3%
* Fruit of the Underworld
2%

Total votes: 101
godstriker8
Infinity

Re: Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by godstriker8 »

The best heisei show absolutely. Wizard was a slog, and this was a breath of fresh air. While the synopsis had me apprehensive, I was gripped from episode 1.

It has everything you'd want:
Engaging story and characters
Colorful and varied riders and attacks
Fun belt voice that isn't grating
Awesome music that's even sung by the riders
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

A low 4 for me it would be a high 3 if not for the story changing drastically along the way. MC didn't grew on me until the very end and it was not enough for me to give it a 4 if the support cast was not good too.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Five, five, five, oh glorious five. It was everything I hoped for from an Urobutchi series :twisted: (okay, almost all. Come on Gen, where's the yuri?!). He even took the fruit idea which I initially found very off-putting and made it work. Not only work but work well. I have at most one complaint and that is I would have liked to have seen more of Youko/Malika, but that's it.

Or course the shift away from the Monster of the Fortnight format was part of what made it stand out so much and I wish that Drive hadn't gone back to it.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
KamenRiderKaibo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto

Post by KamenRiderKaibo »

I believe anyone who really watched all the (or maybe most of the) Heisei Kamen Rider series will understand how great is KR Gaim series. Unlike those 2-episodes-per-arc series, Gaim is one of the KR masterpiece which actually have a solid plot. We also see character development not only for the main character, but also the supporting characters. I don't see why this series didn't get 5/5.
Well, except for the movies, Gaim is seriously one of the must-watch Kamen Rider series.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

I'm very surprised that someone gave this a 2. Did they just watch the first twelve episodes and gave up on it?
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

wisdomcat wrote:I'm very surprised that someone gave this a 2. Did they just watch the first twelve episodes and gave up on it?
Apparently, some did. Which is a shame, they missed out big time.
Zangetsu
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Kiriko <3
Favorite Actor?: Takatora
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

Post by Zangetsu »

Of course its 5* considered why I got my username :)

In all seriousness, Gaim had many things which earned them the 5 stars. The solid dark plot, arms design, music and acting were all great.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

KamenRiderKaibo wrote:I believe anyone who really watched all the (or maybe most of the) Heisei Kamen Rider series will understand how great is KR Gaim series. Unlike those 2-episodes-per-arc series, Gaim is one of the KR masterpiece which actually have a solid plot. We also see character development not only for the main character, but also the supporting characters. I don't see why this series didn't get 5/5.
Well, except for the movies, Gaim is seriously one of the must-watch Kamen Rider series.
There is nothing wrong with 2 episode arcs but some shows can't do it right like Wizard.
KamenRiderKaibo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto

Post by KamenRiderKaibo »

wisdomcat wrote:
KamenRiderKaibo wrote:I believe anyone who really watched all the (or maybe most of the) Heisei Kamen Rider series will understand how great is KR Gaim series. Unlike those 2-episodes-per-arc series, Gaim is one of the KR masterpiece which actually have a solid plot. We also see character development not only for the main character, but also the supporting characters. I don't see why this series didn't get 5/5.
There is nothing wrong with 2 episode arcs but some shows can't do it right like Wizard.
But we've seen enough examples that 2-episodes-arc usually resulted in hurried ending for each arc. And when the writers ran out of ideas, they put in fillers. IMO you need continuous plot to properly develop the whole story, not building the plots through pieces of random arcs.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I had to sit for a few days afte finishing Gaim before posting here. I finally decided on a 4 out of 5, but it needs to be 4* because it just barely missed out.

Overall, I liked the story. There were a few bits and pieces that I could have done without, but it was interesting to see the writers drop the MOTW and step out of the comfort zone. The suits looked great, the actors were fantastic, and it was the first time in a long time that I could picture the characters in the suits. Plus, I loved the "HA HAA" for Jimber and constantly thought "Batta!" whenever someone said Takatora's name.

Where Gaim lost points for me was during the final saga. The first half of that saga, probably up to episode 40, seemed like complete filler and they were stalling. There was huge story buildup for 30 or so episodes, then it was like everyone needed a nap after fighting so hard.

Spoiler
Finally, having Micchi "redeem" himself ruined the show for me. I couldn't suspend disbelief anymore when everyone started to try and help him instead of fight him.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

If he had died due to using that evil lockseed, that would've been fine.

Glad they saved Hawk Tiger though.
BIGH1001
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Do i have to answer?
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Destiny
Quote: Carpe Diem
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by BIGH1001 »

Funnily enough, i actually tried this show and dropped it after 6 episodes. Fast foward a couple months, i try the show again. And mother of god this was amazing. easily one of the best plotlines with some of the best character development you will ever see. 5/5. There would have to be a show of the gods to top this. Hell, it even has the best final form song.
RiderJustice
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by RiderJustice »

Well I enjoyed it, but has some flaws.

Pros :
Colourful design
Interesting antagonist/protagonist
Nice jingles with the Henshin sequence

Cons :
What they said above about Micchi
Not KAMEN RIDER but ARMORED RIDER (the fuck?)
You really got to get into the story to fully appreciate it (dance battle concept was awful)
The white costume of the protagonist (and his "first man" one) is pretty ridiculous
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

RiderJustice wrote:Not KAMEN RIDER but ARMORED RIDER (the fuck?)
In the storyline, it's Armored Rider. But Toei always keeps the name Kamen Rider Gaim as part of the series.

RiderJustice
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by RiderJustice »

DaVinci030 wrote:
RiderJustice wrote:Not KAMEN RIDER but ARMORED RIDER (the fuck?)
In the storyline, it's Armored Rider. But Toei always keeps the name Kamen Rider Gaim as part of the series.
Of course they did. Would have been odd from Toei to break the streak by giving the title "Armored Rider Gaim". Just why wouldn't they call Kamen in the series ? Easier...

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”