Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Re: KR Gaim 40 released

Post by dancercotillion »

meljta wrote:This is true, all are monsters who decide to fight by humans, and not by their own species,
It's not even that they so much are literally monsters, it's that Rider powers always come from either the same source as the monsters of the series, or from something very related to them. Wizard is powered by his Phantom, Fourze uses Astro Energy, OOO uses Core Medals, Decade was actually a villain the whole time :lol:, Kiva was part Fangire, the Naturals designed the Zecters, SmartBrain's Rider Gear can't be used by people who lack Orphenoch DNA, Ryuki contracted with a monster for power, etc, all the way back to Ichigou being some dude who was turned into Hopper Kaijin. The Rider is linked to his foes, they are mirrors of each other. It's thematic!

Kamen Rider is about the struggle against the darkness within the human heart. It always has been.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

DaVinci030 wrote:Now we saw Yuuya transforms into Gaim in the possible future... fighting against Kouta in his 'Inves form'? But I dunno how Yuuya revived.
DracusDemonica wrote:I think it is more of a alternate world where Yuuya didn't get turned into an inves and instead became Gaim.
It's neither a possible future nor an alternate world. It's simply an illusion which is quite similar to the test in Divergent or the Genjutsu in Naruto. Alternate world examples are the one in Decade or Gaim Summer Movie.
kyoichikiller90 wrote:Agito should be the same.
No. Agito (and Gills and Another Agito) is different to the monsters in Agito series. The only monsters in Agito are The Lords and The El Lords.
meljta wrote:This is true, all are monsters who decide to fight by humans, and not by their own species, Wataru wasn't half fangaia?, Philipe was dead and constructed the gaiamemories? Eiji became a greed, Takumi was an orphenoc and so it continues the story, most of them MONSTERS!!
You're correct about Wataru (half-Fangire), Eiji (Greeed) and Takumi (Orphenoch). As for Philip he's never considered as one of the monsters (Dopants) in W series. Philip is the avatar of the True Gaia Memory who has the ability to access Gaia Library.
Dopants are those monsters in W series who use Gaia Memory via (1) Living Connector e.g. Weather, Masquerade, etc. and (2) Gaia Driver e.g. Sonozaki family. But those who use Gaia Memory either via (1) W Driver e.g. KR W, (2) Lost Driver e.g. KR Joker, Skull, Eternal, (3) Accel Driver e.g. KR Accel are not considered as Dopants.
yokakashi
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Dreamy: Ban
Favorite Actor?: takei Emi
Favorite Band: momoiro clover z
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: japan
Quote: Whatever happens! Happens

Post by yokakashi »

Catastrophe wrote:I love how Duke just stealths out and watches a clipshow in his spare time.
It's funny through, because this whole episode kinda played out like your usual clipshow would, except their used all new footage for most of it :lol:
myman88
Gao
Location: Closer to Japan than the common TVN person, but still so far away.

Post by myman88 »

I think the real point of this episode was to finally solidify Kouta's conviction. I mean, all throughout the series, unlike everyone else who has their ideals and thoughts set, Kouta has been kind of bouncing around and hesitating because he's been unsure of what to do.

I feel like this is when he's finally "changed" into an adult, like he said before how you don't "choose" to be an adult, it just happens.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

myman88 wrote:I think the real point of this episode was to finally solidify Kouta's conviction. I mean, all throughout the series, unlike everyone else who has their ideals and thoughts set, Kouta has been kind of bouncing around and hesitating because he's been unsure of what to do.

I feel like this is when he's finally "changed" into an adult, like he said before how you don't "choose" to be an adult, it just happens.
That's kinda interesting to think about. Remembering back to the beginning of the series, one can remember how Kouta's dilemma was that he didn't know what he wanted to do and couldn't figure out his responsibilities as an adult. If what you say is true, then the Urobutcher's writing is brilliant as he was able to bring Kouta's character development full circle. The only question left is, WAHT THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO DO WITH HIM FOR 7 MORE EPISODES? Seriously, if this is the end of his character development, we will have 7 straight episodes of just, boring Kouta.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

We still have every single massive fight yet. We got.

Overlord King
Redue
Micchi
Duke

Then we still have the mystery behind Sagara and 'The First Woman'

We also might as well mention the inevitable final fight between Baron and Gaim. There's six episodes right there. Eight with a couple of two parters.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

well its already been confirmed the show is ending next month so it can't run for 8 more episodes but 7.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

We don't have the exact date of when Gaim is going to end. Until then, who knows how many episodes are left.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

All of the Post-Decade Kamen Rider shows air at the first sunday of the month or when the show ends the new show starts. Its a fact from what I can see.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It doesn't matter what happened in the past. Saying it as fact doesn't mean it's fact. Show me an actual airdate for Drive not some vague time window.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

W and Accel are actually the same as Dopants, it's just that their drivers refine the powers in a way that doesn't have any of the usual side effects.

Riders usually follow one of three patterns:

1) They are powered by the monsters they fight
2) They use the same power source as the monsters they fight
3) They ARE the same monsters they fight

All three Riders in Agito are an exception. So is Kuuga iirc. Agito and Gills' power comes from the exact opposite source from the Unknown, G3 and G3-X were custom built to counter the monsters. Kuuga was a warrior who specifically fights Grongi. There might be some other exceptions to these rules that I either don't know about or don't remember. But in general, the above is the rule.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Actually Kuuga is the same as a Grongi.. I can't go into detail 'cause of where the subs are but it's there.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.

Post by Kuchiri »

A majority of Showa Riders were created by the enemy organization to be one of their soldiers but turned good.

Kuuga was a Warrior to fight
Agito was somewhat the same story
Ryuki Riders were combined with a Mirror Monster
Faiz Riders needed the DNA if I remember
Blade used cards that they gained through the monsters, and one of them was a monster.
Hibiki's power came from oni
Kabuto's power was created by the antagonistic organization. Could be argued the power was used to stop the bad guys but ZECT was still bad.
Den-O used the series monsters as the power source. With one major exception. Liner Form was power from the train. (Has anyone seen Takeru Sato's current show Bitter Blood yet? It's really good It's like if Ryoutarou grew up and became a detective)
Kiva is half fangire. However IXA I believe was man made to stop.
Decade got power from both Shocker and Previous Riders.
W used Gaia MEmories in an extremely filtered format. For example Weather Dopant was a heavy doper and we saw what happened to him.
OOOs used Medals that are part of the Greed.
Fourze used Switches. This one I will argue had nothing to do with the baddies. The forty switches of Fourze are different in shape and model than the Zodiarts and their switches. Meteor however was given his power by a Zodiart.
Wizard used magic stones that came out of the Carbuncle Phantom...wiseman.
Gaim is turning into an OverLord. However, it's arguable that everyone else is getting their powers from the monsters. They are using the same thing the monsters eat.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Astroswitches and Zodiarts Switches were more or less made as part of the same project though. The project eventually went in two different directions, however.

Also, magic users were powered by their inner phantoms.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

It makes you wonder where the hell is Foundation X at this time. Maybe they couldn't work with magic and inveses.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”