold.

Then who was made of gold? I remember that there is one, but I don't remember who.
King Midas turned his daughter to gold when he touched her...maybe that's what you are thinking of.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Mandalori »

I don't know, I thought Pandora mean "all gold" or something like that, but I do remember that the fact she was made of gold was in her name. And I never heard about Goldfinder, so I don't think it was her.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Goldfinger was a James Bond villain. Pan does mean "all", but does "dora" mean gold? Looking it up, Pandora's name means "all gift".
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Only in Japan will you see a show have characters embrace their feminine side. That scene with Oren and Jounouchi was hilarious only because it's something you dont see often in a show. I was surprised to hear that they actually don't know what's going on either. I guess they are going to have to get serious soon especially now that Oren knows what's up with those zipper portals. And yeah, DJ Sagara seems to be trolling everyone now. Just who the hell is he?
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Oren face-turn: clearly possible. When he showed up in Goro-chan's fruit bar, his expression told me everything; Oren really does care about Jounouchi, and wants him to grow up into what he thinks is a correct man. I was expecting him to say something like "you finally get it" when Jounouchi had his meltdown at Charmant about how he's just a big ol' faker, but instead he's just "you're an idiot, of course you don't know what you want."

And Kouta admitting that he, also, has no idea what he's doing but is just forging ahead anyway, even though it means he's keeping secrets from everyone, alienating his friends, and might even get killed. The feels.
miryoku
Adventure
Quote: Blacking tosh.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by miryoku »

This was a pretty good chapter, so Helheim is the Garden of Eden, First woman is Eve and DJ is the creator? XD
Or maybe he is someone who was cursed by the forest itself so he also get to see all the worlds that the forests had devoured and all the previous winners of the forbidden fruit.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

As far as I recall, in Greek mythology, before Pandora, Mankind was literally, Mankind. (in fact, Mankind went through at least two earlier iterations before arriving at their current form) Prometheus stole Fire from the Gods and gave it to Man. Zeus wasn't very amused by this, so he created a woman and gave her to Prometheus's brother Epimetheus, as a "present" along with a box or jar that Pandora was explicitly told not to open. The rest is history.

Ryouma mentioned that Helheim's forest is a possible origin for all similar legends and myths, so it's possible that this "First Woman" is also the origin of Eve, Pandora, and any similar stories. Of course, this "real history" has, in the Gaim universe, been misinterpreted a lot, so it's possible the "real" first woman isn't really all that bad.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Fun episode. We hadn't seen Jounouchi and Oren in a while. I wonder what Bravo would think of the overlords? It would be cool if he a ate a fruit and became one.

So is the ultimate fruit a golden apple? That's what the professor seems to think but we haven't seen it yet. In the past, Sagara seemed to imply that the forest itself chose who would get the fruit. That should be interesting to see.
kamenriderika
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by kamenriderika »

I have a question about the transalation.

I keep hearing "homo" as if it was translation of "genuine". I don't now japanese but I know that they call gays "homo". Did I just mishear it?

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”