Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gaim Gaiden: KR Guridon VS KR Bravo 02 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous
Wiki

Yeah, that was amusing enough. Kind of surprised they used Kachidoki Melon here. Wonder if a lot of Japanese fans saw the Gaim stage play?

Nice to see Hase Ryouji again

No surprise here that the assistant was the villain all along. But hey, at least a Kamen Rider Girl finally transforms, right?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Gaim Gaiden: KR Guridon VS KR Bravo 02 released

Post by Catastrophe »

They did release the stage play on DVD and HawkTiger is popular enough, so it makes sense.
Hauyia
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by Hauyia »

Is it just me, or do they frequently seem to forget that the Gaim Riders in-universe have their own unique undersuits for their own convenience? Why does Zangetsu using Gridon's Lockseed look exactly the same? Also, I don't know if this is just on my end, but when I download the 720p for this episode, it gives me episode 1 along with the CSM stuff instead of episode 2. Thanks for the subs, great work!
FastestDan
Kamen Knight

Post by FastestDan »

Hauyia wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:14 am Is it just me, or do they frequently seem to forget that the Gaim Riders in-universe have their own unique undersuits for their own convenience? Why does Zangetsu using Gridon's Lockseed look exactly the same? Also, I don't know if this is just on my end, but when I download the 720p for this episode, it gives me episode 1 along with the CSM stuff instead of episode 2. Thanks for the subs, great work!
I get the same thing with HD720. Can you, please, update that torrent?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

FastestDan wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:48 am
Hauyia wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:14 am Is it just me, or do they frequently seem to forget that the Gaim Riders in-universe have their own unique undersuits for their own convenience? Why does Zangetsu using Gridon's Lockseed look exactly the same? Also, I don't know if this is just on my end, but when I download the 720p for this episode, it gives me episode 1 along with the CSM stuff instead of episode 2. Thanks for the subs, great work!
I get the same thing with HD720. Can you, please, update that torrent?
V2 is now currently seeding.

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Incredibly weak plot but the suits were cool, the action decent and the actors lots of fun, so I'd still recommend it. Doesn't overstay its welcome but gives a nice kick of nostalgia.

Did Takatora make a deal with the devil or something? The man has not aged!
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Well, adults don't age too much in 6 years.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

He still went from early to later 30s between the season and now. Usually there'd be some kind of change.

I did like the little throw back to Hayase and the fruit. I wish they explained why it didn't change, but I feel like it was the last little bit of character closure that Guridon needed.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Yeah, I enjoyed this. Gaim may not be my favorite series anymore, but I'll always gladly accept more of the show that got me started.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

Yeah... This entire thing wasn't good. Completely contrived, stupid conflict that is arguably out of character for Takatora, who never enjoyed doing something evil. But here? Instead of trying the reasonable thing, like, talking, he just risks the lives of two people who defended Zawami for a really stupid reason. Sure.

Add to that the stupidity of Gridon not realizing he is making a bloody Hellheimfruit Cake and, yeah... I know he ain't the brightest, but he is nowhere this stupid!

The villain is really just there and... All in all, this entire thing just runs on stupid without any sort of logic behind it, even if it has a neat scene for Gridon.

I might not like Gaim in general, but it never got this bad. Not even close.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Part 2 isn't really any different from part 1. It's okay, but it's not great. The plot is superfluous and clearly designed to be that way, but it's always nice to see Gaim's characters again.
takenoko wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:36 am No surprise here that the assistant was the villain all along. But hey, at least a Kamen Rider Girl finally transforms, right?
It's a shame that there wasn't even an alternative possibility. The movie only had 4 characters; 3 of them were heroes, so obviously the new chick was the villain.

What is her suit a redco of, anyhow? I don't recognize it off of the top of my head.
Catastrophe wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:48 am They did release the stage play on DVD and HawkTiger is popular enough, so it makes sense.
On that note, has TV-N ever released a sub of the stage play?
Lunagel wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:52 am Did Takatora make a deal with the devil or something? The man has not aged!
Alternatively, are we sure he's not the actual devil, living it up as the Japanese Lucifer? :lol:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:54 am
Catastrophe wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:48 am They did release the stage play on DVD and HawkTiger is popular enough, so it makes sense.
So we actually did get the blu-ray when it came out and then... kinda forgot all about it :oops:

It's in timing now, so hopefully within the next three months or so? No captions so it's gonna be a pain in the ass to translate
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:54 am It's a shame that there wasn't even an alternative possibility. The movie only had 4 characters; 3 of them were heroes, so obviously the new chick was the villain.

What is her suit a redco of, anyhow? I don't recognize it off of the top of my head.
Th e law of conservation of characters strikes again

https://dic.pixiv.net/a/%E4%BB%AE%E9%9D ... 3%E3%83%BC

According to this it's Kamen Rider Idunn with Kagematsu's arm weapon
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:04 am
ViRGE wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:54 am
So we actually did get the blu-ray when it came out and then... kinda forgot all about it :oops:

It's in timing now, so hopefully within the next three months or so? No captions so it's gonna be a pain in the ass to translate
Well better late than never. Cheers for working on it! :)
takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:13 am
ViRGE wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:54 am It's a shame that there wasn't even an alternative possibility. The movie only had 4 characters; 3 of them were heroes, so obviously the new chick was the villain.

Th e law of conservation of characters strikes again

https://dic.pixiv.net/a/%E4%BB%AE%E9%9D ... 3%E3%83%BC

According to this it's Kamen Rider Idunn with Kagematsu's arm weapon
Ah, right, the movie rider's suit. The movie was so forgettable that I always legitimately forget about it. :lol:
kevinlafriday
Infinity

Post by kevinlafriday »

I forgot how hot Takatora is. And I'm a guy.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”