Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gaim 46 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Gaim_46

Haha, Kouta turned into an anime guy. Funny how the Femushinmu turned into monsters while Kouta and Mai just became more caucasian-looking.

I guess I wasn't really expecting that conclusion, but anything that can surprise you in a kid's show gets points from me. Kind of the resolution I was expecting with a slight twist.

Seriously, Jounouchi? You didn't realize your pal Hase was gone all this time?

There's still another episode? That's amazing, I wonder what it'll be about.

Probably obvious, but there's a lot of references to the story of Adam and Eve in this episode:
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Gaim_46#Trivia
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Gaim 46 released

Post by OOOKaiser »

After this episode I don't know how they can still continue with a final one. The preview looks confusing to me thought Kouta left with Mai. Or is this some alternate reality o.o I didn't expect takatora to be alive still thought he finally died when Micchy hit him with his finisher.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Hase being dead is a secret since the truth of him turning into an Inves would be too hard for people to accept. It's probably better for them not to know the full truth behind what happened to Hase.

I somehow knew Takatora wasn't dead after all. Either an explosion or seeing the person died in your arms is the only way a person dies in shows.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Felt more dramatic if Takatora died in the water though.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I was surprised that Mai didn't die like the Femushinmu First Lady. Mai probably survived because Kouta only took a small bite from the fruit.

Zack didn't die? I guess Kaito was too preoccupied with Youko to finish the job.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't think giving up the Golden Fruit kills the First Lady. The Femushinmu queen probably died from other causes.

I think it would be out of character for Kaito to kill Zack. Zack was defeated and was no threat to Kaito. Plus Kaito respected Zack for standing by his convictions, even if they meant he was in opposition with his own ideals. Killing Zack at that point would be unnecessary and go against his honor code.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Soooo the show's over, right? I really don't see any need for a next episode. But should be interesting nonetheless.

Definitely far above and beyond what I was expecting when the show first started. Gaim is truly impressive.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Considering that we knew KR Drive doesn't start until October, I wasn't expecting this to be so final. Though it does leave me wondering whether the true finale will make any sense (or if they're just telling a non-canon extra story ala Wizard's last 2 episodes).

Anyhow, it was a good episode. A sword through the gut is somewhat fitting since that's what nearly killed Kouta last time. And Kouta/Mai's reunion afterwards was touching. Plus as takenoko notes the solution comes out of left field, but in a good way. So it wasn't pulling things out of rear ends, and does dovetail nicely into this lightweight Christian theme the show has been running in the background.

I do feel like Mai got marginalized towards the end though. She became a plot device rather than a person. Her final episode is her basically following Kouta. It's an unsatisfactory conclusion to a character that started out a lot stronger/interesting. And telling a 17 year old to be fruitful and multiply just comes off as all kinds of weird here...

Actually Takatora didn't fare much better either. He served a purpose in dying twice, but otherwise he doesn't get much to do in the latter half of this series.

The fighting was good as always, though. After last week's fun action fight, this week we got the intense final fight and it doesn't disappoint. The shadow fight Mai was watching was also an interesting touch.
OOOKaiser wrote:Felt more dramatic if Takatora died in the water though.
Indeed. To have him dead for a dozen episodes and then back is just kind of weird. But on the other hand since it means Micchi didn't kill him, I can't be too annoyed with the fact that the insufferable bastard wasn't killed himself.
takenoko wrote:Haha, Kouta turned into an anime guy. Funny how the Femushinmu turned into monsters while Kouta and Mai just became more caucasian-looking.
I am still completely at a loss for why they did that. It just looks so absurd, especially on Kouta with the stripped-down Kiwami Arms chest piece. I guess since Adam & Eve are often portrayed as white, that's where they wanted to go here as well? :?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I realize that I may be jumping the gun since there's one 'last' episode of Gaim... But Ooooooh I am so glad it wasn't just a giant restart button. I am so glad they didn't pull a Ryuki and that the people who died in pain and horror and still dead if they deserved it or not.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm not sure if its because of the series I'm desensitised, but I didn't really feel anything when Kaito died. Also, Kouta finally showed Kaito how to use the Spear (stab him!).

I actually think leaving Micchy alive works well. It's kind of more punishment. I like his Spider Orpenoch/DiEnd cosplay he has going on.

Also, the Takatora thing is nice. I mean with him appearing as a ghost, there was never and flowers bullshit to give anything away. Out of anyone who deserves a good ending in this series, hit has to be Takatora.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Catastrophe wrote:Also, the Takatora thing is nice. I mean with him appearing as a ghost, there was never and flowers bullshit to give anything away. Out of anyone who deserves a good ending in this series, hit has to be Takatora.
Yeah he did a lot in the show. He had the burden of saving humanity and then he got betrayed by Ryouma and the others and survived a fall. He then went back to earth only to see Mitsuzane beat the crap out of Kouta and then got knocked unconscious by him in the end leaving him in the coma. He deserved the good ending.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

So in the end, Kaito became the Fangire King & Kouta turned into David Bowie. Who would have guessed?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote:I do feel like Mai got marginalized towards the end though. She became a plot device rather than a person. Her final episode is her basically following Kouta. It's an unsatisfactory conclusion to a character that started out a lot stronger/interesting. And telling a 17 year old to be fruitful and multiply just comes off as all kinds of weird here...
Agreed. Funny how her job of "choose the next king of the golden fruit" turned into "you two, fight to win the hand of the princess' love for marriage". And considering the implication that they're going off to make a bunch of Helheim babbies, it's a little more creepy?

I mean, it's hard not to notice that when Kaito was telling Mai that he would have her, we don't really get what Mai's reaction is. Because she doesn't have one, because they need to make it okay for her to end up with either Kaito or Kouta in order for the conflict to work. If Mai just went "Oh, I will only give the fruit to Kouta, go fuck off, Kaito" there would be no last battle.

Also "Mai, go wait in pocket dimension for your knight to save/marry you."

So while everything else in the writing in Gaim is superb, it's a bit sad that it has this as one of its flaws.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

the next episode wasn't written by Urobuchi, so I'm not sure if it's canon or not.

also, about Takatora being alive, I have a tiny bit of insight to that.

no way to be sure if Urobuchi had it planned from the beginning or not, but a guy who I met at Otakon a couple years ago, and now know through facebook, got to do a thing at a con over the summer with both Urobuchi and Keiji Inafune, and after it was over, he got to ask Urobuchi a few questions. he asked who Urobuchi liked to write for, the answer being Kaito and Micchi. this led into his last question to Urobuchi "you're not gonna have Micchi die redeeming himself, are you? because after Takatora, the fans might not like it. and they probably wouldn't forgive him just for that, anyway." this caused Urobuchi to react with some surprise and ask if Takatora was a character that meant that much. my friend explained that the fans really liked him, and he personally would like if Takatora ended up found, but knows better than to expect someone to survive Urobuchi. Urobuchi said he thanked him for his questions, still had two episodes to write when he got home, hoped my friend would keep watching, then complimented his helmet from his cosplay (this guy makes insanely good Rider suits).

So, not sure if his talk with Urobuchi had any effect on this outcome, but a cool story nonetheless, in my opinion.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

All hail king kouta, damn that kurokage chestplate look fugly on him

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”