Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Lee Min Young MissA
Quote: I am the destroyer of all.

Re: KR Gaim 37 released

Post by flamefire28 »

to me the only good moments of this episode:
1: Hase
2: kaito's wounds and his point blank shot in the gut and his fail in soccer

otherwise its an awful episode and the previews just kills any sense of anticipation from the last episode. happy to see ryouma back and I guess as a bonus 3rd like would be knowing that energy locks have a sparking and probably an au lait function too
Image ImageImage
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by CeronosLive »

The Gaim vs Toqger special was great, the Gaim vs Kikaider episode was acceptable, but this was an absolute mess.

If they were going for this kind of episode, I think they should have ditched the main plot like the Kikaider episode did and just focus on the movie stuff.

...Or y'know. Just air the next episode instead. :p
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that these episodes are purposefully done so that you don't have to watch them in order to get the full story. Specials rarely have any lasting impact on the show or advance the plot at all, but with the ones we've seen in Gaim you literally won't miss anything if you don't see the special or the movie. With previous movies, there's usually a callback to a special movie-only power-up sometime late in the series, but with Gaim, literally nothing.

I'm actually pretty sure that Urobuchi tells the movie and special writers that they're not allowed to advance the story at all.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

And that's why so many of these movies take place in alternate worlds or non-canon stories, since then the writers don't have to bother to compare notes and make things sync up. And while I understand that, it just doesn't make it as good to me as like the Agito movie which was canon to the TV series. After that, we just take a step further and further from the main story. Ryuki pretended the movie was the last episode. Faiz's movie maybe takes place in the future. Blade does the epilogue story thing again. And then Hibiki just doesn't bother with canon.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Not to condemned but most of the pre-movie episodes can be ridiculous like OOO. Den-O not so bad it's totally canon and relevant to the series and movie.

I found this episode wasn't that bad. Plus I like the inves design here.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

These movies might be a lot better if the main series writer does the movie as well but for some reason, it has a separate writer for the movie who usually has nothing to do with the main series itself.
AstonWave007
Adventure

Post by AstonWave007 »

Wow. Way to kill the momentum built up from last week Toei.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I thought this episode was great! It was a nice, exciting break from the frankly tedious main story, and it featured some of my favourite Japanese soccer players! Although, they really dropped the ball (heh, pun thoroughly intended) by not taking the opportunity to make Wizard references, given the importance of the brilliant soccer arc in Wizard. I understand they probably couldn't get Haruto back for this, but they could have done something to commemorate one of the best Rider series in the last 15 years. Come on, Toei, get with it; the fans want Wizard 2, not this dumb fruit-samurai thing.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Philip Aldraine wrote:Why hasn't Kaito been completely affected by the virus? As we saw from the earlier episodes that once someone was attacked by an inves, the virus spreads quickly and that person could become an Inves. Does this mean that the belts prevent a quick death if one were to come in contact with the virus?
Nonono, people who eat the fruit become Invase, people who are wounded by one grow vines.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Well we get to see what happens if Kaito and Kouta fight against each other. The power between Kiwami arms and Lemon Energy arms is huge.
Philip Aldraine wrote:
Spoiler
On another note: RYOUMA IS BACK!!! And Takatora didn't die! HELL YEAH!
Don't jump to conclusions. He gets knocked unconscious under water and you think he's alive? o.O
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

What the... that's 23 minutes of my life I won't be able to get back. If not for everyone here mentioning it was a movie tie-in, I would have no idea what the hell just happened and why Gaim suddenly went all Decade on us. I hope the movie clears things up better, otherwise this was just a complete waste of time.

At least next ep preview looks very interesting.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Woooow it's weird seeing the pure hate and venom towards this episode... Guess it shows how much people are enjoying the show proper :V That being said I didn't mind this episode. It did I feel a decent job of bridging the difference between a purely filler, movie tease episode, and not having to do the 'this happened weeks before' absurdity of the Kikaider sub-story for it to make sense.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

OOOKaiser wrote:Well we get to see what happens if Kaito and Kouta fight against each other. The power between Kiwami arms and Lemon Energy arms is huge.
Philip Aldraine wrote:
Spoiler
On another note: RYOUMA IS BACK!!! And Takatora didn't die! HELL YEAH!
Don't jump to conclusions. He gets knocked unconscious under water and you think he's alive? o.O
First rule of Kamen Rider: Riders who fall into the water end up fine, especially if the enemy thinks they drowned.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I really don't think they'll fake us out on Takatora's death twice. I'm pretty sure he's dead this time, because it's an important moment in Micchi's arc.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

dancercotillion wrote:I really don't think they'll fake us out on Takatora's death twice. I'm pretty sure he's dead this time, because it's an important moment in Micchi's arc.
That is what I was thinking this time. Preview doesn't mean that something turn to live our expectations

Spoiler
I heard Micchi sounds weird like a maniac

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”