2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: KR Gaim 46 released

Post by MadCow »

This episode felt like a final one with resolution and all, so it feels really weird that there's gonna be another one next week.

Funny thing, when they revealed Kouta's final form, the very first thing that came to my mind was, Zoisite! So Zoisite got the princess and the legendary golden fruit, and went to live happily ever after in the Dark Kingdom. :lol:
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Personally, I'd expect Kouta to restore Kaito into a normal human being before leaving for Nebula M78. That said, it's an outcome I didn't anticipate, so it's all good.

Just as you guys said, the chemistry between Mai and Kouta is rather forced. They didn't really spend much time on forging a relationship throughout the series.

It's odd how Hase was mentioned again after all that, especially with the little inconsistency between the armored riders. With his belt broken, only Hase has undergone a withdrawal and gotten delusions of being attacked. Is this implying that Junouichi and Zack have more will power than he did (Oren's obviously made from sterner stuff with him preventing himself from eating the fruit), or it's just that his belt was destroyed within Helheim?

So Kaito didn't really put much effort into "killing" Zack. Guess he still cared for his peers even as an Overlord.

So Mitsuzane didn't get the punishment he richly deserved. At least he wouldn't be called a hero, I guess. Takatora's banter with Kouta at the end sure parallels with the first time when they met.

Then there's this next episode... Oh well, let's see how it will turn out.
andyreal
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Iwashimizu Luna
Favorite Actor?: Miura Ryousuke
Favorite Band: Aqua Timez
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Ore Sanjou
Quote: Finish what you leaved undone

Post by andyreal »

This happened before in
Spoiler
Kuuga, and W
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I remember in one of the first eps that everyone in Team Gaim saw Kouta and Mai acting as a couple. It was when Kouta came back in the Team after getting his power. I think it was eps 3.

Personally, Micchy already got his punishment since he can't bear to be with the friends he wanted to protect but ended up betraying. Also, Mai and Kouta, the two people he cared the most leaved for a distant planet.
He probably can't bear the fact that he acted that way because he thought that Kouta was wrong and ended up being right about how to do it, and that in the end, he lost everything while trying to protect the most important things to him.
Saving a few people is probably better than saving nobody and he probably thought that he couldn't save more than that, since he didn't believed in Kouta's thinking, which, considering how things happened for him since the beginning, is not surprising.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, but just because some people think that doesn't mean that's the case. That's just the nature of gossip.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I assume that there wasn't need to develop a relationship between Kouta and Mai since they knew each other for probably years before the show even started.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

So, Kouta becomes a white man and ascends to godhood of his own planet. Next time, on Kamen Rider Fundamentalist Mormon, Kouta marries his fifth wife; can he survive the wrath of Mai, who feels ignored in favour of newer women?!

I assume next week's episode will answer the question of "how will we bring back Kouta for the obligatory Drive crossover?" I hope the answer is not "rolling back the entire ending."
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Is there anything to answer though? Kouta's pretty much a type of god at this point. I'm sure he'd find a way to leave his planet for at least an hour and 30 mins to come help Drive.
KamenGamer
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Henshin
Quote: I think therefore I am

Post by KamenGamer »

How awesome has this series been. I mean seriously this has to be one of the best damn Kamen Rider series toei has ever come up with. The story, the actors, the characters, the suits, the action, the music, just eveything about it has been awesome and I don't think anything can compare in my books. I love all the mythology behind the series as well mainly the whole Fruit of Wisdom/First Man and Woman (the bible) and Yggdrasil and Helhiem (norse myths). It seriously has been an awesome series sad to see it go but looking forward to KR drive, but still Gaim series 2 yes please.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Am I the only one who anticipates Michii to suddenly come and snatch the Fruit of Wisdom from himself just right before Kouta takes a bite? I mean Kouta was taking his time to take that bite, so I thought maybe... *_*

Anyways, great episode and a fitting conclusion on Urobuchi's part. Since he's not going to write the final episode, I feel he concluded what he has to say in Gaim on this episode itself; in a way, if the finale written by someone else DO suck, at least it won't affect or crumble the things he developed throughout the series. Nice play Urobutcher, nice play.

Despite many people's belief that Kouta/Mai thing seemed rush/unreal, I beg to differ. I mean they've always been good friends. Remember the part Michii doubted and insulted Kouta? Mai gave him an ultimate bitch slap. Remember when Kouta was down, blaming himself for Yuuya's death? She hugged him. On a bench. At night. For a long time. That scene itself already hinted there could be something more.

And she has always, always believed in Kouta over everyone else in the series. I agree their on-screen chemistry needs a bit more work, but Mai being with Kouta is so pre-planned in the series.

With Kaito, he's more like her childhood friend who has changed so much, she barely know him anymore. Throughout the course of the series, she tried to return him to his past self, to the person she knew. That's all. At some point it becomes obvious Kaito cared a lot for Mai than he admits, and may even have a crush on her but I can't feel or sense the same from Mai towards Kaito.

Great final battle, with the two of them very equally matched. I'm glad it's not some typical Rider-gets-beaten-to-crap-cause-opponent-too-strong, then some words of encouragement came from friends or so, then Rider gave a long ass lecture on why he's right, and then miraculously beats the overpowering villain cause the Rider needs to win. Their battle felt really real right till the end.

Pretty shocked Zack and Takatora survived. I was so sure they're goners. Oh well. But job very well done on wrapping Michii's story. As for Hase's.... damn that's weird. Gone for months, no one cares. Crisis over and suddenly Jonouchi is brooding over him. Wut -_-

Everything else seemed wrapped up nicely, except for one thing: Kouta's sister. A little more on how she dealt with Kouta being gone would be nice. Hopefully the final episode dive in on that. Sorry for the extremely long ass post, am really excited over this episode and how Gaim turns out to be in the end. Great season, great characters. Set a whole new bar of standards for future Neo-Heisei riders. Peace out.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

A great finale to a great series. At some point I'll have to watch it through without the filler (which probably includes the next episode).

Kouta is sexy with blond hair.

I actually think it would have been better if Takatora had stayed in the coma. Things don't always work out. (Now I'm thinking Kouta must have used the fruit's power to fix the brain damage.)
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Let's be real. Kaito has chemistry with everyone. It just makes all the other relationships pale.

The Ryuki reset isn't so bad when you realize that it's not
Spoiler
1 reset it's a series of them, a repeating loop. The series as viewed isn't the first iteration, they've gone through things several times already and Odin keeps trying to do things better. IIRC the twist was that at the end of the show after the reset, the hero kept his memories of the previous loop instead of Odin, so it's more likely the next loop will vary.

I think that the final episode will tweak the ending in such a way that Gaim can come back for crossovers.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

darkmage02 wrote:Am I the only one who anticipates Michii to suddenly come and snatch the Fruit of Wisdom from himself just right before Kouta takes a bite? I mean Kouta was taking his time to take that bite, so I thought maybe... *_*
Michii had noooooooo motivation to continue fighting. Cause nothing he could do would turn Mai back from First Woman to regular Mai. And that was Michii's whole motivation for the last arc, was to keep Mai locked away and protected from everything even if that meant giving up on saving the world.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Does everyone remember in Kamen Rider W we had a super dark episode where W won and Philip died and everyone was saved then they decided to have an 'one year later' episode where Philip somehow was revived.

Yeah the next episode is probably like that.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

This show wouldn't dare pull a W, good sir.

That's for Drive to do every single episode, you see.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”