Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gaim 37 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Gaim_37

That was not a good episode. To it's credit, Kouta is still running after Mitsuzane, but it's stretched throughout the episode while Kaito takes a trip to Wonderland. If Kouta had been sucked into Wonderland too or became distracted from his dramatic goal of learning the destiny of the Kureshima brothers, it would have rung false with the viewers.

Instead... we get an episode about Kaito playing soccer. There's no explanation for the monster that attacks him, the boy, or the soccer world and thus the viewer has no concept of what is at stake or why they should care.

Also the previews ruin any sort of dramatic tension they were building up. Pretty bad showing all around this time.
OkiiInu
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players." - Willy Shakes
Type: ESFP Performer

Re: KR Gaim 37 released

Post by OkiiInu »

I watched it on the YouTube this morning and was THOROUGHLY confused (and not cause it wasn't subbed, lol) they called the MotW an Inves, but he never spoke a single line of dialogue, so it wasn't clear what his intentions were or if he was an Inves or Overlord. The soccer tie in was just dumb; "let's create an alternate universe where you don't dance and play soccer instead..." I don't even mind the competition aspect of soccer teams, in fact, it probably makes more sense than the dance teams competing over a stage, but we're at episode 37 and the idea of street dancing teams has been firmly established.

Would have loved a few bubbles from where Takatora "drowned" at the end to do something for the plot...
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

It's kind of ridiculous how thoroughly disappointed with this episode I am. Honestly I'm pre-emptively disappointed with the movie, i feel like it's coming out too early in the run and that they really went over-the-top out of their way to tie this movie into the World Cup and it's just plain not necessary in the best of times, but particularly right now, with this season, and this cast. Just such bitter disappointment.

I don't even hate the other tie-ins (the ToQger crossover is a huge highlight for me because I feel like the casts worked well together, and I didn't even mind the Kikaider episode with it's CANONICAL BRAIN REMOVAL), but I feel like this one is not going to end up being a part of any re-watches.

HOWEVER

Spoiler
RYOUMA IS BACK NEXT WEEK, HOLLA
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think the episode is fine as it is. I rather have it as an alternate world or even a crazy ass dream than actually happen in the real world. The monster could have been an Inves since only Overlords have the capability to speak language.

Toei hasn't learn to make a good preview for years now.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I went in to this episode with low expectations. But boy, did they find a way to sink any lower.

Kaito has basically had a bad acid trip, with all the irrelevant side plot that goes with it. At the end of the episode I don't understand anything, and nothing here has any relevance to the ongoing series since it's clearly meant to tie in to the movie. So the other monster, Sagara, the movie rider; all a waste. And this strongly implies that the movie itself isn't even canonical.

And if you're going to feature Bravo, get his actor. It's kind of absurd to have him in rider form the entire time, even when it doesn't make sense to do so.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

God. Another tie in. I understand its a tie in for the movie but after the high of last weeks episode it just feels misplaced.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

What a ridiculous episode.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Eh.. yes, it made very little sense and yes, it came at a very odd spot in the story but I liked it; which is saying something since I've been eh on Mouri's solo work on this show so far (I disliked the ToQer crossover and liked the Kikaider one).

Also, I'll never get tired of seeing Kaito get shot with the DJ Gun. Never!
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

The only thing that I really can take away from this episode is that it seems like Gaim is going to be dipping into either time travel or alternative worlds. Well, write what you know I guess and if Urabutcher knows how to write anything beyond suffering it is those things. Also I like the way the weapons appeared this time with Kiwamie Arms. It always bothered me before how obvious it was that someone was just holding them up. It reminded me of groundhogs or a whack a mole.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Mouri Nobuhiro wrote this episode along with all the other crossover episodes.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

So, judging from the comments, this is an episode to skip?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah, I don't really think there were any particularly redeeming moments. Maybe Kaito failing at soccer, but that was about it.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

There were only a few things that I enjoyed from this episode.

1. HASE-CHAN! Man I've missed him. He and Jounichi were my favorite duo.
2. I liked it how, at the beginning, Kaito's wound gets worse. At least it focuses on what going on with him.

Other than these, the episode made no sense. I understand it's a tie-in with the movie, but really? Soccer is an okay sport, but mixing Kamen Rider with it....it sounds weird.
Spoiler
On another note: RYOUMA IS BACK!!! And Takatora didn't die! HELL YEAH!
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Hase-chan... Why he look so feminism? Perhaps Oren taught him the elegance.
It's not so bad episode after all.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

kyoichikiller90 wrote:Hase-chan... Why he look so feminism? Perhaps Oren taught him the elegance.
It's not so bad episode after all.
Trés bien! Lol.

Why hasn't Kaito been completely affected by the virus? As we saw from the earlier episodes that once someone was attacked by an inves, the virus spreads quickly and that person could become an Inves. Does this mean that the belts prevent a quick death if one were to come in contact with the virus?
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”