KR Gaim 43 released

Such a fruit
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Gaim 43 released

Post by Catastrophe »

Kogashi wrote:She didn't go back to warn Takatora, CAUSE SHE DON'T CARE IF HE DIES :T
Well, given she didn't know him at all, then that's probably why. It's probably more to do with the fact that as an adult character, he's already fully developed. If you notice what each of the other 3 main riders say in their response, it pretty much foreshadows their ultimate fate. Quite nice in a way. I really like the scene on the roof talking to Sagara.

Although, one thing I don't get is why Sagara would try to sway her from going back in time and saying its dangerous, if he then says straight away that her appearing to them is what led him onto the frontrunners.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I decided to start rewatching the series from the beginning (at the rate I watch, I'll be caught up around when the finally airs) and noticed some neat parallels with early episodes.

We've already seen that the first time Kouta used Ichigo arms it was as a sign of his friendship with Micchi, and the last time he ever used it was the episode where Micchi finally decided Kouta was no longer his friend, but another interesting thing to note is, the shirt Kouta's currently wearing is the same one he wore when he first used Ichigo arms, so he wore it when he saved Micchi from being beaten up by Baron at the start of the series, and he wears it as he saves Micchi from his own self destructive plan now.

also, Kaito in episode 8 and Kaito now (partially last episode, too). he's with a girl (Mai/Minato respectively) who discovers a cut on his arm that he received in a previous episode from a green colored enemy (Bravo/Redue respectively) which causes him some pain while he tries to fight, but chooses to ignore rather than treat himself. it's not until after being defeated in Banana arms that he decides to use a new fruit (Mango/Helheim fruit respectively) for the sake of having the power to defeat an enemy he's not currently strong enough to fight (Invess/Ryouma respectively).
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

dancercotillion wrote:By popping Cherry Energy and continuing on as normal.
What? Why Cherry Energy? I was under the assumption if she was going to go along with the Driver as it is and became a new Duke, or do some modification to the Driver in order to stay as Malika.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Because I am a colossal retard who forgot she uses Peach, not Cherry.

(I know a stripper named Cherry, this is seriously why I always think of cherries as being related to women.)
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

Revorse wrote:
Kilowog wrote:Well,

Bye bye Prof'! His own arrogance led him to this downfall, well, along with Kaito's quest for power.

As for Kaito, to me he seems complex. While he wants power and will do anything to obtain it, he does have a sense good in his own way. I don't know if it will stick at this point since he's changed but that's what has kept me interested in him; a person who wants power but at the same time will be decent to people.

The scene between Micchi and Kouta was rather powerful. Kouta forgave him even though the sour grape did all those dirty things to him!! And it's very hard, for most people, to forgive such a person. It caused a backlash on Micchi since he was so blinded over his love for Mai and quest for power, leaving him empty along with the loss of everything else.
Be decent to people? What? Anyone deemed weak would probably not even be allowed in Kaito's world.

It's confusing and somewhat complex because of certain actions he has done which suggest this.

For example when one of his members got hurt during an Inves raid when he was fighting Oren, he stopped to help take care of him, rather than keep fighting. And he's protected people who couldn't protect themselves, and even gave Micchy a whooping for trying to shoot Kouta in the back.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that though he's power-hungry he did it struggling and straightforward rather than using guile and deceit.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Kaito is not hard to figure out. Those who are weak, deserve nothing, that includes getting to choose the fate of those who are weak. Only those who are truly strong, only those who are physically strong, mentally strong, emotionally strong, and strong of conviction have the right to exist. Not control others, not to hold some right over others. Simply, to exist.

In Kaito's mind, the world is being ruined by those who are weak; cowards, liars, manipulators, those who show compassion or softness. He has stated many times before, that he is not against the idea of the world being destroyed, and simply start over with only those strong enough not to be crushed by the forest. Kaito is not power hungry, not in the standard sense of it. You do not get power for some goal. Power, itself, is the goal. Power is not a means to an end, power is the means and the end. You have to start off strong, and then keep being strong, to remain strong.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I mean, it's not complicated. Kaito's philosophy is simply the law of the jungle, baby. Perhaps it is not Kaito who is cruel, but simply the world itself?

Speaking of which, there was a real good moment in the second season of the Walking Dead game where the weak are literally eaten by the world.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

Correction. Kaito's belief is people's general misunderstanding of the law of the jungle. While it's described as 'Survival of the fittest', nature is more accurately described by the phrase 'non-survival of the least able to adapt.' These are highly different concepts, the first suggesting only the strongest are allowed to continue and all who fall under that bar are doomed. The 'non-survival' phrase however, points out how nature actually works. While the predators eat prey animals if they cannot escape, that does not mean all prey animals are eaten, nor that all predators catch their prey. And yet the predators still exist, as do the prey. Those who do not keep alive, are those unable to change. CHANGE, is what decides if a species will survive till the next generation. It's not if they're able to do the same thing better, but if they're able to keep up with the changes of an environment.

And this fact goes even further too, beyond simply animals. This fact of adaptation = survival is true even on a social and cultural level. *is dragged away as he keeps trying to give his lecture, slowly making grander and grander suggestions yet making less and less sense*
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh okay. Well adapting is a way of becoming stronger!
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Some laws break you.

Kaito believes it's the duty of the strong to steward the world in a responsible way. He doesn't think bullies and cowards should rule; this is why he hated Yggdrasil, attacked Micchi, and fought the Femushinmu. He may believe himself to be best suited to be in charge, but I think now that he's an Overlord, he'll wind up becoming exactly what he's always hated: a bully.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

He'll probably end up dying realizing that.
toni2212 wrote:What? Why Cherry Energy? I was under the assumption if she was going to go along with the Driver as it is and became a new Duke, or do some modification to the Driver in order to stay as Malika.
She probably doesn't have the knowledge of modifying the driver anyways. Besides the genesis driver isn't set for one person so it shouldn't matter if a different energy lockseed is used on it.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Some laws break you.

OOOKaiser wrote:He'll probably end up dying realizing that.
Oh, totally. Hell, he might even take his own life in shame. Then the modern day would be just like the Sengoku Era!
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

Just live more.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Some laws break you.

The wind of the moment says "Kaito is a dickbag."
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

takenoko wrote:I mean, it's not complicated. Kaito's philosophy is simply the law of the jungle, baby. Perhaps it is not Kaito who is cruel, but simply the world itself?

Speaking of which, there was a real good moment in the second season of the Walking Dead game where the weak are literally eaten by the world.
Who are you referring to in the Walking Dead game?

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”