KR Gaim 43 released

Such a fruit
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: KR Gaim 43 released

Post by TokuCasual »

"if Mai had the power to go back in time, then didn't she tell them directly and not like in riddles?"

I thought the episode made it pretty clear that spiritual time traveling is a tough one, the connections is on and off, words gets mixed up and the message can't be sent through clearly. Mai herself said so, her words aren't coming out as she want them. That or Sagara himself is jamming the signal purposely.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

In Gaim, it's clear that it stands by the belief that, even if you attempt to travel back in time and change what has happened, doing so only ensures what has happened. Like, if she had traveled back in time to stop the Titanic from sinking, her appearing there would have been a factor in what caused the sinking of the Titanic. The theory of time travel suggesting that your traveling in time was fated to happen to start with, thus all time stays the same. While you can step into an earlier part of a stream, you cannot divert it simply by stepping there.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

There's also the issue of time paradox. Like, Mai only has the Fruit because of the events of the series. The Fruit isn't so powerful it can rewrite its own history, so the only things she can get across are things which ensure Gaim happens exactly the same way.

If you've ever seen The Time Machine starring Guy Pierce, you've seen this idea; he builds a time machine to save his wife from death, but the paradox is that she needs to die to allow him to build the machine. Her death is his motivation, so if she doesn't die, he never builds it; but if he never builds it, he cannot save her, and thus she dies. Pime taradox.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

Right, you can't use a power to prevent yourself from gaining the power in the past, because you could only do so with that power, which you would not have in the future if you used it to prevent yourself from having it in the past so you HAVE to have that power in the future, so anything done in the past will insure that you have it in the future... Or maybe a Wizard did it...
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

It's Decade's fault.
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

Well,

Bye bye Prof'! His own arrogance led him to this downfall, well, along with Kaito's quest for power.

As for Kaito, to me he seems complex. While he wants power and will do anything to obtain it, he does have a sense good in his own way. I don't know if it will stick at this point since he's changed but that's what has kept me interested in him; a person who wants power but at the same time will be decent to people.

The scene between Micchi and Kouta was rather powerful. Kouta forgave him even though the sour grape did all those dirty things to him!! And it's very hard, for most people, to forgive such a person. It caused a backlash on Micchi since he was so blinded over his love for Mai and quest for power, leaving him empty along with the loss of everything else.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Well he's going to destroy the whole world and remake it in his own colors wouldn't that mean he would have to kill the people as well?
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Damn, Mai. If you wanted to go back to the past, you should have just boarded the DenLiner.

Warning from the future failing to do anything. This is so butchery especially after Madoka.

Ryouma was a smart bastard, but his arrogance leads to his own death.

The reason why Kaito is able to control the Helheim's influence might be due to the fact that his body is already "accustomed" to the poisoning, even if it's by the grit of his own teeth. Still, I suppose we have a new Overlord after their extinction.

Spoiler
Judging by the preview, Kaito will be rallying against humanity for dominance. How can Mai and Kouta patch this up?

Spoiler
Here's still hoping Mitsuzane will take a deathblow for Kouta
bowspearer
Go Go!
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by bowspearer »

Man this one was depressing whilst being half satisfying. Kouta's been described as a fool, but this ep just showed the love and faith he has in his friends - even when they totally lose the plot and their minds like Micchi. As for Micchi, at this point, he's had the redemption moment, meaning that it'll be interesting to see where he goes.

Spoiler
Then there's Ryoma. I'm only sorry his grave isn't real so I can dance on it - that and that he wasn't killed by way of death by mental retardation. By that I mean the "smug genius" copping multiple head injuries which resulted in rapidly compounding brain injuries until he was left as such a drooling vegetable that his mind wasn't even capable of maintaining basic human functions like breathing. Vicious? Maybe, but the slimy worm of a grub definitely warrants such hatred and such a death by this point.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Now that I look closely, Kaito's wound is a bit different from the other victim in that his wound seems to be some sort of pattern instead of a normal vines growing out of the victim of Helheim's wound. Plus the fact that he was wounded by an Overlord with a weapon seems to contribute to how he was able to achieve Banana Overlord form? Other victim gets their wound from being attacked directly by the normal Invess, so.....

Guess this only leaves Duke as the only Genesis Rider huh? Let's see how Minato handles that.

Why didn't the First Woman met Takatora back in time is 1 of the question I'm wondering too. But seeing this episode makes me realize why. Mai didn't really met Takatora before, of course she didn't bother to meet him in the past. It would make more sense if she just warned Oren or Minato instead.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

She didn't go back to warn Takatora, CAUSE SHE DON'T CARE IF HE DIES :T
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

toni2212 wrote:Guess this only leaves Duke as the only Genesis Rider huh? Let's see how Minato handles that.
By popping Cherry Energy and continuing on as normal.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I don't actually did Mai caused this shit to happen. It's more that this shit happened -despite- what she did.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Kilowog wrote:Well,

Bye bye Prof'! His own arrogance led him to this downfall, well, along with Kaito's quest for power.

As for Kaito, to me he seems complex. While he wants power and will do anything to obtain it, he does have a sense good in his own way. I don't know if it will stick at this point since he's changed but that's what has kept me interested in him; a person who wants power but at the same time will be decent to people.

The scene between Micchi and Kouta was rather powerful. Kouta forgave him even though the sour grape did all those dirty things to him!! And it's very hard, for most people, to forgive such a person. It caused a backlash on Micchi since he was so blinded over his love for Mai and quest for power, leaving him empty along with the loss of everything else.
Be decent to people? What? Anyone deemed weak would probably not even be allowed in Kaito's world.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I dunno. I imagine that the weak in Kaito's world would be crushed by the world itself.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”