Such a fruit
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: KR Gaim 29 released

Post by Kogashi »

Or, hate to be a realist here but, maybe there's no in series explanation and it's just done this way so we can keep track of Baron with Lemon Energy as oppose to Duke with Lemon. Hence why Micchi is still Zangetsu Shin cause in the story he has to trick his friends.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote:
toni2212 wrote: Baron's surprise power-up tried to stick to the rule of the belt in the series too. Minato clearly handed him a new Genesis Driver, so we could assume Ryouma had already input in the data of Baron's base suit beforehand before giving it to Kaito. he probably need to do some extra work, but at least it can prevent some disaster such as people mistaking Kaito for him. Closer case is Mitchy using his brother's Genesis Driver here.
Perhaps it's a DNA thing? Hence why he can use his brother's Genesis Driver. I would love an actual explanation, but unfortunately, I doubt we'll get one.
Fans will always try to make an explanation of the series, especially if the series has a lot of twist. As for my theory regarding Mitchy attaining Shin Zangetsu is that when Ryouma betrayal happen, he is seen picking his brother's Genesis Driver. He isn't shown handing it over to Ryouma to have his Ryugen base suit tuned into it (probably by that time he already thinks about plans to cause confusion with Kouta regarding Shin Zangetsu). So this theory still follow the assumption that the Sengoku Driver is fixated on certain individuals while the Genesis Driver is not.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I'm not sure why people are so confused about this. It can all be explained away by coincidence and dramatic necessity.

1) Genesis drivers are clearly not person-locked since Micchy became Zangetsu Shin
2) Different drivers have different armor
3) Barons' genesis driver just happens to use the same armor as his sengoku driver, perhaps this was intentionally designed this way, perhaps not but it's not really important
4) Rule of cool
Ryouga
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ryouga »

I may be misremembering but I thought when Kouta and Kaito were captured Ryouma unlocked the belts so they can be used by anyone
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

No, the mass-produced belts are the only one that can be used by anyone. The Sengoku Drivers made prior Christmas game are all locked on a single user.

The whole argument is about Genesis Driver and the switching between the two by Baron.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

I loved that conversation between Takatora and the Overlord king. i was actually expecting him to be this unreasonable monster who blindly led his people to become what they are now. instead we have this broken...man, who believed to know what was needed to do in order to survive only to realize too late what he had done destroyed everything he wanted to protect. failing to save his people in a foolish illusion that only the strong could survive, the ultimate counter-argument to Kaito's "only the strongest will inherit the earth" "you want to know what is it that i acomplished by doing that? look at these forest with wild animals ready to kill anything. Look at these ruins: empty, with no life, and vines slowly consuming it. THIS is my legacy, this is everything i managed to do: the rotting corpse of once beautiful civilization. THIS is what the search for power leads to."
If i had to say, i would say the fruit does not chose he who knows how to solve the problem, but he who can solve the problem. that may sound the same thing, but they are not. he could have saved his people, he could have stop the forest from consuming everything, but he failed to do so. why? because the fruit of knowledge is not the answer to the problem, it is the means to solve the problems. it does not tell you how to set things right, it gives you a chance to do that, but it is you who has to find the way. that is the test the fruit gives you, the test that your people can be lead to a better future.
In fact, you know what this things reminds me of? Jesus Christ.
yeah, yeah, i know "the hero is the messiah blah blah blah" but hear me out. when the jews were expecting their messiah (at least in the version i know of, which could be different from other versions of the bible. also, i may be adding stuff just for dramatic effect) they were expecting a warrior. someone to raise and army and lead them against the roman empire. someone who would lead it's people in a glorious war in the name of god to defeat the heretics romans who did not believe they were worshipping false deities. to lead the jews to their golden age, with a city worthy of the people of the ONE TRUE GOD, which no army, no matter how huge it was, could EVER hope to stop those who fought under the orders of the unstoppable messiah sended by GOD HIMSELF TO MAKE HIS WORD COME TRUE!
......except, that is not what they got. they wanted a general, but god sent them a master, a teacher, someone who didn't want them to raise their weapons against the romans, but instead asked for peace. to drop the stone and to love those around you.
THAT is what the person who gets the fruit has to become in order to save the world, i think. not a general, not a god. but a teacher, a sage, someone to ask for advice. To guide, but not to lead. To be respected, to be heard, but not be worshipped. and only someone who is willing to listen to everyone else and tries to solve the problem by talking can actually acomplish that.
But again, even if you get the fruit, that does not mean you solved the problem. it only means you have been given ONE chance to try to solve the problem.

something else i wanted to comment, i wondered why the king had kept those two around if he believes they led to their people's destructions, but then i realized there were two reasons. One is the obvious, they are the last of his people. once they are dead, that's it, he will have truly fail to his people and he would be alone for who knows how long. just the empty husk of a broken man that killed his people.

The other reason is the less obvious. they are a reminder of what led to this place's destruction. they represent the mistakes he took, and by having them around, he hopes to never forget his mistakes and to try to show those who seek the same thing to not make the same mistakes.

The forest tests if you are worthy of having the fruit. he tests if you are worthy of becoming the hope of your people.

Also, as a side not, if Madoka Magica didn't have "Hope & Despair" as one of it's big themes, i would wonder if Urobuchi didn't put thos in this show just to show Wizard how it's done.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I love how people are still arguing about why Michy didn't become Ryugen Melon Energy arms. In the show we can say that Ryouma just added in Baron's base suit into the Genesis Driver so it'll look cool. But in reality Baron became so popular that the creators had to give him a new form so they just gave him Duke's armor and ta-da a new form.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

They didn't have to do anything, they could've just acknowledged it and moved on too.
Alternatively, Baron Lemon's not something I'd complain over but, saying that he had to get a new form with no other alternatives just strikes me as a lil silly.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”