Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Re: KR Gaim 47 released

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Mandalori wrote:It's all in the movie, you can found the explanation on wikipedia on the character section, but I won't say anything here because of spoilers. Even with spoilers tag it seem it's not ok.
You got that right. Even if I know I wouldn't say it here.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

TokuCasual wrote:You said it. He's a "God". He probably read mind.
Kouta said he once told Kougane he's only golden on the outside, hence they met before. Hence your reasoning is invalid.
Mandalori wrote:It's all in the movie, you can found the explanation on wikipedia on the character section, but I won't say anything here because of spoilers. Even with spoilers tag it seem it's not ok.
Ohhh okay thanks. If it's going to spoil the entire movie then I guess I will just wait until it's out. As for within the series itself, I just couldn't think of a particular period in which Kouta had the time to leave the Overlords and whatnot alone and went to save another dimension.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Spoiler-free zone! I want my kids' show untainted!

(Honestly it's mostly a problem of one person ruining it for everyone else, hence the very strict spoiler policy. Some people don't label their spoilers correctly and then I get completely ruined for a certain death in W. Still mad about that)
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

As said by not only me, but by so many others, Gaim currently holds the title for best Heisei Series yet. I did not know what to expect when I first learned about this show, but what started out as a mixture between Pokemon, So You Think You Can Dance, and Gang Wars, spun into this; a show that not only talks about the power struggles between the lower class and those with power, but even gets into genocide and what one does with the power of 'God.' From the start to the finish, Uro Butcher did an amazing job with the characters from start to finish. Even using the first episode to hint that
Spoiler
Takatora and Micchi, Kaito, and Kouta would be the final ones standing, but instead, we get a good battle out of Kaito and Kouta

I'm with the majority of those that don't really care for Kougami due to the missing Summer Movie, but if you think about it like this, it just means that we have to wait for a true ending to Gaim. Just gotta give it a month or two (it usually takes about half a year for movies, right?)

All the same though, I kinda wish Kouta didn't fight alongside Micchi for the final battle. I would've preferred that Kouta would've shown up in spirit and handed Micchi all of his Lockseeds that he used (save for Kiwami. Gotta keep that one) and let Micchi carry on the legacy of Kamen Rider Gaim. Would've made for a more interesting GaimxDrive movie.

EDIT:

And while I'm talking about the Gaim and Drive movie, I just thought about something with World Tree Kaito:
Spoiler
I have a feeling that somethings going to happen to that tree, which causes Kouta to return to Earth and fight, but for some reason lose his Golden Fruit powers. Then we get Drive's story and the rest of the movie.
Last edited by FangTrigger on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

FangTrigger wrote:As said by not only me, but by so many others, Gaim currently holds the title for best Heisei Series yet.
I wouldn't say its the best Heisei Series yet. There were other series that were pretty good too. Gaim just changed things up after the Post-Decade era.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Still laughing at Kazuraba "Aryan Ubermensch" Kouta. It's still hilarious.

This episode really was the end to Micchi's story, not so much Gaim by any real stretch. It's really a look at what this guy, who betrayed humanity for absolutely no gain, is up to. And it's drowning in self-pity, apparently! You could call this episode one of two things: "Whatever Happened to Kureshima Mitsuzane?"; or "How Micchi Got His Groove Back"

Good episode. Good wrap-up to a dangling thread. Good series.

"He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He just lived more."
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Yeah this was a nice episode. I guess the only person who's story wasn't resolved yet was Micchi's story since he betrayed everyone and this was a good way for him to be redeemed. It was nice to see his Rider form again and nice to see Kouta make an appearance to help battle the baddie. That Mana Tree just brought back memories of the video game Secret of Mana. Lol...Looks like Kaito is reborn through it though. That's cool. Good series. Gaim is definitely one of the best series of the Heisei Era.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I thought this was going to be a pointless epilogue, and it kind of was, but it was decent and didn't ruin last week's ending.

Overall, Gaim was a very different Kamen Rider series. It was refreshing for it to basically be a single story, with many distinct characters. Recent KR series seem to have drifted to being more similar to Sentai, but Gaim was not. We'll have to wait and see what future Kamen Riders have in store. This series sets a high mark for future KR shows to strive to surpass.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

I find it funny & pretty fitting how Jonouchi, in memory of Hase, turns into Kurokage, poses like Hase, fights like Hase & gets his ass kicked...just like Hase.

Also, something I've been thinking about. Shouldn't Takatora be arrested? I mean it doesn't really bother me & I'm totally fine that he isn't, but he was overseeing a conspiracy to wipe out 90% of the Earths population. And since Ryouma leaked everything about Yggdrasils big genocide plan to the public, it would only make sense for there to be mass arrests of Yggdrasil employees, especially the higher ups.

But again, it doesn't really bother me, & I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out. All in all this was good end to a great series. I'm not sure it's my favourite Rider series of all time, but it's definately in the top 5.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

HarryFA1 wrote:I find it funny & pretty fitting how Jonouchi, in memory of Hase, turns into Kurokage, poses like Hase, fights like Hase & gets his ass kicked...just like Hase.

Also, something I've been thinking about. Shouldn't Takatora be arrested? I mean it doesn't really bother me & I'm totally fine that he isn't, but he was overseeing a conspiracy to wipe out 90% of the Earths population. And since Ryouma leaked everything about Yggdrasils big genocide plan to the public, it would only make sense for there to be mass arrests of Yggdrasil employees, especially the higher ups.

But again, it doesn't really bother me, & I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out. All in all this was good end to a great series. I'm not sure it's my favourite Rider series of all time, but it's definately in the top 5.
Who wanted to arrest someone in coma.? Plus it's been a messed since Heilhem invaded zawame and other place, they couldn't figure out who is the conspirator, plus its Yggdrassil who discovered about heilhem. I guessed Yggdrassill got the upper hand above the UN ever since they discovered about the cracks, inves, and also made the mass production of drivers, and so only 1/5 earth population surviving the invasion.
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

takenoko wrote:That is an interesting to note, that Micchi ends up as the last Armored Rider standing. (Except for Jounouchi's? I don't remember if his belt got destroyed when he got knocked down)
Either the belt or the lock was destroyed. After he got de-henshined, there were three different pieces on the ground
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Some laws break you.

Just handwave that neither Takatora nor Micchi are on trial for conspiring to commit crimes against humanity. That's a little too deep for these shows, you know?
andyreal
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Iwashimizu Luna
Favorite Actor?: Miura Ryousuke
Favorite Band: Aqua Timez
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Ore Sanjou
Quote: Finish what you leaved undone

Post by andyreal »

If you guys still remembered about project ark. All of you won't support Takatora and Micchi. After Takatora encountered Overlord Demushu then he realized that Kouta was right and all those killing, wipe out the witness and evidence for data gathering, and contingency plan was made all cost more casualties. It was before he thought earth had no more hope and he was wrong about it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

You know, if I were given the choice to save 1/7th of humanity or none of it, I'd probably pick the 1/7th.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Some laws break you.

Yeah, it's a really horrible choice to make. Allow all of humanity to die, or purposely kill off six billion people to save the last one billion. Neither one of those is anything close to a good option.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”