Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Gaim 42 released

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

so, this random lockseed you claim to have locked away because it was dangerous just HAPPENS to look like a recolored Budou lockseed, and its Arms looks like a mix of the only two non-Energy Arms Micchi has ever worn in the show, complete with using their weapons, AND it can summon at least one Overlord weapon that we've seen so far, despite you only just recently having seen that particular Overlord and not having even known about any Overlords besides Demushu until a few months ago?

I call BS and say he just made that thing using the data he collected from watching Kouta fight in Kiwami and watching Roshuo fight.

Sagara saying that "no one can stop a future in motion" has me thinking that the golden fruit will be turning Mai into the blonde Mai lookalike we've barely seen since around the debut of Kachidoki, and she'll be using its power to project her mind back through time to try and prevent all of this, only to instead just play out the role we've already seen her perform.

preview spoiler:
Spoiler
so Kaito becomes an Overlord? who wants to bet that somehow he's still not the final boss, even with only 5 episodes to go?

and I'm calling it that Micchi dies in Kouta's arms, though I can't say for sure if he'll get redeemed before the end or not. I've pretty much been expecting him to go out like that for months now.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

If there's anything to be learn, never trust Ryouma. In what he says or do. Especially when he gives you a random lockseed.

The man is trying to take out 3 birds at once. Let Micchi and Kouta destroy each other, while he duke it out (no pun intended) with Kaito.

What a genius that mad scientist is.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Something tells me that the ghost of Takatora Mitsuzane has been seeing for these episodes is just himself reflecting on his action based on what he (apparently) learned from his brother. He wants to get away from Takatora's way, but part of him is still holding it up.

That said, I really don't know whatever Mitsuzane could do to redeem himself after all this. Just like a certain White Tigger rider before him, doing a "good" deed at the last moment gave me a bad aftertaste for all things he had done, whether or not he was under a heavy delusion. They aren't tragic characters, and I don't think I'll miss either if they are gone.

All the while when they're fighting Rosshuo in previous episode, and Kouta never saw the wound on Kaito's arm as he writhed in pain? So much for caring for your buddy, shogun.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

KR_FIA wrote:Kouta never saw the wound on Kaito's arm as he writhed in pain? So much for caring for your buddy, shogun.
I just went back and look, Kouta passed out during that moment. :lol:

Plus even if he saw it, it's not far off to think that Kaito was screaming in pain because of Roshuo's attack.
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

DracusDemonica wrote:There is basically no explanation to how or why Yomotsuheguri Arms is equal to Kiwami Arms. Ryouma basically just pulls it out of a desk in a RANDOM HOSPITAL and says "Hey this is an evil lockseed that will most likely kill you. Good luck killing Kouta!" I'm all for power ups and Ryugen Yomi looks amazing but at least give us a decent explanation about where it comes from. I mean when I heard about it last week I was thinking either Sagara gave it to him or he somehow got it from Ryudues corpse. That would of been interesting.
Was thinking the same thing. I assumed he must have "built" the lockseed somehow some time ago and just happened to have kept it at the desk a short moment ago (like when they just arrive at the hospital) before the scene of him actually pulling out the lockseed
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Thought it was a workshop of Ryouma's, not some random Hospital that was abandoned.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Y'know, I'm all for Yomostuheguri arms, considering the budget they must have for new suits this far into the show it looks cool enough. Except I just wish they would have painted the gun & the back of the Kiwi head so this didn't look so much like a last-minute addition.

And Kaito returns to his "Fuck the weak" dickishness, not that he ever left much in the first place.
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

Kogashi wrote:Thought it was a workshop of Ryouma's, not some random Hospital that was abandoned.
I thought this too, considering Ryouma was so adamant about going and that he'd help her...

As for just happening to have the lock in the drawer, we're talking about Ryouma here. This is the guy who has practically been fooling everyone continuously. How do we know he wasn't experimenting with lockseeds that drain life forces? Or that in his prototypes he happened to make one with a fault?
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkCrusnik »

there is an error, i didnt read anyone's comment so , im sorry if it has been mentioned
when peko carries mai with ryuoma to the hospital, he says (at 5:57) "what an shabby hospital"
shouldnt it be a? because its only an with vowels? if im wrong im sorry!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

You're correct. This happened because the line used to say "what an old hospital" but old got changed to shabby without adjusting the "an" part. Whoops!
DracusDemonica
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Gaim!
Quote: Ichigeki in the Shadow
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DracusDemonica »

After re-watching it I think I might of just flown off the handle a bit with my rant. It makes sense if Ryouma had somehow made it with all the information from his little clip show, then just implanted the Overlord weapons and the Kiwi Gekirin into a bidou lockseed. Adding the Overlords power could also explain why it is so fatal to use. As for the hospital, it could be possible that either he preemptively set it up for when he found Mai or it was a front for one of his labs.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

HarryFA1 wrote:And Kaito returns to his "Fuck the weak" dickishness, not that he ever left much in the first place.
It's not a "fuck the weak" philosophy, though. Kaito is just a Rules of Nature kind of guy; he accepts that the strong will rule those weaker than they are, and believes it's morally wrong for the strong to concern themselves overmuch with the welfare of those beneath them, unless doing so advances the goals of the strong.

You can see it throughout the series, he wants people to become stronger and refuses to become bogged down in giving too much of a damn about the random people who can't fight for themselves. It's not explicitly martial strength, either, because he adores Mai for having the character strength to keep dancing even in the midst of this hellscape Zawame has become. And even though Kouta is ridiculously strong, Kaito's been pushing him to develop that same kind of character strength, to find his convictions and live them no matter what.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

takenoko wrote:Ryouma is 100% lying about the surgery to get the Golden Fruit. I'll guarantee it.
Ryoma does not seam like a liar to me. He is more into manipulative half-truths. I would say that yes, he is doing the surgery, but without any intention of saving Mai.
Conan_Edogawa wrote:I call BS and say he just made that thing using the data he collected from watching Kouta fight in Kiwami and watching Roshuo fight.
Indeed. The feature set ties in perfectly with his recent acts of battle surveying.

A power that rapidly drains the user's lifeforce. Seems utterly convenient to resolve the Micchi storyline without requiring Kouta to give up on him and kill him.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Ryoma does not seam like a liar to me. He is more into manipulative half-truths. I would say that yes, he is doing the surgery, but without any intention of saving Mai.

What? How is that a half truth versus an outright lie? XD
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

You can deceive people without outright lyirng if you take care of how you word things, by manipulating assumptions and omitting details. Sengoku says that removing the fruit might save Mai and that he will do it. Assuming your translation is faithful to the original wording, he will do something that might save Mai, but that need not necessarily be his intention or priority. He will try to remove the fruit to gain it for himself, not caring whether Mai survives or not. But he will have kept his word - that he will perform the procedure.

Urgh... just noticed the misspelling in my post with seam/seem. Yuck.

Also, something that I could ignore up until this episode, but becomes more jarring now: The art-major take on evolution rears its ugly face. I could accept the Professor's talk on Helheim taking humanity to the next stage of evolution before, pretending he was talking about a concept drastically different from Darwinian evolution. But with Sagara/Helheim talking about fish->reptile and ape->human evolution, I cannot help but rant that EVOLUTION DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY.

Speaking of Sagara, is there anything in Japanese that relates "Saga" to snakes? First Saga from Kiva, now Sagara, both have a snake motif going on.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”