DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Re: KR Gaim 31 released

Post by DereklBarona »

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, really. And for everyone who's legitimately freaking out over how Sid's death went, I say nay to thee. There have been worse deaths in Heisei, and one in particular wasn't just more brutal, it was shown on camera. Pretty sure everyone who's seen it knows what I'm talking about.

As for Sid himself, what's there to say? He was a jerk and a schemer from day one, and while the show has seen fit to forget it happened, I personally haven't forgotten that his first act as a Rider was to waste poor Hase and laugh about it afterwards. He was a great character who knew exactly what emotions he wanted to invoke out of the audience, and he did a terrific job. May his moist, meaty chunks in marrowbone jelly ooze down through the cracks in the rock and rest in peace. And for the love of god, someone needs to steal that hat.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

DereklBarona wrote:Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, really. And for everyone who's legitimately freaking out over how Sid's death went, I say nay to thee. There have been worse deaths in Heisei, and one in particular wasn't just more brutal, it was shown on camera. Pretty sure everyone who's seen it knows what I'm talking about.
Name names for those of us who might not have seen it. (I've only been watching since Kiva and I skipped Decade).
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Knight of L-sama wrote:
DereklBarona wrote:Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, really. And for everyone who's legitimately freaking out over how Sid's death went, I say nay to thee. There have been worse deaths in Heisei, and one in particular wasn't just more brutal, it was shown on camera. Pretty sure everyone who's seen it knows what I'm talking about.
Name names for those of us who might not have seen it. (I've only been watching since Kiva and I skipped Decade).
Pretty much everyone who died in Ryuki.
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

I'm surprised nobody came to this conclusion, but what if the First Woman is only a spirit... and happens to be the female in the tomb?

I thought Sagara might have been an Overlord but now it's just getting stranger. Hats off to him and the writers though, I really hated the whole announcer/DJ schtick at the start of the show, but now he is one of my favourites.

I had a brief bit of hope that maybe Sid's belt wasn't completely destroyed, that way Takatora could pull a Micchi and hide under the Sigurd suit to fool everyone. I'm hoping Takatora gets a proper belt back soon, I want to see him back in action.

The climax of Kachidoki Gaim almost obliterating Demushu being interrupted and ultimately halted by Yggdrasil was a kick in the guts. I really enjoy seeing Kouta kick butt with Kachidoki arms.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

The deaths in Ryuki, while in reality would be more 'brutal' or painful, were not this death. All the ways they were shown were more tame. Standard special effects dissolving, or beaten and slightly bloodied before falling limp, or blown up in the same style of a monster.
Spoiler
I suppose the one exception would be Scissor's death from being eaten by his own monster. Maybe Ouja being gunned down as well but I feel my point still stands.

There was a snappiness to Sid's death, the suddenness that a viewer might not be braced for outside of 'oh man, that's a Death Flag this guy's toast eventually.' There was no slow, press in, cut to some nature footage as we hear him scream or hear the rocks crash together. IT was just, Sid thrown in between the rocks, a couple of seconds of struggle, then BAM, pan up so the kids don't see Sid turned into a gooey mess.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

There's two things about this that I can think of:

Shin Kamen Rider and a certain Grongi that I unfortunately can't mention 'cause the subs aren't there yet.
But, he's around... *snaps fingers*
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

Remember that Unknown that sticks people in trees?
Or melt them into concrete?
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Unknown in general kill in really messed up ways.

You know, I know I'm kinda known for throwing the "kids show" card, myself.

But having someone else throw it, it makes me wonder. When on earth did the myth arise that kids for some odd reason cannot handle people dying? I mean maybe some of them will be shocked or maybe even scared, but doesn't that, you know, build character, rather than scar them?

You know, kids always hide behind the couch whenever the Daleks appear, yet the good Doctor still appears in what England considers a family show.
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

For anyone who was wondering, I was thinking of a death in Faiz. Didn't want to name anyone specifically cause I'm not sure just how strict the rules about spoilering other shows like that are.

Though I'd forgotten about some of Ryuki's deaths, I will admit.
hikoboshi
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: kamen rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider blade
Dreamy: sakurai yuuto
Favorite Actor?: yuichi nakamura
Favorite Band: V6
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: japan
Quote: 「最初に 言って おく、俺はかなり強い !!!」
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by hikoboshi »

i hope kaito will use the new lock seed but it turns out not
and the kiwami arms looks so weird to me
i feel it's not kamen rider at all :shock:
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

DereklBarona wrote:For anyone who was wondering, I was thinking of a death in Faiz. Didn't want to name anyone specifically cause I'm not sure just how strict the rules about spoilering other shows like that are.

Though I'd forgotten about some of Ryuki's deaths, I will admit.

Oh yeah. I know what you're talking about. I was just shocked at how Sid went that way. I've seen other ones, but getting crushed to death by a stone wall? Yeah.... That threw me off.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Kogashi wrote:
FangTrigger wrote: EDIT:
In honor of Sid
[ Image ]
Oooooh! OOOOOOH *squirms uncomfortable* Ooooh that is so wonderful it hurts ><
LMAO!! That had me laughing for a while just because.

That aside, this was a good episode. From the past Rider series, this is probably one of the best ways to die. Some become lost to themselves, some become what they hate, and some just disappear. At least he didn't go the way of Scissor from Ryuki. I think that is the worst way to go. And also, I liked how the Overlord King was somewhat impressed with Sid's 'foolishness' and went what could be seen at the moment as 'full power' to honor his death or something like that.

Still, great episode and next episode looks awesome!
Conan_Edogawa wrote:to quote chris tucker "whoo! you know he dead."
Yep, that's what I was thinking too.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

I wonder who's writing the movie instead Urobutcher
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I don't really enjoy Sids death on account of the fact he hasn't really done anything to make me hate him. Oh well, was worrying that this death toll seemed a bit lite so far.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

kyoichikiller90 wrote:I wonder who's writing the movie instead Urobutcher
I don't know if this would help, but here's what I found.
Spoiler

Catastrophe wrote:
Do you think it 'might' become another Ryuki?
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”