DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Ratings Poll: Ultraman Ginga

Post by DaVinci030 »

What do you guys think of Ginga, Raidou Hikaru and his friends?

As for me, I only give an average 3.

Well. I did not say much about this series.

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Ratings Poll: Ultraman Ginga

Post by Catastrophe »

I enjoyed the first episode and the last one before the break. I never picked it up again because the others where rubbish. I would have figured that an anniversary series would have had a little more effort put into it.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

The issue I've heard is that Tsubaraya's been having financial trouble so, Ginga ended up being ridiculously under-budgeted.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I didn't like it much. It was just 'meh'; there wasn't anything 'new' (then again, Ultraman generally is quite similar from season to season, with notable exceptions like Nexus and UltraSeven X), nor was there much of a nostalgia factor like Mebius. I liked the songs and the Ultraman suit... and that's about it.

A 2 from me.

I heard that Victory (the one that came after this) is better though. Pity I don't have the money to buy the DVDs/Blurays.
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

Ultraman Ginga for me is too young... mostly targeted the kids. Although there is a plot, it is kind of short. 3 perhaps for me.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Only enjoyed the first 2 episodes. Other than that, I watched it with a painful desire to quit since the editing, sound composing is extremely bad. Sure, the budget is not much, but.......well, not much you can do there, can't you?
Sentai_ZXR7
Infinity
Quote: Ready for the Next Challenge

Post by Sentai_ZXR7 »

Ultraman Ginga has been good to watch, I understand that at times it had used dolls for the series concept.
On an standpoint this were used as a marketing tool to sell toys, Tsuburaya is partly owned by TYO Inc. and Bandai, Kazuo Tsuburaya the grandson of Eiji Tsuburaya has a seat in the board of directors of the company.
Compared to Toei, the later has got so much to live for with its super Sentai and Kamen Rider series.
I would like to see a translated work of Ultraman Ginga S and the new series Ultraman X.
The overall is quite good to watch, you may remember that Mebius had good and bad plots at times, with one character behaviour that was far worse than the police captain in Kamen Rider Drive.....
Many would say is a show for childrens but adults also like to watch something if it is catching the attention.
The blame is with the producers when they try to add suspense and they fail, due to some ridiculous concepts, is time they do some research before putting a new show, something that must be believable and consistent.
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Post by kikaida »

I liked Hikaru. I would have liked to have seen more of a relationship blossom between Misuzu and Hikaru, but with 11 episodes - you get what you get.
I thought the arc with Tomoya was good, after that - meh.

And EVERY time Chigusa opened her mouth I prayed that she'd lose her voice.

I gave it a 2.
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Rather lackluster series. The story is average, and the fighting is just bad and boring. It's funny how the clips from Alien Valkie's class (especially Dyna and Mebius) are so much more epic than Ginga's series.
However, I still had a good laugh with some stuffs, for example, Taro moaning about wanting to become big again.
The insert music was really super epic, and lifted the mood of the battles a lot. The OP and ED are really good too.
Hikaru's smile seems like it's totally forced. Just look at him in the OP of Ep7+
He also smiles way too much. Sometimes in serious battles he would still be smiling.

I hate to give it this, but comparing to Wizard which was stale but at least had an epic overall plot and exciting fights (which I gave 3/5 for), I gave Ginga 2/5.

Return to “Ultraman Ginga”