Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Re: KR Gaim 33 and Yuta Cafe 5 released

Post by HarryFA1 »

Lunagel wrote:It's breaking for the US Open golf tournament, not the World Cup.
Ah, my bad. But it is on hold then. Stupid golf, interrupting our kids TV.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Hey, at least it's Golf and not stupid dumb football.
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

Can we all agree that Micchi is probably going to end up dying at this rate? He is doing some pretty damn devious shit that you don't get redeemed from in an Urobuchi series.

I'm undecided if the losing the taste thing is because of the long exposure to the belt or if it's to do with Kiwami unlocking (which is not subtle at all) Kouta's potential to become something more than human. I hope it's the belt so that for all the talk about them making humanity survive the forest without changing, they still become less human somehow.

Speaking of Kiwami, so Kouta can dual wield weapons but why did the second Kurokage spear look different? Or is that a movie thing that hasn't been subbed yet?
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote:
Fat D wrote:The more heroic Kaito acts, the more I start to think his philosophy of "the strong rule the weak and I want to be strong" is less about establishing dominance and more about trying to survive in a world like this.
I got that vibe a few episodes back when he carried Kouta back. It's less "I want to become strong to oppress the weak" and more "We need to get strong so we don't get oppressed"
Yes, the fight against Demushu with Kouta and Zack definitely hammered it home. But I had not commented on that episode, and in this one, his talks with Mai and him joining the gang definitely added to that.

As for the nationality of the Yggdrasil exec, I think he is supposed to be British and they just used an Australian actor because kids will not know the difference. I base this solely on the fact that they showed London on the news report.

And yeah, the taste thing just screams Greeedification, right after the episode that made a Blade reference.

As for the Kagematsu... one would imagine they have enough identical props for the Kurokage Troopers...
Ryouga
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ryouga »

I am Scottish and he sounded Aussie to me, quite funny how they showed London as usual as many Scots would just roll their eyes if London was invaded since we are fed up about hearing its the UK's capital and so important.
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

Fat D wrote:As for the nationality of the Yggdrasil exec, I think he is supposed to be British and they just used an Australian actor because kids will not know the difference. I base this solely on the fact that they showed London on the news report.
Australia has a prime minister too so it's not doubtful that they'd use them to represent a country that's closer to Japan.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Can validate the Aussie accent thing as I'm a New Zealander. Also would not make any British prison jokes. It's a lovely country with fantastic weather and a shit tonne of things that will kill you.

Also, knowing that the Yggdrasil guy said that the Prime Minister wouldn't do anything is so much funnier based on the fact that the current Prime Minister of Australia probably wouldn't...
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

Sometimes I find it boring in KR series that the main Rider will never have much character developments. They will get lots of power-ups, become monsters themselves whatever, but they will always stay the same. Maybe a little matured, but not much. Only those 2nd (or 3rd, 4th ...) riders are having dramatic changes of hearts, for better or worse. Some become "relaxed", others just plain evil.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I can't believe you guys are still debating the nationality of the English-speaking guy. Japan doesn't care what nationality the guy is and neither should we.
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

just curious... I wanna ask the Aussie.. what is vegemite taste like??
dgk3593
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by dgk3593 »

stalydan wrote:
Speaking of Kiwami, so Kouta can dual wield weapons but why did the second Kurokage spear look different? Or is that a movie thing that hasn't been subbed yet?
Just stop with movie
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiling future movie
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

There have been Kurokage Troopers with the halberds rather than spears in the show already, so it's just a thing the spear does, I guess.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

That fight between Mitsuzane and Kouta was cool. Man, I wish it would've continued a little longer to see which weapons were going to be used next.

When Kouta said he couldn't taste the rice, I (almost) flipped my chair. I hope it's because of him wearing the belt so much and not because of Kiwami arms.

Spoiler
We already had Kenzaki (Blade) turning into an Undead and Eiji (OOO) becoming a Greeed.

Great. Now EVERYONE knows about Project Ark.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
hinomars19
Go Go!
Favorite Actor?: Kitagawa keiko
Favorite Band: Koda Kumi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Yui Koike is like a kitten wrapped in cotton wool eating candyfloss. This cannot be disputed. You try, I flip your table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Post by hinomars19 »

Is the Australian fellow the same guy from the PGSM special act? The one in the hospital that shouts 'Ami, the operating room's this way?' when Ami is off back to Japan? The whole time he was talking here the voice was just too familiar and I think this is why.

Speaking of which, nice to see Akira again. I wish she had more screen time. The relationship between her and Kouta was nice at the beginning. Back then she was a counter to his idealism (at one point aggressively so), it's a shame she hasn't been able to keep that role, especially now. Still, I just checked and it's nice to see Izumi san's blog is back. I was a bit curious when her old one shut down. :?

Finally, my respect for Kaito is back. Hooray.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

Also I wonder if anyone else thought of the manga Fruits Basket every time Kouta transforms into Kiwami Arms. (Sorry. Loved the manga.)
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”