Ultraman Galaxy?
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Ultraman Ginga 01 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Once I got passed with the action figures, it was a pretty enjoyable watch. Poor Taro, he just wants to be big again. I wonder with him having a soul is preventing him from being restored.

We have done the darker Ultraman series: Nexus and UltraSeven X.
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

This was fun. I'm gonna wait a couple of episodes, but I feel this is about equal to Ultraman - Towards the Future (Ultraman Great), which, back in the 90's, was what it was, an English speaking adventure show. Thankfully, Australia did that one. This means that I'll like Ginga a lot better than the FoxBox version of Tiga. (Omni, Omni, Omni! Power, Power, Power! Speed, Speed, Speed! *shudders*)
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Americans can always use more Ultraman. Personally, I say screw Mebius.

Every forum has commented on the similarity of Ginga with Kamen Rider series, with points such as the lack of defense team, a close circle of secret keepers, and a generally different tone from others. Take the differences any way you like.

As per the first episode goes, the pacing is good. Lotta plot that waits to be explained
Spoiler
but never did even until the end
, with plenty good action. Too bad they didn't build new suits for this suit except Ginga and the mysterious big bad.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

StereotypeAsian wrote:THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Americans can always use more Ultraman. Personally, I say screw Mebius.
What, why? Mebius is cool in and of itself.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

zeta_gundam wrote:Also, we see Tiga in the flashback scene. Tiga's from a different universe from Taro, but he's shown fighting alongside the Showa Ultramen... Wait, now I'm confused. One thing that irks me about modern day Ultraman shows is that they are trying very hard to merge the "Showa" and "Heisei" Ultramen together. It's making continuity really confusing.
Yeah, the Ultraman right after Tiga (Dyna) actually went through a dimensional portal at the end of his series, but popped out on the other side in Showa+ continuity in the Ultra Galaxy movie. So he's crossed over for good. But Superior Ultra 8 Brothers was just a continuity & dimension pileup. But, still, poor Nexus (Noa) doesn't get brought in. (Or if he did in that one it was for like, 3 seconds). Still, once you start acknowledging parallel universes like they have, all bets are off.

Anybody got some Ultra Tylenol?
Ginhoshi
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto, Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Decade, OOO
Dreamy: Jasmine Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Maria
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ranger Keys
Quote: Obaachan gaitteita. Otoko ga yatte wa ikenai kotoga futatsu aru. Onanoko wo nakaseru kototo, tabemono wo somatsu ni suru kotoda.

Post by Ginhoshi »

But the continuity issue with the multiple ultra universe was explained in Ultraman Saga no? There are multiple dimensions with different ultramans, all the showa ultraman, mebius and zero came from the same universe while the other heisei ultraman comes from different universes... I'm still not sure if tiga, dyna and gaia exists in the same universe though... And then there's ultraman Noa who has a statue in the ultraman planet but comes from a different universe or is it just because he can travel in multiverse? Ultraman is more confusing than riders...
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by zeta_gundam »

Yeah, I know about the multiverse issue in Saga, but... what about here? It's like one same universe where all the Ultras are fighting together... Maybe all the different Ultras came together to fight in this universe or something...
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Man I've fallen behind on my Ultra, watching this just today reminded me that I've only seen all of Ultraseven X.

Nice first episode for this very anniversary feeling series.

... Not to put myself in a villain's shoes but, stopping your truck and staring is likely the calmest and most reasonable response to seeing Alien Valkie dancing in the middle of road. Me I'd gone with stepping on the gas and not letting go till the Jaws of life are needed.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i would have run over it over and over until i was sure it had stopped moving......and then hit it in the head just to be sure.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

This looks like fun.

This is the first Ultraman show I've seen, so we'll see how that works out. Ginga's design is pretty cool.

Are Ultramen always giant?

I'm interested enough to keep watching; though as someone said, the plot is a bit simpler than other toku that I'm used to (so far anyway).
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Ultra Seven would sometimes be normal sized but not sure about some of the others.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by zeta_gundam »

Tiga was human sized in some episodes too. Can't recall if Dyna did the same thing.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I don't remember Dyna acting in human size. I think Ultraman Zero can also change to human size though

Return to “Ultraman Ginga”