zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Ultraman Ginga 02 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ultraman_Ginga_02

So, we are introduced to Kemurloid this time around... Translator trivia: Kemurloid's Japanese name is ケムール人 (Kemuuru-Jin). The Ultraman Wikia has the name translated to "Kemur Man", which is a very literal translation of the name, but probably not entirely accurate. Other translations we see online include "Kemuroid" and "Alien Kemur". Alien Kemur would be way off...

We are introduced to a new character, Ichijouji Tomoya. He's quiet and eccentric, and a creepy stalker. (On another note, he's also part of the Ultra Super Express band that sings the ending song for the show...)

I think it's clear what the theme of the show is from this episode - pursuing your dreams. I mean, we had a whole bunch of dialogue about pursuing one's dreams in episode 1, but this episode goes one step further to talk about pursuing your dreams despite difficulties (as in the case of Misuzu).
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Ultraman Ginga 02 released

Post by Yaiba »

Hikaru, put the Ginga Spark somewhere safer. You dropped it once last episode and three times in this episode

Fun fact: The biker is also a bully in KR Forze
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Klanoyt »

Err... why is the HD version of this episode 500mb+ compared to episode 1's 350mb?

Anyways, Kemurloid is creepy with that one eye at the back of his head.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Because it's 1080 not 720?
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I'm very confused by all the dark sparks that pop out of no where there should be three now. Unless the Dark Sparks used by the criminals disappear.

For such a short series I feel there may be too many characters. It seems like each episode is going to focus on each one and I believe Zeta you said this will be a 12 episode series? I hope they don't sacrifice a lot of time on all the side characters.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing

Post by zeta_gundam »

The other Sparks are called "Dark Dummy Sparks" (according to the Japanese wikipedia).

It's 13 episode, 6 now, 7 from November-December. There are two movies - one's currently in theaters now, the other is due next year.
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

To those who are annoyed by the acting, bad news, it don't get any better. The action, on the other hand...

Kemurloid. Dude looks like a fountain pen. He even squirt ink!
He was creepy back in the black and white Ultra Q, where his eyes would flash eerily. They tried that approach in this episode, I think it was decent enough atmosphere ruined by lame acting.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.

Post by Kuchiri »

Hikaru and the main girl doesn't bother me that much acting wise. Kenta and the girl with the insanely high pitch voice does however.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

That's that crazy ass monster from Ultra Q right? That was a scary episode.

I'm going to assume at the moment this is kind of low budget, just based on the fact they've had an excuse to have everything shot at an abandoned school.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Catastrophe wrote:That's that crazy ass monster from Ultra Q right? That was a scary episode.

I'm going to assume at the moment this is kind of low budget, just based on the fact they've had an excuse to have everything shot at an abandoned school.
yes, i think this was a low budget episode...that or all the budget went to the scene in space...

okay, i will not complain about the actor's skills at...well...acting, but please, don't show hikaru's face when having lines as ginga. we KNOW hikaru is inside, we don't need to be reminded everytime!
that being said, the scene were we see hikaru's face as he was flying was nice. you can FEEL the joy of wonder of all that is happening.

Also, i know this kind of assholes exist in real life, but dude, you almost killed mizuzu! that's more than just chasing people, that's called murder! what is wrong with you!?
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas

Post by Alessar »

The hallway chase sequence was deeply creepy. That BGM gave me flashes to the original series, one of the creepy episodes where kaijin were zapping people at an astronomical observatory.

The episode also made me remember one of the greatest moments in all of cinematic history; three words evoke this moment:

"Wolfman's got nards!"

By the way if any of you for some reason have not seen the original Ultraman series, you should immediately buy it for $7 from Amazon.com. Note that it is both the uncut subbed episodes and the dubbed versions. (Amusingly one of the reviewer notes that a few restored scenes have to be subbed even in the dub version because they're 100% intact.)
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Another fun episode. It's nice that they put in a romance element, when shows like SS and KR tend to avoid romance.

The villain's comment about sending Hikaru to another dimension reminded me of the dub of Dragon Ball Z.

Return to “Ultraman Ginga”