Space, the final frontier
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Re: Shougeki Gouraigan

Post by FangTrigger »

Just read up on the director. He did the character design for Onimusha 2 and 3. I gotta give him props there. Still mad that he scrapped the idea for CGI armor. Can someone explain to me what costs more? The Aromor or CGI?
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

well, armor you pay for it only once and you can keep using it for the rest of the series(i think), while cgi you have to keep making more animation(or have to rely on stock footage). on the other hand, you don't need to pay the suit actor with full cgi armor.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

There's upkeep with a real suit as well so with CG, you don't need to pay upkeep to make sure the suit is in the best condition.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

FangTrigger wrote:Just read up on the director. He did the character design for Onimusha 2 and 3. I gotta give him props there. Still mad that he scrapped the idea for CGI armor. Can someone explain to me what costs more? The Aromor or CGI?
Are you talking about the latest Garo series? If so, he's pretty hands off on that series as far as I can see. All the directing, writing (and I'm guessing the monster designs) are done by other staff members
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

takenoko wrote:
FangTrigger wrote:Just read up on the director. He did the character design for Onimusha 2 and 3. I gotta give him props there. Still mad that he scrapped the idea for CGI armor. Can someone explain to me what costs more? The Aromor or CGI?
Are you talking about the latest Garo series? If so, he's pretty hands off on that series as far as I can see. All the directing, writing (and I'm guessing the monster designs) are done by other staff members
Here's the proof.

And yes, I was referring to the current Garo series. I feel that it's just wrong for the series that's most known (in my opinion) for the armor and the fighting scenes with and without it and while I do love the out of suit fights we get in this series, it just feels lacking when it comes to the armored fights (at least in length. The first episode where Ryuuga had to pull a forced cast-off was awesome.)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Proof of what? That he worked on the original series and has nothing to do with the current one?

Compare this:
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_%7EYa ... Chronology

to this:

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_~Maka ... Chronology

A lot less Amemiya Keita in those credits as far as I can see.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

FangTrigger wrote:And yes, I was referring to the current Garo series. I feel that it's just wrong for the series that's most known (in my opinion) for the armor and the fighting scenes with and without it and while I do love the out of suit fights we get in this series, it just feels lacking when it comes to the armored fights (at least in length. The first episode where Ryuuga had to pull a forced cast-off was awesome.)
He's just credited as "Creator" in this current series, and I don't think his name has appeared for anything else. This suggests that he probably isn't involved (much or officially) in this current series. It's like how you see Ishinomori Shoutarou being credited for every single Kamen Rider series as the creator.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

plot summary:
Souma Yamamoto, known for his role as Taiga/Kamen Rider Saga in Kamen Rider Kiva, revealed in his official Twitter page that he will be starring in the upcoming tokusatsu series “Shougeki Gouraigan”, helmed by director Keita Amemiya (GARO) and screenwriter Toshiki Inoue (Choujin Sentai Jetman, Kamen Rider Agito).

Shougeki Gouraigan follows the story of Gou. He crashed after being attacked by a Magi, a monster, while transferring the Kageribito. He later realized that he's in the Human World! He received news that a mysterious group of a thousand soldiers will attack the Human World and without looking for support, he vows to protect the Human World alone...

Basically, Gou doesn't not from this world, but a general from Choshinkai, the World of Billion Truths. Here, Hikaribito (Light People) resides, a super being that possesses extraordinary powers and protects the Human World without the humans' knowledge. But there are people who are called Kageribito (Shadow People), previously a Hikaribito but committed crimes on other people.

The female lead is named Hitomi Sakai, played by Yua Shinkawa (35-sai Koukousei, GTO 2012). She is an ordinary high school girl but can see the Magi's appearance, a monster which is invisible to normal people.

Other cast includes Takuro Takahashi, Enogu Shimegi, Senpai Nezumi, Nana Seino and Nami Kasuya. Roles outside that of the lead female are yet to be revealed. Scheduled to premiere this Fall 2013, it is dubbed as a "love comedy battle action hero" series.
So, in other words, Taiga is not really a fangire but a "Hikaribito" who, after the events of this series, became a "Kageribito" and the king of the fangire? perfect logical explanation!

now seriously. if i understand well, "hikaribito" would be like "angels" with fallen angels being called "Kageribito"? (fun fact lucifer's name can be translated as "bringer of Light".)

I liked Taiga's actor in Kiva, so i'm glad to see more of him.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

http://www.orendsrange.com/2013/09/the- ... aigan.html

Seems like there's going to be five heroes in Gouraigan.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

so...do they have human forms? just a wonder, not that it would bother me if they are always transformed, i would actually like the idea of them always in that supernatural form.
Btw, Gan(or i THINK is gan) looks awesome.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I don't actually know about that yet. But it would be cool for them to stay in that form and it'll be funny to see how they'll hide from the public since they're in that form.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Just to know : will you guys sub it?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Gonna look at the first episode first and see
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

locuas wrote:so...do they have human forms? just a wonder, not that it would bother me if they are always transformed, i would actually like the idea of them always in that supernatural form.
Btw, Gan(or i THINK is gan) looks awesome.
Found this: http://forums.henshinjustice.com/showthread.php?t=88336

Looks like they do, and Tsubasa's gonna be one of the 5 heroes.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

They sure like reusing old toku actors.

Return to “Shougeki Gouraigan”