Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Transformers Go Samurai Chapter 03 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Transforme ... Samurai_03

A touching episode in which Ryouma learns to quickly give up his mirror so that other people can save the world instead of him.

Kind of didn't like this one as much as the Musashi episode. I also really wish that they didn't lose the disc at the last moment.

It's a cute little series, but the repeated scenes are starting to get annoying. And where's the Shinobi chapter for this month?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Transformers Go Samurai Chapter 03 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I figured that Ryouma was voiced by Takayama Minami. She has a distinct voice. I wonder if the Legend Discs are traveling in time as well. I swear Kenzen has to do that car flip in order to transform and wish the Transformers themselves actually move their mouths and have more frames of animation.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, it's a pity that the animations are so low budget since the designs are quite good. Apparently Minami has done Ryouma's voice before, so I guess she was a natural pick. She really has that deep voice thing down.
daburuwosagase
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Fourze
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "But they didn't know that this Majide is MADE OF DEKIRU and I will tsubusu you! I will tsubusu and TAOSU you!!"

Post by daburuwosagase »

The past two episodes have been incredibly formulaic. Briefing -> go to time slip location -> talk to famous era swordsman -> enemy encounter -> disc get, release power -> gattai and defeat gattai'd enemies -> disc just barely lost, go back to present day. I can only hope that Shinobi modifies the formula.

At times the production values are pretty good considering, but at times I get so fed up with them. It's a little refreshing to see something that skips explaining the tropes you see in every anime and goes right to the action, but it sacrifices important transitions and the gradual realization of the moral of the day's episode. The stock footage can be irritating at times too.

The episode itself was okay for following the same formula as the previous. The disc has gone from the 1600s to 1800s, maybe next we'll be seeing someone from the 1400s. In any case, I really want Jinbu and Hishoumaru toys.

Return to “Transformers Go!”