Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

KR Gaim 40 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Gaim_40

Now we saw Yuuya transforms into Gaim in the possible future... fighting against Kouta in his 'Inves form'? But I dunno how Yuuya revived.

There's Energy Riders clash between Kaito and Micchi. But I want Kouta to fight Micchi. Come on.
Spoiler
It's a CLASH between Gaim and Roshuo! And what the **** is happened to his Kachidoki Lock Seed?

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Gaim 40 released

Post by takenoko »

I liked the parallel between Kouta's visions with his memories of other humans who were turned into Inves. That's such an excellent way of capturing the accumulated guilt that he's had during this series.

Ryouma's invisible mode and his machinations are so funny.

Kouta struggles helplessly with the facemasks then gets distracted by Redue. Kaito comes in and kicks the machine once. Who's the real hero here?
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

An episode where Kouta realizes what will happen if he does become an Overlord to save the world. The fight scene with Micchy and Kaito was very enjoyable. Loved it when Micchy was like "Am I strong now?" and he replied back "You're just a fool". Ad is it just me or is Kaito focusing on the belt instead of Micchy?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I love how Duke just stealths out and watches a clipshow in his spare time.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Wow. Kaito and Minato wire-fu was awesome. I realized Yuuya actor was slightly bit identical twin to Kouta with blonde hair.

I hope Fruits Basket won't turn him into an Inves but Overlord Daimaoh instead in human vessel, no more monster rider. I remembered my heart was broken watching Takumi turn into Orphenoch. Same goes to Kenzaki.
But more and more I can barely accept the Monster Rider terms when Ichigou was shocker Kaijin called "Hopper"
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

All the Riders are monsters in some way. Haven't Wizard taught you that by now?
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Yeah almost forgot about him. Agito should be the same. But first time I watched Faiz back then I remembered I was same like Mari and Keitarou. Heartbroken....
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Seems like kind of a wasted episode. Was there ever the chance Kouta would sacrifice the world for his own personal survival?

I feel like maybe this was an episode to largely save some money to pour into another episode later. No new monsters, no big locations, just a bunch of short scenes with a bunch of people so we all know more or less where everyone is to set up for next week. The only good part was Sagara expositing to Mai.
DracusDemonica
Team Baron
Team Baron
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Gaim!
Quote: Ichigeki in the Shadow
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DracusDemonica »

OOOKaiser wrote:Ad is it just me or is Kaito focusing on the belt instead of Micchy?
It seemed that way to me too, like Kaito is trying to destroy the genesis driver so Micchy cant become Zangetsu Shin anymore.
DaVinci030 wrote:Now we saw Yuuya transforms into Gaim in the possible future... fighting against Kouta in his 'Inves form'? But I dunno how Yuuya revived.
I think it is more of a alternate world where Yuuya didn't get turned into an inves and instead became Gaim.

Ryouma just phase walking out like that was kinda funny. "oh he got hypnotized? time for me to leave"
Spoiler
With all the talk about sacrificing to save the world I'm starting to get a feeling Kouta will die at the end. Maybe like Ryuki with Kouta dying and Kaito having a change of heart
meljta
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai and Riders
Favorite Actor?: Junya Ikeda
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japon
Quote: Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reings, yet by the blade of knights, maikind was given hope.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by meljta »

dancercotillion wrote:Seems like kind of a wasted episode. Was there ever the chance Kouta would sacrifice the world for his own personal survival?
I thought exactly that, what a waste, as if we didn t know what would be the decision of kouta
kyoichikiller90 wrote: I hope Fruits Basket won't turn him into an Inves but Overlord Daimaoh instead in human vessel, no more monster rider. I remembered my heart was broken watching Takumi turn into Orphenoch.
gaim since a long time ago reminds me of Faiz, in several aspects
Phoenix512 wrote:All the Riders are monsters in some way. Haven't Wizard taught you that by now?
This is true, all are monsters who decide to fight by humans, and not by their own species, Wataru wasn't half fangaia?, Philipe was dead and constructed the gaiamemories? Eiji became a greed, Takumi was an orphenoc and so it continues the story, most of them MONSTERS!!
That is what makes them so great!!

i really like that Kaito kick the ass of Michi!! That child deserves a goog taunt !!!
We are the two-in-oneKamen Rider
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

OOOKaiser wrote:And is it just me or is Kaito focusing on the belt instead of Micchy?
Well it's the best weak point he can go for. Destroy the belt and he'll lose the power permanently. Got to hand it to Kaito for thinking logically on this one rather than just trying to beat him down.

Pretty good episode though. I love seeing a good old guilt trip from a villain against the hero. Especially when you have some really good callbacks to their failings (Not saving Yuuya and Hase, Rat getting injured).
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Oh thank goodness it wasn't a multi-episode question of 'oh no, what will Kouta do now that he's realized this. What does this mean? WHAT WILL OUR HERO DO!?' and someone just ups and says 'Well duh, that's how he's always been.'

Still, I would like him to have a Inves for that wasn't just the human hybrid we've seen Yuuya and Hasa become. I would like to think as an Overlord, Kouta would have a more dramatic, original form.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
DracusDemonica
Team Baron
Team Baron
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Gaim!
Quote: Ichigeki in the Shadow
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DracusDemonica »

Maybe he will have a unique Overlord form and Redue just used the generic Inves form because she didn't know what we would look like. I mean Yuuya and Hase were infected/ate the fruit, where as it looks like Kouta is directly injecting the forbidden fruit into him with the Kiwami lock seed.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

One thing to keep in mind is that the 4 inves forms we saw in this episode were based on the four gods, Kouta/Yuuya was becoming Byakko, the two that jumped in to help were Suzaku and Seiryuu, and the giant turtle hanging out with Reddue was Genbu. They were some of the earliest second tier Inves, human mutants instead of the former animals of Hellheim, and it's your basic elemental set of four.

The real key though is that this was Reddue's psychic attack, role-reversing Kouta and Yuuya so it had to be Kouta turning into the Inves that Yuuya had. Who's to say though that the people of Helheim were human before the forest corrupted them? We don't know how much individual mutation each experienced. Likely Kouta would be something more like Roshuu if he went full overlord.

Overall I thought it was a really good, solid episode. I loved how Kaitou continued to be Mr. Gets Shit Done with kicking the machine and saying he was going to finish off Micchi with no one around to stop him. Of course that could mean taking his belt and then spanking him with it, though I do feel that hellbrat has crossed the moral event horizon already. And of course up to now Reddue has had absolute certainty that she can manipulate the foolish weak selfish humans any way she wants. Surprise.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

What they should have done at the end when the lock seeds were popping up instead of showing the gaim background they could have done plants growing over it. Would have been a nice touch with Kouta slowly turning into an Overlord.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”