Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Gaim 43 released

Post by takenoko »

Thinks about it. I'm good with it as it is. The truth is always ambiguous and subjective in the end.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:The truth is always ambiguous and subjective in the end.
Age however is not. :shock:
DarkraiOfDoom
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: TensouSentaiGoseiger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pie
Quote: What is game night?
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkraiOfDoom »

i don't know why... but the fight between duke and lord baron feels like the most... kamen rider-y fight we've had this entire show...

in any case, i wonder who's gonna end up being the final big bad, because i'm out of ideas, ryouma was who i was pinning to be the "final boss", and i don't feel like lord baron is gonna be it, plus, sagara can't be the final boss because he's a little ethereal. so who's it gonna beeeeeee.
List of KR/SS shows I've watched:

KR: All heisei era series bar Hibiki.

SS: Dekaranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyouryuuger and Akibaranger (unofficially).

Currently watching: KR Gaim and Tokkuger.
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

The only thing that ruined this episode for me was Mai and Sagara floating through time. It looked like a 90s educational video about the Internet or something.

Other than that, damn. Just, damn. Genesis drivers down left, right, and centre, feathers everywhere, and Kaito is a super-badass.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

I don't know how they did it, but they made me feel for Michi. Because I've been in that kind of situation where you've done something horrible, you're confused, you feel like you've ruined everything & you're the worst person in the world. And man, Kouta definately taking a top spot as one of my favourite riders, or even characters ever. Being able look at Micchi & see his best friend hurting on the inside, & then being able to forgive him. I wish Kouta was my best friend.

Also, I have almost never liked Kaito & I'm so glad he's the final boss (or at least seems to be). Finally becoming what he was always meant to be, a sociopathic monster (& also a Fangire).
Rashef
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W, Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 2
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Monkey Island

Post by Rashef »

Ladies and Gentlemen, Banana New Overlord.
:lol:

If someone told me 43 episodes back that a series with Fruit Themed Sengoku Inspired Riders will be not only awesome but also THIS awesome and grimdark at times I wouldn't believe it. So glad nobody told me that and I had to see for myself. ;]
My Copyright Infringing folder with random assortment of ripped Kamen Rider SFX is found right... HERE.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I was seriously not expecting that Kouta would sacrifice himself to save Micchi. It makes sense with his personality, I guess, but he seemed willing to beat that kid to death just a few episodes ago.

And let's not forget that everything from the middle of episode 38 onwards has been within the same day, pretty much. From Micchi kidnapping Mai to Mai's death, this is all within the same day. (I'm judging it by Kouta wearing the same shirt, which is becoming increasingly ragged.) So Kouta has gone, in an afternoon, from "I don't understand, Micchi is my friend" to "I won't hestiate to put my boot far enough up his ass that he tastes shoelaces" to "we'll be best friends forever, buddy *hackcoughwheeze*".
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Dang, I haven't even noticed that. But you're right. What a great week it is in the world of Gaim.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I did feel somewhat sorry whenever Kouta told Micchi that they'd be friends forever and all.....I flashed back to the beginning of the show where they were best friends and all. Then I remembered what a scheming manipulative bastard he's been.

You gotta love Ryouma's trolling though. "Why on earth would you believe me???" Was I the only one who took pleasure in that curbstomp battle?

So we're gearing up to a climatic battle between Kouta and Kaito. I personally can't wait.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Rashef wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, Banana New Overlord.
I for one, welcome our new banana overlord.
myman88
Gao
Location: Closer to Japan than the common TVN person, but still so far away.

Post by myman88 »

MadCow wrote:
Rashef wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, Banana New Overlord.
I for one, welcome our new banana overlord.
BARON DA! *Kaito angry face*

On a side note, I liked that small nod that Kaito made to Hase when he ate the fruit, saying to at least make him as strong as he was.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Should make Banana Split with triple scoops Ice cream ( since he was Mr.Magic into Mr.Treasure hunter and Mr.Tragic)... Having Ryouma death it's totally unnecessary since I always thought he was the biggest bad guy in the series and second goes to Sagara, just because the plots pushing to near end Uro suddenly channeling Kaito into evil just like Inoue did on Kiba from Faiz.

I love to see the way Ryugen stab Gaim KIwami armor. Mitsuzane fall into deeep deeeep despair. and Ryouma became wrecking ball and fall of from the building.

What make Kaito agile and gained his conciousness after eating that fruits? because of his wounds? what makes him so different from Hase and Rat?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Possibly already being wounded by an Overlord and being infected. Possibly cause he's one of the three champions chosen by Future Past First Last Woman Mai. Possibly just the force of Kaito's will and just that grander. Possibly cause he's used the belt for so long while 'poisoned'. Possibly he ate the fruit without being tempted by the fruit. Possibly cause it makes sense narrative wise.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
andyreal
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Iwashimizu Luna
Favorite Actor?: Miura Ryousuke
Favorite Band: Aqua Timez
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Ore Sanjou
Quote: Finish what you leaved undone

Post by andyreal »

Too many possibilities in the ending arc
FudgeNuggetPug
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by FudgeNuggetPug »

I should put more effort on spending time here. T_T
Okay, the two episodes was pretty tragic, but somewhat well executed.
Micchi all broken down into nothing: as much as it was satisfying to see his plan fail, it was pretty tragic to see that everything had he done was all for nothing.
I mean before he gets the Yomi lockseed, he is pretty devastated that Mai has the fruit in her and is dying. It was pretty obvious that he had feelings for Mai (I think it was on episode 3, there was some “proof” that he had feelings for Mai) and when he kidnapped her, he did it for the sake of her survival (otherwise why would he take her to the Overlord King)
When he realized that she was dying and Ryoma promising to remove the fruit, he would do anything for her, even willing to the point of using the Yomi lockseed that will slowly kill him.
Also Ryoma, even with the chaos that is happening around him, his mind is “in the past”. He somewhat reminds of me Flay from Gundam Seed as she was “focused on the past”.
Kaito turning into an Inves: his fight against Ryoma was good as he knew that Ryoma was only trying to “save himself” (At least Micchi tried to redeem himself.) He knew that he was going to die by the poison, so I guess he took the gamble as he had the resolve and I think that’s what makes his change different; he still had his mind intact as a result.
I actually expected Kota to kill Micchi, so I was pretty surprised that he dropped his sword and taking the blow. Some people may say that Kota was stupid, but honestly, Kota has been trying to bring back Micchi despite everything he did. He even says that before he “died” as he still considered him as a friend. I mean, yeah, Kota is coming back, but, his action regarding Micchi was like he was willing to do anything to bring back his friend, I think?
Mai was, to be honest in my opinion, is the most tragic of them all. So she was the one that didn’t want anyone to fight/die and yet when she uses her power of going back in time and to stop them, she basically caused it. She’s like Homura from Madoka.
The one thing that made me curious was if Mai had the power to go back in time, then didn’t she tell them directly and not like in riddles?
Well, that’s all I have to say

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”