The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Ultraman Ginga 10 Released

Post by zeta_gundam »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ultraman_Ginga_10

Lamest. Episode. Ever.

- You have a rather lengthy recap... OF THE PREVIOUS EPISODE.
- You have half an episode of kids whining.
- And you have a somewhat or rather obvious plot development.

Well, at least we get a pretty awesome scene of three more Ultramen appearing... But that's about it.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Ultraman Ginga 10 Released

Post by Yaiba »

This episode is just a complete mess.

It can be split into three parts basically: The reveal of dark ruler, the standard hero vs motw, and that squabble thing in that "underworld". And these scenes don't even try to ease into each other. It can go from the scary talk of the dark ruler straight into that annoying kid squabble without any kind of transition. Individually, these parts aren't particular good either.

To me, the reveal of dark ruler is the best part in the episode. Thinking back they did drop hints about who it was, but maybe because I didn't put more thoughts than needed into this show, I didn't guess who it was, and it came out as a bit of surprise. The scene where she destroyed the school song panel was quite scary and gave me the chills. But the staff probably thinks it's too scary for kids, so Misuzu crybaby totally ruins it.

Then there is the standard battle. Why bring in a powerful monster when all it does is walk? It could have clean Jean-Nine off the map in the first few minutes. And about the calvary. Although it's cool to see three Ultramen henshin together, they add nothing to the story. Even the cliche idea of the father calling out to the daughter to come back does nothing this kind of plot point usually does, because Misuzu didn't so much as respond and then he was blown out of action already.

That "underworld" part, I think we all can seriously do without. Although Misuzu did a pretty good job portraying the nonsensical, annoying spoiled brat, it's exactly that - annoying. It just made you want to punch the screen and throw it out the window. And then they try to tense it up by having Taro saying Hikaru is risking his life, but all he does is wasting time squabbling with Misuzu while his friends are really risking their lives fighting outside. But seriously, no one dies in this show anyway.

I know this is a low budget show, but low budget doesn't automatically equals bad story writing. Oh well.
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

It pains me to see my favorite franchise becoming...whatever the hell it has become. When I saw the raws I could barely form a sentence to express my displeasure. It's so sad that I cannot even begin to be excited about Ultraman Victory.
The good parts: Grand King. Wow, they really did dig into the closet for this one.
The bad parts: ....
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

StereotypeAsian wrote:It pains me to see my favorite franchise becoming...whatever the hell it has become. When I saw the raws I could barely form a sentence to express my displeasure. It's so sad that I cannot even begin to be excited about Ultraman Victory.
The good parts: Grand King. Wow, they really did dig into the closet for this one.
The bad parts: ....
I agree. When I watch this show I can't help but wonder about the future of the Ultraman franchise. If you don't have the money to put out a decent show don't. Kids, yeah I know, but how many kids are actually amused by this show. To be honest I am just watching this for something to do at work, but I don't see a point to this show at all. It's like a fan boy dream playing with all this "dolls".

Off topic a bit. IT's a cheap show and apparently there to skimpy to put the gum in their candy toys. I got two no gum ;_; It says gum on it.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

With Hikaru and Misuzu storming off from one another yelling, "Idiot," it just reminds me of Ranma and Akane.
ultrasanto
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by ultrasanto »

Oh GOD .... its hard been an Ultra fan these days....nobody seems to care....

20 years ago i collected tokusatsu series in raw because there was nothing else.... now with great fan sub like yours (which is by the way the best of them all) we can enjoy the japanese shows and understand what s going on .

i ve been a steady fan of KAMEN RIDERS since the new millenium but i dont understand why you guys seems to prefer Sentai over Ultramen series ????

GINGA has been such a disapointment compare to older series or current sentai series....
Howerver it seems that it will kick up with the arrival of SHOICHI SAKAMOTO as director for the next show ULTRAMAN GINGA S...

BUT PLEASE YOU VE GOT TO FINISH SUBBING the final ep no 11 of GINGA...its the best ep of the series (I ve seen a raw version of it) And what about the 2 theatrical SPECIALS ? Are you gonna go them ?

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ...AND GREAT THANKS....
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I finally got around tp watching this episode. Fun to see Ginga again. The part with Misuzu seemed stupid and really just there to eat up time. I wonder if this series would have been better with a few less episodes and cutting out the extraneous crap. Also the monsters in this series never give the impression of being a real threat - they seem like giant dolls, or is that the point? However, defeating a lame villain like Alien Nackle doesn't give much satisfaction.

Return to “Ultraman Ginga”