Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Re: KR Gaim 28 released

Post by dancercotillion »

No matter how you approach it, Kaito's Genesis gear is specially made just for him because Ryouma thought it would be nice for him to still run around in the Baron suit.

The coincidence of Duke sharing his power with Baron is pretty amusing. Here's hoping the next batch of Riders (there's got to be more, come on, you can do more than slice or juice a fruit) contains an Earl or Count.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Since we're talking bout face plates for a second here I thought I'd bring up something I noticed a while ago and not sure if it's been brought up... Ever notice how similar Gaim's and Zangetsu's face plates are? (putting in spoiler tags cause the images can be a bit big)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mainly I'm talking bout the little weird, design behind the the heads on the face plate. They're basically the same save for different colors. Just thought that, combined with them having the same transformation sound 'SOUYA!', was interesting.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
demino555
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider W
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Band: J-rock
My boom: nasuverse
Quote: "Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"

Post by demino555 »

It's because both of their base design is Japanese in motif.

Hase's rider should be the same.

Knight theme is shared by Baron, Duke and Guridon as far as I remember. Knuckle and Bravo should be the same.
My power is EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

Only Hasa's Rider faceplate didn't have that background to it, despite also having the Japanese style henshin sound. And Baron seems to be the only Rider who has any fancy background stuff on his faceplate with the European styled Riders.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

demino555 wrote:It's because both of their base design is Japanese in motif.

Hase's rider should be the same.

Knight theme is shared by Baron, Duke and Guridon as far as I remember. Knuckle and Bravo should be the same.
Kurokage and Guridon both have just helmet images with blank space behind them (probably because they're not grade A lock users), and Knuckle has no image because he's using a mass produced driver. Bravo isn't the only rider whose belt plays the guitar noise AND has an image on the face plate, but the others are movie exclusives and can't be discussed yet, though I will say that none of them share an image style.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Those designs on the plates are actually all over Gaim and Zangetsu's suits. It's representative of feathers, left over from earlier designs of the show when they were bird-themed instead of fruit.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

*looks at the face plates again* ... Oh hey you're ri-oh hey yea you're right it's like, bird stuff on Baron's and Ryugen's face plates too, but like tail stuff. Wow that's, that's really cool... Still wanna think bout why Gaim and Zangetsu's design are the same but still, that's so cool that it's a call back to the original concept.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

dancercotillion wrote:No matter how you approach it, Kaito's Genesis gear is specially made just for him because Ryouma thought it would be nice for him to still run around in the Baron suit.
Well show wise Kaito's genesis gear was made for him but in real life they didn't expect Baron to be popular so they had to give him another form. Tbh I find it amusing how Micchy can't even win even using the Genesis Driver. I was hoping for Kaito to realize how weak the Fake Zangetsu and use that to realize that he isn't the real one.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

takenoko wrote:Yeah, it's just disappointing since the Genesis Drivers don't appear to distinguish between users. At least there was the faceplate for the Sengoku Drivers. Are we to believe that flipping a driver around would reveal a stretch of masking tape with their names scribbled in black marker?

If not, then are there days in Lab Ryouma where Youko grabs the wrong driver and puts on the Duke base armor instead?
Definitely. it probably happens more often than we are led to believe, but because of how TV Shows work, we usually don't get to see those mundane bits the same way we don't get to see Takatora Going around the mansions wondering "why the hell do we need a house this big!?" while spending half an hour trying to find his energy lock-seed only to curse non-stop because he just remembered it was in his pocket the whole time.

Takatora's big flaw was his willingness to trust his companions too much. he did not suspect anything because why should he? as far as he knew they were all together in trying to stop Helheim from destroying humanity. He considered Ryouma a friend(which they were) and Malika is loyal to Ryouma (which she is) and Sid, when you look at it, is more of a jokester than someone who would betray you. He doens't seem to care the things he does have an effect on the mission, but he has the same goals as Takatora.
Takatora was unable to see the cracks in his so called "friends" facade, and now has paid the price.

At the same time, Ryouma was unable to see Sid's betrayal coming. As sid says, he wasn't his ally, he just couldn't move with Takatora watching unless he was helping Ryouma. Just like in episode 1, he tricks you into believing he is in your side, but he is going to drop the act as soon as it is feasible for him. Besides, he knows he will not be able to take down Ryouma or Yoko before they discover he plans to betray them, and even if he could, it would be harder to hide their deaths. the best course of aciton would be to try nad hinder their operations enough for them to be unable to follow him or at the very least delay them before they can take a course of action against him.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Did you use "cracks" on purpose? I like that.
Gamera Ramen
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Max, Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Quote: If it wasn't for disappointment I wouldn't have any appointments
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Gamera Ramen »

HarryFA1 wrote:Why did Kaito have his Sengoku driver on when he confronted Micchi?
Pretty sure that was to show that someone could have both the Genesis and Sengoku Drives on them at the same time. Ryouma said something like "There's no way he'll survive in Helheim without a Driver" but the big twist is that Takatora does have a Driver with him. I think he just didn't pull it out then because he was utterly outmatched (he was doomed as Shin, and normal Zangetsu would be pulverized in an instant) and if he lost as Zangetsu he'd be completely doomed. By holding back, he still has a Driver and can still survive in Helheim.
toni2212 wrote: I suspect if Oren sees the Shin Zangetsu now, he will know immediately it wasn't the same guy since Mitsuzane clearly lacks the 'elegance of the swan'. lol
That's actually a very interesting possibility to bring up! I've been really hoping that Oren and Jounouchi would do more in the show, and something like that could be it.
dancercotillion wrote:I'm astounded how Kamen Rider manages to be a phenomenally great show every few years, considering it's a toy commercial for electronic pants-holders and plastic knives.
dancercotillion wrote: My OTP is Ryouma/his own reflection

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”