KR Gaim 45 released

Such a fruit
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: KR Gaim 45 released

Post by Leonsagara »

takenoko wrote:I dunno. I was never under the impression that she was in love with Kaito. It just struck me more of a "I'm dying, say something sweet to me" and Kaito just failing to rise to that since he's always just blunt and honest to a fault.
I think Kaito was trying to say something sweet, she just didn't understand it. I interpreted it as something along the lines of I want you, even though you don't have the Golden Fruit.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

It came across more as "I like you, but I will plant your ass in the ground myself to get that Fruit."
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

'Liking you or not has nothing to do with my want of the fruit.' combined with 'I want you because you have the fruit. You having the fruit means I want you' to Mai.. Geez Kaito, what a charmer.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

That fight is amazing. Namely because these guys are giving it their all. Kouta isn't trying to show off, or stall or anything. He's fighting with everything he has and it definitely shows. He has resolve and dammit, it's freaking scary to see him determined.

Also, the stakes are epic and it shows. Other shows say that a final battle is high stakes, but it never feels like it. Or they start big and end up disappointing (I'm looking at you OOO). I loved every second of this and it's wonderful to see this show is in it's endgame WITHOUT things seeming rushed.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

So much emotional performances in this episode. Darn, shit got real and intense. Got me actually caring for each and every one of them. Didn't expect Youko to die though. Does she have a crush on Kaito? This show doesn't do a good job of explaining these feelings. Also want to know why Kaito all of a sudden wants Mai. He likes her? Why? It was nice to see Zack sacrifice himself as he has come a long way from the beginning of the series.
Last edited by chronoxiong on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Yeah, the way Zack went out this episode didn't really seem like a "killing-blow", so I kinda hope he isn't dead, or he at least gets a final scene with Peko or something.
ChibiZyuJin
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by ChibiZyuJin »

If studio pulls something like "With golden fruit, Kouta brings everyone bak" kind of shit, I'm gonna burn Toei down... I expected nothing from this series after Wizard(A huge disappointment) since this was a fruit themed rider show but things got really good and probably best toku show I've ever watched. (Since Gokaiger...:P) I don't want it to be ruined by some shitty "everyone is alive for no reason but we don't give a shit" ending
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

I was thinking about the possibilty of having a resurrection ending. And honestly I don't think it would be that bad. From a character standpoint, it wouldn't be unbelievable for Kouta, if he had unlimited power, to want to bring back people like Takatora, Hase & Yuuya given his whole "no sacrifices" speech back in 23. And it would also go against their "fates", showing that nothing is ever set in stone.

But at this point, we don't know. All we can do is wait.
andyreal
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Iwashimizu Luna
Favorite Actor?: Miura Ryousuke
Favorite Band: Aqua Timez
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Ore Sanjou
Quote: Finish what you leaved undone

Post by andyreal »

OMG. Too many tears and epic battle in Rider History. Tables and chairs setting. Hmmm I guess it's belong to Donuts Hungry shop. I don't think Zack was dead. He probably knockout
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

I don't think a resurrection ending is possible without a deus ex machina. Otherwise, Roshuo would have done it for his love already.
[kuronogantzryu]
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Mirei Kiritani
Favorite Actor?: Tatsuya Fujiwara

Post by [kuronogantzryu] »

I'm glad they finally answered the question of Kouta being an Overlord. Him eating that fruit really gave me the emotional chills.

I love how interesting this show is written. So much stuff can be tied back to the earlier EPs and even the OP spoils Kouta losing his humanity.
ImageImage
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

So Kaito shares similar vision like Raoh. Instead of culling the weak, he means to create a new world without any oppression. This is only possible if the ruler is not susceptible to corruption.

All things happening and Mitsuzane is still brooding. Still waiting for his next move.

That last 3 minutes is arguably the most epic battle I've seen from neo Heisei series. Hopefully the conclusion will be worth it.

There's still one thing I don't understand. Shouldn't Kiwami Arm be one of the Fruit of Knowledge, or rather, a portion of its power? Why isn't Kaito attempting to take it for himself?
Tigerjoe
Number 6
Number 6

Post by Tigerjoe »

I don't think Yoko's death is pointless at all. Her character develops in the background during the whole saga and her death is not unexpected. She was drawn to strong characters, yes, but it's clear that she saw Kaito as something more than she's willing to say. It's rather unfortunate that Kaito's backstory wasn't explored very well, since it's almost lost to the viewers that he and Mai were childhood friends. So we have Kaito who is hell bent on getting Mai back and Yoko who can only wish that she was Mai. She could have been written to live through the end, but I imagine that she would lose her purpose. Yoko is by far the strongest character in the series who could have been a true contender for the fruit but true to her namesake she destined herself to be queen no matter what the outcome.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't know if story elements need to always be made fully explicit. It's good enough that they implied Kaito used to know Mai through their common backstories. If Kaito cares about Mai, it isn't because she's his childhood friend, but because of what he sees in her now.

It's too bad we don't get to see Youko's full potential as a contender for the Golden Fruit, but that was really never who she was. I think it's a little more true to her character and storyline for this to be her ending, as much as it disappoints people. Maybe it would have been better if she had died in battle against Zack or something. Although that would go against Zack's character since I can't see him killing a fellow human to get to Kaito.

A well established character is a double edged sword. You like them more and they seem more real, but at the same time you can't have them doing dumb stuff that would be out of character. That'd ruin the suspension of disbelief.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”