KR Gaim 41 released

Such a fruit
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Gaim 41 released

Post by OOOKaiser »

He went from a happy teenager to an Overlord how adulthood changes everyone.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I saw those pics on tumblr too. They're pretty good.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I'm a bit disappointed that Roshuo was defeated so easily. Otherwise a good episode. It really feels like the series is about to end.

Everyone seems to be forgetting about the main villain of this series: Helheim Forest itself.

You get the impression that Helheim has destroyed world after world (and Sagara's been watching that happen for some time?)
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Wall of Theory below

Spoiler
The First Woman is the woman who the bearer of the Golden Fruit loves most.

For Roshuo it was the Overlord Queen. Now one will jump the conclusion that Kouta will become the bearer of the Golden Fruit. (I mean it's Kamen Rider Gaim it's not like there's been another Kamen Rider show that didn't have the main rider present in the final episode....oh Ryuki) I will bring up that Kaito has started falling for Mai, or sees her as his equal as their previous encounters. There is also Micchi. The First Woman also appeared to those three shortly after their first transformation or during their first transformation. I don't think anyone else was visited by her. Aside from Mai.

Basically my theory is that the Gaim universe is stuck in a domino/cycle effect. Humans get fruit > Turn into Femushinmu > Create new world with new Humans > Humans get fruit > So the story goes

Roshuo and the Overlord Queen was clearly human. Helheim invaded and Roshuo took the fruit and created a new world using the fruit. Such as Rosuho and the Overlord Queen is Adam and Eve.

So let's say Micchi gets the fruit. He will follow the Rosuho path and protect only his love, and will turn into a monster with whomever he saves. He may keep some people safe but he creates a new world with new humans who eventually will have to deal with Helheim and himself. He may also end the domino effect by killing the new world.

Kaito will still protect Mai because she is strong, and anyone else he deems to be strong. His population size of those he keeps alive will be much bigger than what Roshuo did, he will still turn into a monster with the people. Same story a new world would be formed and eventually new people will come stop him. He may welcome the continuance of the domino effect since it creates stronger and stronger people.

Kouta will end the domino in an alternative way. He will make sure helheim is destroyed with the fruit thus killing himself in the process which was discussed in the episode last week and the start of this episode.

Sagara is Lucifer in this story. He wants the domino to stop, the cycle is the work of God. Thus is why he is trying to force his hand onto both Roshuo and Kouta. They too want the cycle to stop. So he tempts them into working into his plan. Which is why he keeps on giving Kouta power like the snake gave Eve knowledge through the apple.

Last week I mentioned there were 5 major fights left.

Roshuo
Redue

Duke
Micchi
Baron

Considering two of them just got erased in one episode with there being anywhere from 6-8 episodes left... I will call

Twist Final Boss - Demon Sagara.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I have a feeling that Roshuo wasn't really trying to give it his all. That's why he gave Mai the power and sent her back. He was just testing Kouta.

Throughout the series, Roshuo has shown that he's not a bad guy. The evil stuff that he ends up doing comes from good intentions.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

"The path to hell is paved with good intentions." as they say. But yea Roshuo was likely more there to see their resolve as oppose to challenging them to kill him.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Alessar wrote: FIRST woman? That's not Eve. THAT'S LILITH. Mai might be "Eve" in this story with Kouta (or Kaito depending on who wins) being the father of the new world along with her. The white haired woman - someone from a previous dimension invaded by Hellheim or maybe even the one who started the process. Well, we'll have to see. But I suddenly feel even more than ever we're in the kind of tweaked mythology universe you saw in IPs like Xenogears and even Evangelion.
Although this theory could be true it was Eve who got hint from snake about forbidden fruit took it out of tree and gave it to Adam. Since the role in here looks like chsing the one who will have golden fruit I think Eve fits and first woman could refer to one who got fruit first and not the first one created. I think Kouta and Kaito have a Cain/Abel kind of relation so my guess is Kouta will receive fruit than Kaito will kill him :p
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

this show's crazy and I love it.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

EonStrife wrote:
Ya know, just random thought popped into my head. Every refers to our favorite DJ as 'The Snake', and mystery Mai is the First Woman which, in some cases would mean Eve... Where the hell is Adam in all of this?
Maybe something much simpler...dum dum dum....'First Woman' is time travelling Mai that intended to change history ?... (the current Mai ended up having red right eye, the First Woman also had red eye on her right eye).. Maybe she has done this several iterations (time loop) in order to save Kouta. But, by the end of the series, Kouta will sacrifice himself for a greater good, he becomes a concept, rewrites the law of universe so that Helheim forest cannot invade any other worlds anymore, and nobody will remember him except Mai. And in the upcoming Movie Taisen, Mai was distraught, she slowly loses herself in order to bring back Kouta, which she managed to do. But, in the end, that means she sacrifices herself, and Kouta can live happily in Zawame.

oh wait, this sounds familiar !
:mrgreen:

Knowing Urobuchi, there's gonna be at least some big metaphysical conclusion to this series. Sagara has already pointed out exactly two paths for Kouta to take, so we know Kouta's gonna break this deadlock by choosing the third option (whatever that is, but will most definitely involve a great sacrifice).
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Kogashi wrote:Really it seems to come down to the interests or research done by the writer for material or how deeply they study the stories or religions which, since Christianity isn't such a untouchable 'hey you can't make fun of this you're offending me!' thing in Japan they're more likely to find and refer to things that are not ordinary Christianity knowledge as writers are in America, or even Europe... Is what I should have brought up earlier.
If you want to go into other works, the Shin Megami Tensei series comes to mind.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Alessar wrote:Really I think when you're doing something mythic, you're going to research and dig up all kinds of apocrypha. The SMT series is a major franchise and Lilith has been a huge part of it. I don't think it's too obscure at all.

Anyway, now that I said it, a lot of things just lined up in my mind. The forbidden fruit is clearly a golden apple (perhaps working in a golden apple of the Hesperides reference here - the apple Eris threw at some goddesses that ended up causing the Trojan war). Nice mashup of the conflict symbolism along with the biblical angle of Eve tempting Adam with an apple. And Eve was put up to it by a Snake aka the devil... which while the actual fruit came from Roshuo it was probably Sagara's plan all along. And Sagara is not one of the Femushin, so now I'm really pretty sure he and First Woman came from either the dimension that Helheim invaded directly previously or even much further up the chain...
Funny how you talk about doing research on apocrypha and then immediately continue to claim that the snake was the devil. I thought this was explained a whole bunch of weeks ago that the snake did the temptation thing because it was a snake, not because it was satan. If it was satan, then why did the snake even get punished?
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Because most people's understanding of the Bible is filtered through centuries of misunderstandings, apocrypha, and fanfic.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.

Post by Kuchiri »

The way I always understood it was the snake was an embodiment of evil. There's a whole thing on the evolution of Satan and the serpent is part of the list. Basically the evil had to grow into something.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

The bible fanfics are my favorite way of learning about the Lord's word.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”