Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gaim 44 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Gaim_44

The character clash that's been building throughout the whole series is finally coming to a head. It's only this good because of all the care that's gone into developing Kouta, Kaito, Mai and their relationship.

Also, another hand of applause to good-guy Zack. You know he's going to do something incredibly stupid and risky for himself, because that's just what a good-guy he is. What a solid bro.

I don't understand what the banana foreplay with Kouta was all about. Guess Kaito didn't want to show off his new toy right away.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Gaim 44 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I swear Kaito absorbed Micchi's obsession with Mai unless he only cares about her as a means to the Golden Fruit.

Nice callback to the beginning of episode 1 and all those people can stop wondering the beginning of the series meant anything.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

I feel like Kouta's supposed "death" was such a copout. I mean, we all probably knew he wasn't going to stay dead for the rest of the series, but for him to just get up and heal like it was nothing felt very underwhelming.

I got a feeling Mai will be the one who turns the whole situation around with some decision or ability we haven't seen yet, but it will be Kouta who capitalizes on it and wins the day. Otherwise, as it is now, everything is happening as Sagara had planned.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

At this point I don't think there is much Mai can do. She's pretty much the trophy in the battle between Kouta and Kaito.

We already know what both Riders plans to do once they win and obtain the fruit. My intrigue lies with Micchi. Where does he go from here?
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

Is it bad that every time I see Oren and Jounouchi go into battle, I expect one of them to die? I have since the Overlords came into it... Oh well, I guess they could be safer now.

Zack however...

Wonder where Mitsuzane is going to go now he basically has no purpose in life?

I think the whole Orange/Banana fight was to hark back to the early days. We never got a proper fight between the two when Kaito first transformed, but this time around we did. I also love how Kaito's human appearance has changed only slightly, he looks maniacal now.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

We've known that Kouta and Kaito would clash for awhile now....but damn I wasn't expecting the stakes to be raised so much. Both of them are basically Overlords with control over Helheim. Kaito though......I'm thinking there's more to his motivations...I seriously think he mostly wants to bring Mai back more than claim the Golden Fruit. And he knows that Kouta isn't going to give it his all unless he truly believes he's a threat.

And Zack.....what are you playing at? Waiting for the right moment? Does he know Kaito has some kind of plan? it's all very intriguing.
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

Zack had me going there for a moment. I really thought he was changing sides. He's come a long way from the beginning of the series(he was the one that shot Mai's lock seed out of her hand when she was battling with Team Baron for one of Team Gaim's stages with the mini Inves, which incidentally was the trigger that led to Kouta becoming Gaim). I'm guessing that Zack is making calculations and taking action. Obviously there was no way Oren and Jounouchi were going to win, even with Zack's help. He also realized that Kouta was at too much of a disadvantage to beat Kaito at that point, so he interrupted the battle.

Alternatively, he did actually betray Oren and Jounouchi, but changed his mind when Kouta glanced at him.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Wait, Kaito is ready to become a demon king bent on destruction of the old, to make way for the new? Like some kind of modern day version of Oda Nobunaga? Man, the present day really IS like the sengoku era.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I hope Zack doesn't die from taking a gamble. It's a shame the drivers for everyone keep getting destroyed as well.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

MadCow wrote:I feel like Kouta's supposed "death" was such a copout. I mean, we all probably knew he wasn't going to stay dead for the rest of the series, but for him to just get up and heal like it was nothing felt very underwhelming.

I got a feeling Mai will be the one who turns the whole situation around with some decision or ability we haven't seen yet, but it will be Kouta who capitalizes on it and wins the day. Otherwise, as it is now, everything is happening as Sagara had planned.
Because they don't want second Ryuki on the epilogue
gralter3290
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
2nd Favorite Series: Chōjin Sentai Jetman
Favorite Band: AFI
Quote: The power to overcome oneself...

The power to overcome one's limitations...

The power of one's will...that overcome death.

Post by gralter3290 »

this was great cant wait to c the battle for it all
Just follow me
Come into my world
Believe in my sanctuary
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

this episode was a heck of a ride. 3 episodes left. where are we gonna go with this?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Leonsagara wrote:Zack had me going there for a moment. I really thought he was changing sides. He's come a long way from the beginning of the series(he was the one that shot Mai's lock seed out of her hand when she was battling with Team Baron for one of Team Gaim's stages with the mini Inves, which incidentally was the trigger that led to Kouta becoming Gaim). I'm guessing that Zack is making calculations and taking action. Obviously there was no way Oren and Jounouchi were going to win, even with Zack's help. He also realized that Kouta was at too much of a disadvantage to beat Kaito at that point, so he interrupted the battle.

Alternatively, he did actually betray Oren and Jounouchi, but changed his mind when Kouta glanced at him.
It was Peko who fired the shot but Zack did order the shot though.
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

Are the missing frames at 21:29 part of the motion blur effect? It's exagerated if compared to the other strikes (and it doesn't follow the action at all).

Anyway, finally at least one guy in the show got that yelling in someone's face doesn't really help to stop a fight.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think that's just part of the super speed effects.

And yeah, it was Peko who used the slingshot. Zack's a real honorable guy. Peko starts off as weak and cowardly, but he had a little arc and his true colors showed when he revealed that he actually does compete in Team Baron for his love of dancing.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”