Ultraman Ginga Extra 1 Released

Ultraman Galaxy?
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Ultraman Ginga Extra 1 Released

Post by Yaiba »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ultraman_Ginga_Extra_1

It's time for a lesson in Alien Valkie's Kaiju Class!

So outside of the main Ultraman Ginga episodes, we decided to also do one of the episode from the New Ultraman Chronicles. It's interesting in that with actual footage from past Ultra shows, we get to see the difference between the kaiju that appeared in Ultraman Ginga and in their original shows.

Thunder Darambia - Except for the extra tesla coils on its back, Thunder Darambia looks pretty much the same as Neo Darambia

Kumurloid - For a show filmed in 1966, it actually looks pretty realistic. From the invert color when people disappeared, to the close up of Kumurloid's eye. The eye can actually move! There is no giant heroes in Ultra Q so humans need to fight enemies on their own

King Pandon - Instead of standing around like in Ginga, King Pandon actually has attack moves and can put up a pretty good fight

Ragon - We can see the breathing holes in the Ragon suit's mouth

Doragorie - Doragorie is pretty violent. I mean, it literally teared the other kaiju apart, with body parts flying off and such. You'll never see that in the show nowadays

Tiga Dark - In the movie Tiga Dark was black because he lost his light, but he wasn't evil

Alien Valkie - Valkie looks bulkier in the past. The last enemy that Ultraman Taro fought, he was not killed by Taro but Taro's human host, Kotaro

Also, lots of past Ultra shows actors in the last CM, how many faces do you recognized?
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Ultraman Ginga Extra/Special Released

Post by zeta_gundam »

Yaiba wrote:Tiga Dark - In the movie Tiga Dark was black because he lost his light, but he wasn't evil
The original Tiga Dark was bad guy turned good (3000 years ago or something; can't remember the timeline). The Tiga Dark that Daigo transformed into was the one who lost his light. Just to clarify things.
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Re: Ultraman Ginga Extra/Special Released

Post by Merisusa »

Just glad that we got to see a little more of Alien Valkie hamming it up. I really like the design of his mask, looks a bit like a conch shell, appropriate considering he was a space fisherman.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Ultraman Ginga Extra 1 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

There's no 1080p version since we didn't have a 1080p source for it. We didn't have the foresight to cap this when it originally aired because we were thought to be done with Ginga at that point. The decision to do this was made way after the original airing.

Alien Valkie getting defeated by a mere human is just sad.
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

RIGHT IN THE FEELS.

Are you guys going to do anything following that? I'd suggest just do Rush Hunters instead of whole episodes, but the more the merrier.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

We are actually doing the second half of Ginga. Also what the hell is Rush Hunters?
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

In Shin Retsuden episode 12 to 16, there are like 3-minute CGI little segments featuring the aliens hunting monsters call Rush Hunters. It's kinda cliche, but interesting watch I think.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Valkie's Engrishh so LOL... Merry Christmas everyone

Return to “Ultraman Ginga”