Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kr Gaim 27 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Gaim_27

Well, never say Kamen Rider doesn't provide fan service for girls. Butts, check. Ryouma in glasses, check. Ryouma and Takatora having some angsty bro relationship, check. I think I've got a bingo!

I wish I could get mad at my boss and not need to wear glasses anymore

Oh rad. Kouta wandering around and ingesting the Helheim fruit is kind of neat. When the super powers combine with world-building and plot, man, that's the best.

Looks like Oren really went in the Crack without his belt. And all this time I figured he was keeping it in hammer space or whatever. Wait, what? He transformed.

I like that Takatora convinces Kouta to fight the Overlords by being a reasonable dude about it. Kouta, you do realize that's what Kaito is doing, right?

The out of sync conversation between Takatora and Ryouma is pretty good. They would probably understand each other if they just said something different, but instead they're both focused so tightly on their own personal goals that they completely miss each other. Well, the denseness more comes on Ryouma's side of things. I also like the way Ryouma sounds like the cold-hearted businessman with the "cut the costs, mass produce it as soon as possible" but then appends it with "so that we can save as many people as possible". It's a nice juxtaposition of altruism and bottomline business jargon.

It's so great that in a series full of great character development, intent, and interaction we also have Oren being tossed through a Crack like a cartoon character.

Oh that's disappointing. I thought that when Demushu asked the Yggdrasill guy "where's the red one" the guy said "You are?!", but it turns out the line is "It can talk!" I guess the scene would have been inappropriately funny, but still, Demushu should realize that a generic phrase like "where's the red one" isn't going to mean anything without context
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Kr Gaim 27 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I would figure that Oren did have his belt on him but I don't think he had a vehicle Lockseed to get back. Oren was just being smart about not eating unknown food and went hungry because of wondering around Helheim for days. I don't think he would have known about the belts being able to make survive in Helheim which is why we had the scene of Kouta using the basic Lockseed to avert the effects of hunger since eating the fruit is bad

And now Micchi is just straight up lying to Mai. You don't even care anymore.

Kouta just needs to learn Takatora's last name for awesome reveals. It's funny that everyone is just shooting Kouta in the back. First Micchi and now Sid. Those two should just have a lovechild together.

Demushu is just being everyone's bitch now and there's an Overlord that can control other Overlords. He's the Overlord that stands above all other Overlords.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

In Micchi's defense, it did seem like he felt a little self-doubt in this episode. I still really like him a lot, and it's interesting to see how he cracks from desperation. All his carefully laid plans are just being ruined by Kouta in one way or another.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at Kaito's "good deed". I know the writers want to humanize him but he's still a megalomaniac at heart. The writers did too good a job of defining his character such that any subsequent development feels a bit hollow.

I'm glad that Micchi has second thoughts about what he is doing. It is pretty consistent with the inner conflict between his heart and mind.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

What are you talking about? Kaito is a man of mighty conviction and honor. It may not always fall in line with morals established by society, but he's definitely bound by his strong sense of beliefs.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Yeah, gotta agree with this, Kaito was established as early as episode 2 that he doesn't hold with deceitful victory, that it doesn't count as "true strength" from his perspective, and that's been re-confirmed throughout his interactions with Yggdrasill. Yeah, it turned out this time to end up on the "good guy" side of the conflict, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's showing any super positive character growth. He may have saved Kouta's life (maybe, I don't really believe Micchi would have gone through with it), but he didn't do it out of any great care for Kouta, he did it because Micchi showed himself to be weak in Kaito's viewpoint and that makes him a greater target to Kaito.

All of this said, I am still bored to death of Kaito as a character.

In other news:
Spoiler
Next week, finally Duke's henshin!
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Well... it's more focus on Takatora and its past...
Phoenix512 wrote:Kouta just needs to learn Takatora's last name for awesome reveals.
Maybe in the future episodes.

Spoiler
Duke transforms... and the betrayal of Zangetsu.

Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Kaito may be a dick in some ways but he does respect Kouta for standing up in what he believes in even though he doesn't like what he's saying. Making sure Kouta was hidden from Inves and Yggdrasill is something he would do because of the respect he has for him. Micchi on the other hand, he probably let him die for being a backstabber.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

I'm start Liking Takatora now... Sid was fucking dick and sick when he bashing Kouta pursuing overlord... So even Overlord inves had King
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Guess there's a few days between Kouta getting shot by Micchi and him awaken while covered in a bush. Because I can't figure out how he got a bag with him afterwards.

Well, fanservice for the girls, laughs for the guys I guess. Not helping it if you pronounce it with OOO's style. Taka - Tora - Butta! Tatobutt, tatobutt, tatobutt!!!

And Urobuchi has found some way to insert some more homage to previous Rider. Like it when the Prototype-X is actually used for cards. But does this mean Ryouma actually experimented on those item beforehand before finally settling with a Fruit-turned-Lockseed? Wondering who's actually providing him with all those cards, fuestle, ring and other kind of mysterious item? Lol.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Obviously Yggdrassil has some connection to Foundation X. I mean there's no way that they don't.

I too don't see what Kaito did as any kind of "character development". He's always been like that. To simplify it a little, "He believes that everyone in the world should have an honest chance to get his ass kicked by him. And if he himself gets his ass kicked instead, that's his own loss.". This isn't him suddenly "doing something nice", this is actually him standing up for what he believes in.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Interesting eps. So it's not just changing the fruits into Lockseeds to be able to absorb their nutriments, but it's to put them into the belt.

Kaito hiding Kouta instead of just bringing him back is probably a good idea, since even if he used his LockVehicle, Ryouma and Co will probably see him and reproach him that, since they want him dead. Also, I got the feeling that Youko was just following them just because they're ambitious, rather than by ambition, since she like strong men and men who want to have power.

Also, finally Takatora and Kouta that become ally. I wish it will last.

So the red Overlord is similar to Baron, the green one is probably similar to Ryuugen, not just in term of form, but also in term of personality. Maybe the Overlord of the Overlord will be based on Gaim or Zangetsu. It would be funny.

Preview
Spoiler
For what I saw in this preview, Takatora will be badly hurt and will give Micchi his belt to allow him to save humanity in his stead. I think this Zangetsu will be Micchi and not Takatora. And finally, the last Henshin that we were waiting. If it were rings, it would probably say "Duke, now".
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

Best episode since that one W episode!!! =DDD

But on a more serious note... I really liked it. I *do* love the chemistry or lack thereof nowadays between Takatora and Ryouma. Their relationship was the meat of the episode for me, even if Oren managed to pull a laugh or two from me.
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Klanoyt »

Now let's wait when Oren finds out that Ryouma had an interest in Takatora...
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

As always, I loved the episode. But I had to wonder why Kouta didn't give Oren his Sakura Hurricane or use the Tulip Hopper to send Oren back...
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”